+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Workout Videos that Work

Workout Videos that Work

I couldn't find a thread on this so mods, please move if there is one already.

I'm looking for some workout videos/DVDs that can be done without a lot of equipment. I'd prefer something like a dance workout or maybe tai bo boxing to music? There are so many out there I have no idea what is good AND enjoyable to do.

I already have Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip series which is fun, but I'd like to have something more serious that doesn't have a lot of stopping and starting.

Does anyone have any favorite workout DVD's or videos that they found fun AND that gave a fabulous workout?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Re: Workout Videos that Work

I like Yoga Booty Ballet. Sounds silly, but it's mostly dancing around, along with segments on abs and ballet. I mostly skip the yoga bits, too slow. It's fun enough to do, though, and I got a set at Target that had four workouts on two DVDs. The dance segments aren't very long on some of them, and one workout requires some handweights. The set I got includes a little ball they use for ab segments. I like it, I can tell a (slight, so far) difference when I do it regularly.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

misskitty, I can't recommend Charlene Prickett's workouts enough. Some of them do require equipment, like free weights or steps, but there's also many low-impact aerobic workouts to choose from which require nothing but a little space. You may remember that she was on TV in Canada for quite a few years.
    I believe her products are still shipped out of Calgary, so you won't have a long wait for them either.

Welcome to Charlene Prickett.com

ETA: The Yoga Booty Ballet does sound like fun, mind you.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Fit to Strip is really fun, but I've seen no results.

2 videos that have actually shown results are Tae Bo [I have the older tapes from the '90s, but they are still really good, check your local craigslist site for them, I've seen a ton of people selling them for a few bucks a piece], and Rania's Bellydance Series [I know one is called Hip Hop / Hip Drop and the one I have is called 'Too Hip'].

Those are both really fun, and I have seen awesome results. I could feel the burn within minutes, and by the time it was over, I actually wanted to do it again because they were so fun.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

FORT Fogey

I don't think this is what you're looking for but the p90X system REALLY works. HOwever it's VERY hard on your body... it works wonders! And onc done, you can do anything!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll have a look at them all!

I have heard of the p90x series. And it sounds like it produces amazing results, but you really do need a home gym and to be in shape before you begin. I would love their results, but know I could not handle the program right now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Does anyone work out with Gilad on FitTV? His newer show is called Total Body Sculpt, and the older one is Bodies in Motion. Both shows have workout DVD series associated with them that you can buy.

I have to say, the best video I've found is the Cindy Crawford videos. They were pretty easy to do but you could really feel it working. I should dig mine back out.... They are kind of old, but they are effective.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I haven't used any but I have a dear friend who lost 70 pounds with a Tae Bo video. PM me if you'd like me to find out which one -- it would be no problem at all.

A few years ago, I rented a Billy Blanks Tae Bo video. Holy crap. I used to be in decent shape, and his workouts nearly killed me.

I have a Pilates DVD as well. Pilates is much harder than it looks - I liked it initially but eventually, I found it a bit hard on my bad knee. Personally, I find it more motivating to have commands barked at me constantly (aerobics workouts) and to keep moving, rather than having to hold a position for 30 seconds or whatever.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast