+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

Re: Vacation plans & problems

I'm glad things worked out for you, pakacat. It sounds like a great trip.

Yes it oes--be sure to take plenty of warm clothes. You might be surprised at how cold it can be in the parks late in the year!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

Yep, with my thin Florida blood, worried about the cold, even though the off-season rates are nice. Kind of hoping for some snow really, as it would make for nice pics.

MRD

Pakacat. After living in Florida for 44 years and then moving where they do have winter, I've found that layering is what you need. I often wear a t-shirt, then turtleneck, maybe a sweater and then a jacket. I can shed if I get hot.
    And a pair of gloves are a must for me as my hands stay cold no matter what.
    I acutally found gloves and hats and scarves in Walgreens that were 3 for $10. Not a bad price.

I have also found that if I'm going to be outside for any length of time, I wear a pair of tights under my jeans and socks over them. My feet get cold too. If I can keep my feet and hands warm, then the rest of me seems to be ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks! Yep, good gloves are a huge must for me-- my hands get so cold, even in weather that is just "cool." I have the hose for under my pants, and now I'm going to have to wash my cold weather stuff... it all smells yucky after sitting in the back storage drawers so long. Depending on the conditions of course, may even go up to Mt. Charleston outside of Vegas for a little snowboarding.

I know Vegas could possibly also be quite chilly, but I might have to suffer there. I really love to wear my cutest dresses while I'm there.

I go to a lot of outdoor football games in the fall, and I've always had the hardest time with keeping my feet warm. This year, I wore sock liners like skiiers wear under regular socks and my toes stayed warm and toasty. Also, be sure to have a few hats. Heat tends to escape out of your head so it is important to keep it warm.

In Vegas, it'll be easy to limit your outdoor time. Enjoy your trip.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I also have a hard time keeping my feet warm in the cold weather. I tried every kind of sock linings there are - those for skiers, hunters - you name it, I tried it. Nothing worked. Then last year, my husband got me a pair of mukluks (sp???). They are AWESOME! My feet are nice and toasty no matter how long I'm standing on freezing cold snow or concrete.

Thank you! Oh yeah, a hat is a must for me in the cold.

Coldest I've ever been was at a college football game my brother was playing in up in Indiana over a decade ago. I lasted a quarter, and it was my hands, totally frozen in their gloves, that did me in... hiked back through the snow to our hotel and jumped right in a hot tub.

We've been out west in places while it was cold and with snow... Grand Canyon, Tahoe, ect., but it is nice that in the mountains out there you get a lot of days of sunshine as well.

Hot Hands and Hot Feet work well also. We keep them in the glove compartment of our vehicles for our unexpected 30 degree in one hour temperature drops that Texas is famous for. Just shake them up and either put in your shoes or your pockets and you have some instant heat. Love 'em and they are cheap too buy.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Website I came across while looking at another website...

Link Here

Got a gripe or a story about a flight you've taken??? Perfect place to vent....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread