+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Vacation plans & problems

Re: Vacation plans & problems

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3277991;
    I just renewed my US passport and I sent my old one in and had the new one returned within 2 weeks. This was over the week of Christmas. I think they're on the ball now.
    I'm certainly glad to hear that the process is moving quickly now!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3277626;

We are planning to take the whole family back home to Alaska this summer. It is never inexpensive to travel because there are 6 of us, but we are particularly concerned about plane ticket prices this year. Especially because we want to make sure we hit a good window for fishing, which means primetime tourist season. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope ticket prices go down a tad. I really don't want our plans to fall through because of the current price of travel.
    One little tip I heard on the news the other day: The best day of the week to shop for plane tickets is TUESDAY... They say if airlines are going to run specials they run start them on Tuesday and they usually pull them by Friday... I think their thought process is that working families might sit and plan vacations over the weekends...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie;3278276;
    One little tip I heard on the news the other day: The best day of the week to shop for plane tickets is TUESDAY... They say if airlines are going to run specials they run start them on Tuesday and they usually pull them by Friday... I think their thought process is that working families might sit and plan vacations over the weekends...
    Thx Brodie, I will definitely check on Tuesdays when we start shopping!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3277626;
    That is very good. I've heard recently here in the US it can take months to get a passport!
    or at least I think so. haha. since we go get our passports from police station and the website said it would take a week or so to get the passport. you can also get it in a day, but that costs double times more than the one that takes a week.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3278088;
    Buglover, here's the renewal info from the State Department. It looks like you should be ok.
    Thanks Missyboxers! I have 300 hours of vacation at work and need to actually take a long one this year!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Buglover, check into the cheaper passport "cards" the US is issuing. They are for US residents that travel to Canada and Mexico and aren't as expensive as the regular passport. It's kind of like a driver's license. I was just reading about them last week.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I read all the requirements and I will have to get a copy of my birth certificate. My passport was issued when I was under the age of 16 and I have been married twice since then. Poo. Now I have to figure out how to get my b-certificate since I don't remember exactly what city I was born in. It would be easy if I was born here where I live now because they are very fast but I know I was born in Los Angeles County so I hope I only need to mail in a request form. Argh.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3282705;
    Now I have to figure out how to get my b-certificate since I don't remember exactly what city I was born in.
    Wow bug, did you move around a lot as a kid?

and now everything is going downfall. my cousin bought the plane tickets and then realizes that she needs to print some things that tell that we have bought the tickets and other stuff.. but she doesn't have a printer. we are quite screwed at this point.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3282710;
    Wow bug, did you move around a lot as a kid?
    No, my mom was having lunch with a friend when she became ill and was bleeding. She was rushed to a hospital and they had to get me out as I had the cord wrapped around my neck. I'm not 100% sure of the actual city. I'm hoping my aunt can remember but she was only 17 or 18 when I was born.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread