+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

Re: Vacation plans & problems

Quote Originally Posted by reberr;3282711;
    and now everything is going downfall. my cousin bought the plane tickets and then realizes that she needs to print some things that tell that we have bought the tickets and other stuff.. but she doesn't have a printer. we are quite screwed at this point.

This is probably way too late to do you any good, but most of the time, you can just go to the airline counter on the day of your flight and they can reprint your boarding passes, etc. for you. Just call the airline, though. This sort of thing happens all the time with printers and most have policies to deal with reprinting information or mailing it out to you.

My problem lately is that I have tons of frequent flier miles, but they've put so many restrictions on them (with every airline) that they are almost impossible to use anymore. I kept trying to find time to use them when we needed them, but most of those dates were either blackouts or not available for other reasons. I finally just decided to see what locations I could use them on and found out that me and the hubby can fly out to Vegas for just the $5 fee. So to heck with it. We decided just to take a weekend trip to Vegas on Valentine's Day weekend. We're excited. We have four kids between us, so we rarely get time to be off by ourselves.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm finally going on a one week vacation out of the country for the first time in 15 years! Unfortunately, I'm going with my evil twin sinister.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3287949;
    I'm finally going on a one week vacation out of the country for the first time in 15 years! Unfortunately, I'm going with my evil twin sinister.
    You're still going to have a very good vacation.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3287949;
    Didn't it turn out ok when the two of you went to the National park? Anyway, try to have fun--and keep us informed!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MK. With the winter we're getting you deserve a break. I just booked a week away to the Dominican Republic in early March. Estoy muy feliz!! Yeah, I'm happy.

I just booked our flights to TO I haven't been back there in just over 8 years. I was finally able to use our air miles to a place we want to go and at a time we can go. $400 for four of us! When I called my Nanny to tell her she started crying Not only do I get to see all of that family but they get to meet my youngest (she'll turn 7 when we are there) and we will spend time as a family in TO & Niagara Falls. I can't wait until June!!!

Awww, Imajunkie, that's great. I'm glad you get to go see your family. I bet everyone is really excited to have you come see them.

It's a miracle that you actually got to use your miles at a time you actually want to go somewhere. That's always my gripe with them. Too restrictive.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I agree Star. Especially Air Canada It is almost impossible to use miles. American Airlines is MUCH better about the miles. My husband travels a lot for business and for the very first time we used his points to book the flight and resort so it's free for us too We used our American points since I can't even deal with Air Canada...they really tick me off. Oh yeah, I'll travel when the moon is full, overnight in Cranbrook and spend 36 hours and 5 stops to get somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3288459;
    Oh yeah, I'll travel when the moon is full, overnight in Cranbrook and spend 36 hours and 5 stops to get somewhere
    Oh my gosh, this made me laugh out loud. That's exactly what its like. I have found that sometimes I can book a one-way ticket in one direction and a one-way ticket in the other direction when they tell me that there aren't any roundtrip tickets available. So there are tricks that can be used, but its a pain in the butt regardless.

But Star, now you live in an Airtran city! I LOVE their Rewards program, and their jets which are new compared to other airlines. I have their Visa card (NEVER carry a balance over, though... % rate) and usually end up with a free trip per year just from putting my household bills on it--have never had any trouble getting what I want either. But look ...You didn't "want' the days you could get, and now you are getting a much needed and unexpected break in a fun place.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread