+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

Re: Vacation plans & problems

In my experience on a cruise, it was awful being on the lower deck, the hum of the engine and noise of the anchor coming up and down. We booked last minute and didn't have much choice, but if I did have a choice I would spend the money and go for the upper deck with balcony. I guess it also depends on how long your cruise is for.

MRD

I personally think having the b alcony is nice. You do spend a little time in the room.
    But being below decks, you do get more engine noise and to me the feeling of claustrophobia is stronger. I would pay for a room with a view and preferably a balcony.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks! I hadn't considered the engine noise. The last cruise I took was when I was 14(my only cruise actually) but I do remember the constant humming now that you mention it. The difference in price is not as much as I thought it would be actually so I might just take the upper deck with balcony.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

With the gas prices, this may be the only way we can take a vacation this year........

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

my cousin and I were planning on a vacation to Riga, Latvia. we basically found cheap flights and good hostel already. only problem is that I don't have a passport. so we weren't able to book those yet. but I'll be applying for it next week right after I get my passport picture taken. and in Finland it only takes a week or two, so it's all good.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by reberr;3277453;
    only problem is that I don't have a passport. so we weren't able to book those yet. but I'll be applying for it next week right after I get my passport picture taken. and in Finland it only takes a week or two, so it's all good.
    That is very good. I've heard recently here in the US it can take months to get a passport!

We are planning to take the whole family back home to Alaska this summer. It is never inexpensive to travel because there are 6 of us, but we are particularly concerned about plane ticket prices this year. Especially because we want to make sure we hit a good window for fishing, which means primetime tourist season. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope ticket prices go down a tad. I really don't want our plans to fall through because of the current price of travel.

I just renewed my US passport and I sent my old one in and had the new one returned within 2 weeks. This was over the week of Christmas. I think they're on the ball now.

I'm going to Fl this May. The place sleeps 4 and I don't know who to ask-family or friends. Probably friends because we always get along! Oh well, it will still be fun! I was in Fl 2 yrs ago and couldn't get over how salty the ocean was-I hadn't been since I was in the 4th grade. I remember it being salty, but not as much as it was 2 yrs ago. Could it be due to warming?

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3277991;
    I just renewed my US passport and I sent my old one in and had the new one returned within 2 weeks. This was over the week of Christmas. I think they're on the ball now.
    I have a question. I have a passport from when I was a teenager, obviously it is expired. Can I take the passport, have a new photo taken and apply for renewal or do I need to absolutely find my birth certificate?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover, here's the renewal info from the State Department. It looks like you should be ok.

+ Reply to Thread