+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 156

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

  1. #21
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    We're getting excited for our vacation now that we've started booking hotel rooms. We are heading up first to Wisconsin where Mr. MB will compete in one of his shooting competitions near Milwaukee. Then we're heading up to Manitowoc to cross Lake Michigan on the car ferry. We'll be in the Mackinac Island area for a couple of days staying in St. Ignace, and then head across the UP along Lake Superior over to Duluth, and then back home. I'm in the process of looking things up on the internet to see what all we want to do along the way.

  2. #22
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2446074;
    We actually had no plans, but now I get to spend several lovely days relaxing at the hospital next week. Ah, nothing like a morphine drip and a hospital room for your vacation.
    I've actually spent more than my fair share of time on morphine drips in the hospital ward, and those have been some of my very best vacations! Yeah, it's not the beach, but it does have it's own sense of relaxation, if I let it.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  3. #23
    Shark Week! dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    18,900

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    The week of July 23rd we are going back to Yellowstone. It will be a blast.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  4. #24
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2446670;
    We're getting excited for our vacation now that we've started booking hotel rooms. We are heading up first to Wisconsin where Mr. MB will compete in one of his shooting competitions near Milwaukee. Then we're heading up to Manitowoc to cross Lake Michigan on the car ferry. We'll be in the Mackinac Island area for a couple of days staying in St. Ignace, and then head across the UP along Lake Superior over to Duluth, and then back home. I'm in the process of looking things up on the internet to see what all we want to do along the way.
    Does that ferry drop you off in Ludington, MI. My parents used to keep their boat in Ludington right by the Badger, the ferry that crosses the lake and I wonder if its the same one.

    Their are lots of little towns in the UP that are interesting to drive through. If you can, take a little tour through Christmas, it's tiny and the whole town is dedicated to the holiday. Also, keep your camera handy. I used to drive up there for my old job and would often see bald eagles on the side of the road. You also might catch a glimpse of a moose if you are lucky. Also, pictured rocks National Lake Shore is a beautiful stop and there are lots of little hikes to go on. I can go on and on with different places to see but I will stop for now.

  5. #25
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2446761;
    Does that ferry drop you off in Ludington, MI. My parents used to keep their boat in Ludington right by the Badger, the ferry that crosses the lake and I wonder if its the same one.

    Their are lots of little towns in the UP that are interesting to drive through. If you can, take a little tour through Christmas, it's tiny and the whole town is dedicated to the holiday. Also, keep your camera handy. I used to drive up there for my old job and would often see bald eagles on the side of the road. You also might catch a glimpse of a moose if you are lucky. Also, pictured rocks National Lake Shore is a beautiful stop and there are lots of little hikes to go on. I can go on and on with different places to see but I will stop for now.
    Yes, the ferry is called the Badger and we're spending the night in Ludington before we head up to the UP. Mr. MB wants to drive up along Whitefish Bay and see the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum because we are going to a Gordon Lightfoot concert next week and he has the Edmund Fitzgerald on his mind. I was planning on stopping at the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore, too. I've always been fascinated with bridges ever since I was a little kid so the highlight for me will be driving across the Mackinac Bridge.

  6. #26
    Thinking femme fatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a world of my own
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,631

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    We have made plans for our vacation, our first summer vacation in four years! We're going to a seaside town in Denmark, so we're hoping for nice days on the beach. I found a cheap deal on the hotel, including breakfasts and dinners, so it won't be too expensive.

    Plus it's in Denmark so no need for flying or anything else. Plus no need for passports, but we'll probably bring them anyway. Living in a small country, we don't have to go very far to go abroad, so practically everyone has passports already. Although I read in the news yesterday that the cameras the police use when issuing passports are bad, so that the pictures turn out horrible (hopefully they'll get better ones by 2010, when my passport expires)

  7. #27
    Staying Afloat speedbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,952

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Quote Originally Posted by gracie;2445906;
    What kind of plans do you have for a vacation this year...
    I forgot to answer this part. I'm definitely going to St. Lucia for a week in August and possibly Australia for 10 days (my sister and her family just moved there for one year for their work). If anyone remembers the 'phobias' thread, yes I will be getting on a plane... heavily medicated on Johnny Walker and assorted feel good pills.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

  8. #28
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2446680;
    I've actually spent more than my fair share of time on morphine drips in the hospital ward, and those have been some of my very best vacations! Yeah, it's not the beach, but it does have it's own sense of relaxation, if I let it.
    Well, then its a vacation that comes highly reccomended!
    Should I take photos of my vacation to post?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #29
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2447206;
    Yes, the ferry is called the Badger and we're spending the night in Ludington before we head up to the UP. Mr. MB wants to drive up along Whitefish Bay and see the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum because we are going to a Gordon Lightfoot concert next week and he has the Edmund Fitzgerald on his mind. I was planning on stopping at the Pictured Rocks Lakeshore, too. I've always been fascinated with bridges ever since I was a little kid so the highlight for me will be driving across the Mackinac Bridge.
    The bridge is kind of fun to cross. To this day, it still freaks me out a little. Hopefully it's a nice non-windy day when you cross.

  10. #30
    Never a dull moment! chrelsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    708

    Re: Vacation plans & problems

    Count me in with those waiting for a passport . . . Mine expired and I sent it in for renewal back in April, but the website continues to say that it is being processed. I'm not really sure if I need it or not for where we are going, but it sure would be nice to have it for peace of mind in case I do.

    The reason that I may not need it is that although it is required for air travel to and from the U.S., I think that they've extended the deadline for having it for sea travel until 2008. At least, that's what I think the requirements say.

    Mr. C and I, along with his mom and dad, are doing a bareboat charter in the Virgin Islands at the end of July. It will just be the four of us on a sailboat, cruising around the U.S. and British Virgin Islands, snorkeling, expoloring the islands, etc. Since we are flying into St. Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands), I know that I don't need my passport when I arrive or depart from there, but we will be sailing between the U.S. and British Virgin Islands, and I'm just not 100% sure that I don't need it.

    Oh well, I guess the worst thing that could happen is that I get stuck on one of the British Virgin Islands and have to live out the rest of my days laying on the beach sipping Mai Tai's and watching gorgeous sun-bronzed guys . . .
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.