+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Workout Videos that Work

Re: Workout Videos that Work

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2460644;
    A few years ago, I rented a Billy Blanks Tae Bo video. Holy crap. I used to be in decent shape, and his workouts nearly killed me.
    The first time I did Tae Bo, I actually hurt my leg, but this was because I didn't go through the Instructional Video. I just jumped right in to the basic workout without having any training.

So, if anyone ends up trying Tae Bo, you should do the Instructional Tape first. It teaches you exactly how to punch and kick without hurting yourself. I wish I would have noticed it!

The basic workout isn't that bad, but man, does that thing take a long time to do! I don't have that much time during the day to workout, so I use the 8 minute tape most of the time. It's very, very fast paced but it's a great workout and I have seen results.

I'm too scared to try the advanced tape...
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

The Walk Away the Pounds DVDs are the ones that I use and they work very well for you.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2460234;
    misskitty, I can't recommend Charlene Prickett's workouts enough. Some of them do require equipment, like free weights or steps, but there's also many low-impact aerobic workouts to choose from which require nothing but a little space. You may remember that she was on TV in Canada for quite a few years.
    I believe her products are still shipped out of Calgary, so you won't have a long wait for them either.
    I adore Charlene's videos! I wish they weren't so expensive; $20 each is a bit spendy, and they're extremely difficult to find used. I love the variety in steps she brings, the challenging (to the brain) footwork, and her energy level being inspirational without being over the top. She's wonderful.

I also like Victoria Johnson, although I don't know if she's done anything recently.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I watch excercise tapes for hours on end, and still never get anywhere (except when I get up to get more Doritos and Dr Pepper )
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Newf!!

I like the Walk Away the Pounds too - but Leslie can get a bit annoying - she's a bit of a rah-rah

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2461460;
    Newf!!

I like the Walk Away the Pounds too - but Leslie can get a bit annoying - she's a bit of a rah-rah
    I have to have someone that is rah-rah to get me to exercise
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2461492;
    I have to have someone that is rah-rah to get me to exercise
    I love it when the instructor gets really close to the screen and screams at you to keep going. Billy Blanks does that alot, and it really does make speed up and pay more attention. I guess I don't want to disappoint a 10 year old VHS tape or something!!
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

I have the Mare Winsor Pilates set , and Tony Littles Target Training (which have some great moves) but I'm tired of those.

So, going to look for some cheap copies of:
    -Billy Blanks Tae Bo,
    -Charlene Pricketts,
    -Walk Away the Pounds,
    -Victoria Johnson,
    -Yoga Booty Ballet,

Thanks everyone!

And Newf: I just ate a bunch of Old Duth Hot Wings taco chips. Gotta work those off now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Walk Away the pounds worked for me. Lost 70lbs in about six months. I started with the 1 mile and worked my way up to the 4 mile. She was a little bit annoying so I would turn the volume down.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Actually, I use her workouts, but don't even watch Leslie any more. There are so few steps, it's easy to just watch the TV and basically do her routine without putting the DVD on, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast