+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Last Meal

*A gallon of Hot and Sour soup

*Mushroom and Roasted Pepper pizza

*Steamed Dumplings w/ sauce

*Super size glass of Lipton's Green Tea w/ Honey
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Wow, it's obvious I just don't have the wonderful imagination for food like most of you, but here's my wish: I'd want a toasted, smooth, not chunky, peanut butter/honey sandwich with a glass of cold milk, and lots and lots of good ice cream (not the low-cal, low sugar icy crap like I usually eat ) in a variety of chocolate combinations -- no fruit, though -- fruit does not belong in ice cream!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Appetizer:
    Jalapeno Poppers
    Hot & sour soup

Dinner:
    A HUGE bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy
    Kraft Mac & Cheese
    Mongolian Beef w/white rice
    Asparagus w/mayonnaise

Desert:
    Heated brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and chopped walnuts

Drink:
    A bottle of REALLY GOOD Merlot

Oh, yeah . . .

Add a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEE EEEEE order of mussels to that!

Tee Hee!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I used to do lots of traveling around the US for work. I have delicious memories of some of the food I have eaten and occasionally think about. I would include some of my favorite dishes from around the country:

Cocktail: Bombay gin and tonic...or 2. I rarely ever drink but this would be my choice!

Appetizer: tapas from this great little place in Miami (the name has slipped my mind) along with a Margherita made with Grand Marnier from the Crown Plaza hotel (of all places) in Worcester, MA

Salad: Spinach salad with candied pecans from MacArthur Park in Palo Alto, CA

Soup: Tomato Chipotle soup from Whole Foods Supermarkets

Entree: 1/2 slab of ribs from MacArthur Park; mashed potatoes & gravy from Boston Market, sweet white corn on the cob.

Cheese/Fruit course: triple cream brie and any other horribly fattening yummy cheese along with grapes.

Desert: (I think of this dessert every week of my life and long for the days I would enjoy it once every other month when I would stay in St. Louis.) the creme brulee' served at the Ritz-Carlton St. Louis is to die for. No matter how full I might be, there would still be room.

I am salivating!

Dick & Daniele Supporter Triple T's Avatar
    Last thing I ate was... milk and cookies! :p
    Judkinsí love for travel and adventure began early, driving around the country in a seventeen-passenger van with his family.

In my day, we called that a bus. ~Q Boots

Wow...this would be so hard! I'm gonna have to go with the assumption that I could actually eat all of it.

Appetizer: Mussels steamed in white wine and garlic, as well as some really good crab cakes. Some goooood sushi too, and soft-shell crabs.

Salad: Screw the salad, I've got more important things to eat

Soup: Roasted lobster soup with truffle oil

Entree': A BIG kabob of grilled shrimp, scallops, lobster and ahi, with a lil side of grilled grouper (since it probably won't stay on the kabob) with butter and lemon; fresh corn on the cob, fresh asparagus, and an artichoke. I'd even have bacon wrapped around my scallops - if it's truly my last meal, I won't care about eating meat at that point.

Cheese/Fruit: Creamy, ripe Brie and goat cheese gouda with red grapes

Dessert: A lil piece of chocolate raspberry cheesecake, a lil scoop of Cherry Garcia ice cream and a lil scoop of peanut butter and chocolate ice cream - with lots of 100% Kona coffee (no blends) and rich cream.

After dinner: A nice cigar with some Grand Marnier for dipping/sipping.

I surely wouldn't want to cook it myself, or serve and clean up. I'd be hurt if none of my friends or family wanted to join me, and would be ecstatic to tears if they all wanted to. Most of my family doesn't like fish or seafood, so I'd find me a chef that would prepare for them whatever they wanted to eat. I'd love it if we were all up in the mountains somewhere, on a huge deck overlooking a lake where we could sit and yack and/or play cards for hours. When it gets too chilly, we can go inside and light a fire - the wood-burning kind, not a gas fireplace.

Heck...I'd do this if it wasn't my last meal and invite all sorts of people if I had a place big enough for entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by G.G.
    Salad: Screw the salad, I've got more important things to eat.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Oh man, this thread sure has me salivating. Here goes:

I'd need to start off with a couple Gin & Tonics. And an appetizer of deep fried calamari. Then a caesar salad, heavy on the garlic. And those cheese biscuits they have at Red Lobster.

Main course would be filet mignon, blue. With sauteed onions and mushrooms. I'm having trouble deciding on a side dish, so give me a baked potato with sour cream, freshly ground black pepper, and fresh chives. Also some curried rice, and some fettucine alfredo. Plus a 1.5 L bottle of Carlo Rossi California Rose. (Yes folks, it has a screw cap. I ain't no connoisseur. )

Something very decadently chocolatey for dessert. Maybe double chocolate brownies with hot fudge sauce. And fresh rasperries as a garnish. With a scoop of maple walnut ice cream on the side.

After a steaming hot cup of coffee with just a hint of hazelnut, and several ounces of Spearmint Schnapps, you can strap me happily to the gurney and roll me away.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Dessert will be the largest course and comes first... Why? Because I want it that way and it's my last meal, alright??? - Creme Brulee, Chocolate Eclairs, Key Lime Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, this delicious frozen yogurt called Oreo Cheesecake from a small place called Yumi Yogurt, a BIG hunk of white chocolate, Lemon Sorbet served in a hollowed out lemon

Appetizers- Fried Cheese Sticks, Fried Calamari, Crab Cakes

Salad- ha! like I eat salad in the first place

Entree- Shrimp Scampi galore, macaroni and cheese (homemade, with white cheddar), Filet Mignon, Lobster with lemon
    Last edited by pinkieparrot; 08-23-2004 at 11:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast