+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

Re: Vacation plans & problems

My son and I are going to Massachusetts to visit my sister the week of 4th of July. My BIL and two nephews from Oklahoma are going as well. I haven't seen them since my sister died three years ago, so I'm really looking forward to it. My son actually has off work that week as the camp will be closed that week, so it worked out perfectly. The only glitch is that my husband couldn't get off work, so it's just a mom/son trip. My sister got some tickets to a Red Sox game, so my son is excited about that!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

This is it! We're leaving in about an hour. The passports didn't come, so yesterday I drove about 170 miles to get birth certificates for mr. gracie and me. I told the woman at the office she shouldn't have talked me out of getting two when I was there the first time.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Nova Scotia. I know that there are people on here that are from that area and maybe I'll see you. I won't know who you are, but you never know. The plan is to go the the Tattoo in Halifax on Sunday and I imagine there will be hundreds of people there.

See you all when we get back!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Have a great time gracie! And, take lots of pictures you can share when you get back.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Back from vacation!! It was wonderful! My brother's house is across the bay from Lunenburg and we could see the tall ships going in and out of the harbor on the clear days. We actually got to ride on the Bluenose II which is a successor to the ship on the back of the Canadian dime. We went to the Royal Halifax International Tattoo and really enjoyed the show. I'm already looking forward to going back.

The passports have been trickling in. My grandson's came the day after we left, which wasn't any help, mine got here Monday (the 23rd) and according to the web site mr. gracie's will be here by next Monday. So much for the 12 to 14 week turnaround. Try 4 months! Getting into Canada was easy. They didn't even ask for the permission from parents for Mason, but they x-rayed all of our luggage and sleeping bags. That wasn't too bad. We came back through Sault Ste. Marie once and they took everything out of our car. We even had to empty our pockets. I don't know what they were looking for, but by the time we were back on the road it was over an hour just for the search. Coming back, we waited in line for 1-1/2 hours and then US customs wanted to see the permission from his parents to get back into the US. Go figure.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

gracie - I'm glad you're all back safely and had a wonderful time. Boy, do you have some catching up to do!

I'll say! I've only seen the first episode of BB, we watched Pirate Master (because the ship is based in Lunenburg) and now I find out it's cancelled. The NASCAR league is leaving me behind and football is starting. At least all of my friends are still here! I've missed you all!

I'm bumping this thread because, well, I can . And to tell you about my upcoming plans.

Tomorrow, at this time (or maybe a little later) I'll be in Lisbon, hopefully enjoying a nice meal and I will definately drink a lot of Port Wine, I love it! It's marathon weekend, so on Sunday I'll be running, only an 8km race, but I was injured in September so that's more than enough for me. We'll get back on Tuesday so that's three days in Lisbon.

According to the weather forecast it'll be degrees in the sixties and sunny, which is way better than here; high thirties and rainy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2697769;
    I'm bumping this thread because, well, I can . And to tell you about my upcoming plans.

Tomorrow, at this time (or maybe a little later) I'll be in Lisbon, hopefully enjoying a nice meal and I will definately drink a lot of Port Wine, I love it! It's marathon weekend, so on Sunday I'll be running, only an 8km race, but I was injured in September so that's more than enough for me. We'll get back on Tuesday so that's three days in Lisbon.

According to the weather forecast it'll be degrees in the sixties and sunny, which is way better than here; high thirties and rainy.
    Have a great time and good luck and lots of speed in the marathon. Or should that be "fleet of foot". Anyway, best wishes to do well in the marathon. Have a glass of port for me please???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sounds great, femme. Well, all except for the running part. I have a wonderful trip, and please let us know how you make out.

Sounds great; have fun, femme fatale!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, didn't think we'd be able to get back out west any time soon, but we have our Christmas vacation booked now. Flying into Vegas on the 21st, visiting some of the National Parks in Utah until Christmas, when we'll be returning to Vegas for a few days. After that, flying directly to NY so my husband can see his family up there and take care of some stuff with his mom's estate.

I was able to get a good deal on the flights (SW-- not bad if you don't mind the cattle call, and we got nonstops), but had to keep checking back constantly. Noticed a HUGE amount of volatility with the prices now, changing several times a day sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread