+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fairs and food festivals

I Is Stephanie

Re: Fairs and food festivals

Ohh..The Wachusett Chili fest. I live 5 miles from there...but I've never been able to talk my parents into taking me. Not really chili people.

And have you ever been to the Sterling Fair? I go EVERY single year, and it only gets better! It's been compared to the Big E, only it's not as big. Still fun though.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I've only been to the State Fair in Raleigh one time... about 20 yrs. ago.
    Any Fair or Amusement Park is a blast for me! I love the fun, the food & the rides (the more horrific the better!)

A couple years ago I went to Orlando & rode the "Sling Shot!" That was such a rush! I'm ready for that again.
    The same year I went to Vegas & rode the "Big Shot" on top of the Stratosphere! Wow! That literally took my breath away! So terrifying!

I'm gonna try to go to Paramount Carowinds in Charlotte sometime this Fall. I'm ready to ride every thrill ride in the park!!

Carowinds | North and South Carolina's Themed Amusement Park

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2443920;
    Bloomin onions, fried moonpies, funnel cake, and bbq everything.
    You got me with this one. Yikes!
    Count your blessings!

Here's a few of my favorites.
    The Official Circleville Pumpkin Show Website - 100th Anniversary
    Millersport Sweet Corn Festival
    And from Columbia Tn. right outside my hometown of Nashville we have the world famous Mule Day 2007 || April 12th - April 15th in Columbia, TN

Y'all can come to the Waynesville Sauerkraut Festival in October.
    Ohio Sauerkraut Festival

or the Germantown Pretzel Festival
    http://www.ohiotraveler.com/Venue%20...l_festival.htm

yes, we do love our festivals and county fairs here in Ohio.

We have the Wisconsin State Fair sometime in August. As you can tell I am totally excited. NOT! woop dee doo. But there is summerfest coming up on the lakefront end of this month woop dee doo..... *yawn*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Unk I've been to Mule Day before! Loved it!

BoBoFan you are absolutely freakin' nuts if you rode the Big Shot atop the Stratosphere...not only would I say NO but I'd say HELL NO to that!

Some of our great festivals we have:

Renaissance Faire Hang out with medieval knights and princesses....great food and great crafts that are reminiscent of that time.

Big Spring Jam A whole weekend of great food and top notch live bands and recording artists...

WC Handy Festival The Father of the Blues....great jazz bands playing all around the city...in the parks, at restaurants...a great time to sit back and listen to some great music!

Helen Keller Festival This is actually going on this week....Good food, arts and crafts in the park, live performance of "The Miracle Worker".....

Thanks so much Stargazer for posting that link to find out the festivals in each state. I've saved that so that I can check back on it to see about areas around me!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2444110;
    I've only been to the State Fair in Raleigh one time... about 20 yrs. ago.
    Any Fair or Amusement Park is a blast for me! I love the fun, the food & the rides (the more horrific the better!)

A couple years ago I went to Orlando & rode the "Sling Shot!" That was such a rush! I'm ready for that again.
    The same year I went to Vegas & rode the "Big Shot" on top of the Stratosphere! Wow! That literally took my breath away! So terrifying!

I'm gonna try to go to Paramount Carowinds in Charlotte sometime this Fall. I'm ready to ride every thrill ride in the park!!

Carowinds | North and South Carolina's Themed Amusement Park
    We've been wanting to go to Carowinds, but are waiting for it to cool off a bit.

Seemed like we had a lot of festivals in the spring, but not so much now.

I saw one on Food TV that was the Turkey testicle festival. Now that's one you shouldn't miss, Miss Thing. I'd like to read a review of that one. I can't even remember where it was, but it was definetly one of the oddest I have heard of.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2444413;
    Here's a few of my favorites.
    The Official Circleville Pumpkin Show Website - 100th Anniversary
    Millersport Sweet Corn Festival
    And from Columbia Tn. right outside my hometown of Nashville we have the world famous Mule Day 2007 || April 12th - April 15th in Columbia, TN
    I've been to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival! (Mind you, Circleville has about 3 people living there). I'm going to save the list, as well. Good ideas for places to take my Little Sister. PITCH: if you have 2 1/2 hours a week to spare, consider becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister. You can make a huge difference in a child's life and have fun at the same time. Many children are on waiting lists just waiting for you.
    Count your blessings!

This one is right around the corner; I've never been able to get down there due to work, but I've heard it's hilarious--of course there's a lot of good food too--we are in Georgia!
    SUMMER REDNECK GAMES
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast