+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

Re: Vacation plans & problems

Having lived on both coasts, I would definitely agree there is a big difference in seafood. There's something about East Coast lobster that just does not compare to the kind I get in CA.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3374123;
    Crabcakes are probably my favorite food.

Ok. I heard back from my friend in Mobile and she had a few suggestions as far as restaurants go.

Welcome to Wintzell's Oyster House That one is downtown, fairly close to your hotel and locally famous.

The Battle House Hotel (also downtown) has a nice restaurant/bar.

Welcome to the Original Oyster House This is out on the Causeway and you will need a car to get there. I just looked at the online menu and am now starving.

Blue Gill Restaurant - Mobile Alabama's Best Live Music Venue - Home This one is also out of downtown, but it has been there 50 years and looks like fun!

I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!
    Thanks alot I look forward to trying a couple of these places out.

so I talked earlier in the thread about planning a trip to Riga, Latvia. well, I was there last week. it was all good. cheap food, quite cheap clothing and umm.. yes, a lot less snow than in Finland now! haha. really good place to go abroad for the first time in life.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

I enjoyed my trip to Mobile AL. tornado warnings and all. I was there for a convention and free time was limited but all and all a great trip.

MY next adventure is to Chicago this summer. If anyone has any ideas on fun and food please post them.

Get a deep dish pizza at Gino's East, if nothing else Go to the original location. And if you like blues, Buddy Guy's Legends is great.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Ribs from a street vendor on Rush Street.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Surprise Trip

I'm not really sure where this should go or not, but I really need some help.

I am trying to plan a surprise 3 year anniversary trip for my boy and I. I was thinking about taking him to Gatlinburg,TN and stay in one of the cabins but they are really expensive and that would be like the only gift I could give him, so I'm just thinking about staying in Nashville,TN at this hotel, but I'm not sure which hotel all I know is that I have two pictures of it from someone that I found on another site (facebook). I'm not really sure what the policy is with me posting the two pictures, but I was wondering if someone could help me identify this hotel and if there is anything we could do in Nashville,TN.

Re: Surprise Trip

How much further would it be for y'all to go to Chattanooga? We went there on our honeymoon and there are some great places to stay/things to do/restaurants that I could suggest if you would like. I've been to Nashville a couple of times, but it has been a long time - they used to have a fun riverboat dinner cruise though! Check their chamber of commerce site for info. And - let me know if you'd like Chattanooga ideas. I hope y'all have fun wherever you go!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3482955;
    How much further would it be for y'all to go to Chattanooga? We went there on our honeymoon and there are some great places to stay/things to do/restaurants that I could suggest if you would like. I've been to Nashville a couple of times, but it has been a long time - they used to have a fun riverboat dinner cruise though! Check their chamber of commerce site for info. And - let me know if you'd like Chattanooga ideas. I hope y'all have fun wherever you go!
    I am 4 hours 27 minutes away from Chattanooga so its not that bad. If you have time, I would love suggestions of places to stay and go.

We've stayed at the "Choo Choo" twice... It is a Holiday Inn property - but staying in the actual vintage train cars is REALLY cool. Make sure to ask for an "end" train carriage so you won't end up next to the diner car and go home smelling like pizza!

Chattanooga Choo Choo

That hotel has all kinds of packages including Tennessee Aquarium tickets - the Aquarium is AMAZING if you like that sort of thing.

Chattanooga has a free shuttle bus which runs throughout downtown and is wonderful.

I'll find the other links and post them tomorrow - but check the Choo Choo website - lots of info there. It's a lovely place and I'm sure y'all would have a great time there!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread