+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Yeah, our quirks are pretty funny, huh? You'll have to share some of yours also.

Princess
    I just loved to read this thread!! I highly recommend every one who wants to post here to read the thread in it's entirety!!!
    I'd like to quote so many things, but you'll just have to read for yourselves!

The funny thing for me, is that I'd never think about my OCD:s as such until I meet/live with someone who doesn't do things the same way that I do...

Just of the top of my head:

TP: over the top - of course!! (will change at office but not in other ppls homes)

Cutlery (1): can't put all the same type in the same slot in the d/w (or dryer)

Cutlery (2): in the drawer, from left to right - spoons, forks, knives

Every item in my home needs to have a well defined "home".

The butter knife must not be washed after usage every time, but goes on top of the lid of the butter can in the fridge. (Mostly because of my laziness )

In the shower: hmmm... this may be getting a be a bit too detailed, I'll skip this one

No conversation before breakfast + coffee (my breakfast does not include coffee). Woe those who've ever tried... :mad:

Really, I guess mostly my OCD:s are "anti" OCD:s... , and should go in the thread "Bugs me/ Don't care". (E.g. it bugs me when ppl are obsessed about....)

Princess
    Oh, just came to think about another major one:
    In bed, I have to lie in such a way that I don't get my own breath "reflected" back in my face (if you understand what I mean - and, no, it's not b/c of bad breath, it's simply annoying).

Also, someone, before wrote about non-matching bed sets. ITA! It is extremely uncomfortable! (Interestingly enough, I actually heard someone else mention this on the radio a while ago!)

ITA about the breathing thing. There is also a certain position I must sleep in. One arm curled under the pillow, and I lay on the right side of my body.

Princess
    I wonder if that's a girl thing, b/c I've never met any man that cares about it!

Another thing: I have to complete things, preferrably in one day, which is really tiring - for example post on this board until I reach a certain post count (and they have to be more than 1 line to count, or I'll have to do some more)....

Great examples of OCD behavior.

I've managed to break myself out of a lot of OCD behavior over the last couple years. It's been hard, though. I think I mentioned the thing about having to walk in-step with other people, and how I've broken myself of that. I also used to eat just one thing at a time off my plate, and I've broken myself of that.

I have friends who can't have any food touching on the plate. I always give them crap like "it all ends up touching after you swallow it, ya know!" I know it's OCD, but I can't help myself.

Glad to see the thread revived!

labtech
    Our neighbor (and my god-daughter's mom) has this thing about pencils. She will not let Stefanie use a pencil anywhere in the house except for her room. She can't stand them and she had rather die than touch one. If she sees one lying around then she will go get a papertowel to pick it up if Stefanie is not home to get it. The woman is crazy!!!

I think I mentioned the thing about having to walk in-step with other people, and how I've broken myself of that. I also used to eat just one thing at a time off my plate, and I've broken myself of that.
    I do both of those things. Maybe it's time for some habit-breaking over here also!

Wow labtech! That is very odd!!!!!

It took me a long time to break the habit of having to walk in step with other people I was with.

Really? It all started for me in 9th grade, when I was on drill team and we learned to march. From then on it's just never felt right being out of step with someone.

+ Reply to Thread