+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commercial Jingles (Catchy or annoying)

Commercial Jingles (Catchy or annoying)

Okay. I really need someone's help with this. If this gets moved, just let me know where. This is driving me nuts. The Water Country jingle. (I think only people on the East Coast will know this one). There's one line in the jingle that I can never understand what they're singing. I've tried googling it with no luck. Here's what I've got and then the blanks will represent the line I don't know: When the sun is blazing and the summer gets hot, Water Country's a very cool spot. There's no better place to _ _ _ _ _ _ Water Country have some fun.Please, if you can find the missing line, PLEASE post it!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Is Stephanie

Re: Commercial Jingles (Catchy or annoying)

Oooh! I know this one!

When the summer's blazin' and the summer gets hot, Water Country's a very cool spot! There's no better place to feel or be young, Water Country, have some fun!

And then there's some other verses. I can sing those too, or we can pay Mantenna to sing them, as he'd sing more on key then me.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

THANK YOU!!! It's been driving me nuts for years now! Every summer I try and figure it out and it gets stuck in my head and I couldn't figure it out. Thank you for saving my sanity
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Is Stephanie

No problem! I don't know why I know that actually...

It's not a very persuading jingle. I mean, I love Water Country, but I don't think the jingle makes a very good argument. I have to wonder aloud if they're planning on updating it anytime soon...the commercials, too. I don't know sbout anyone else, but seeing a medevial knight in armor singing the song while walking around in a floaty tube and flippers scares me greatly.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Is Water Country a theme park? And if so... why is someone wearing armor?

Water Country is a water park in NH. I think if you're referring to the one where the guy is walking around dressed like a knight, I think they are simply trying to say that if you feel weighed down by every day life and boredom (i.e. the weight of the suit of armor), you can get rid of all that by going to Water Country and having a great time. I, myself have never been because I can't see myself driving 2 1/2 hours out of state just to hang out at a water park for 2 hours (I would probably only use the wave pool since I don't like water slides that much) and then drive 2 1/2 hours back.

I Is Stephanie

Yeah, Water Country is a water park.

Possibly, possibly. But when it's not a totally clear meaning, I'm not sure it's a very good commercial. My first thought is "wouldn't the srmor rust in the chlorine?" followed by "stop thinking so hard, you twit. You're turning into Craig."

But 2 and a half hours? You must be near Springfield then. It's an hour drive for me, and we show up when it opens (at 9) at don't leave until it closes (at 5). Then there's a Friendly's right down the road, which we eat dinner at.

But I see where you're coming from. Personally, I LOVE waterslides. There's this one, Geronimo, it's 90 feet tall and it's at an 85º angle to the ground, there's attendants at the top and you have to cross your arms and legs so that gravity doesn't throw you off...I LIVE for that ride. And actually, the wave pool isn't that great, they turn it on for 10 minutes every half hour, and it's so crowded that your tube barely has room to move with the waves. AND I'M GOING NEXT WEEK!

But I'll stop talking now...

+ Reply to Thread