+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Let's see...a few things I'm OCD about, eh?

- I'm OCD about toilet paper like several of y'all, but I'm with Miss F...the toilet paper must come from underneath! I'll change it if Joey has put a new roll on the other way, and, yes, I've even changed it at other people's houses before!

- I'm an alarm clock checker, too. I check it several times before I go to bed, and, though I don't wake up in the middle of the night and check it, I will always check it "just once more" once I'm in bed and the lights are out. If Joey has set the alarm (it's on his side of the bed), I'll usually have to check it myself to make sure it's set correctly...

- I play a version of the "license plate game", but my version is to take the 3 letters (or however many there are) on the license plate and make up three words (each starting with one of the letters) that could make a sentence (or complete thought). For example, the three letters on Joey's mom's license plate are CJD. Once, when he and his mom weren't really getting along, I told him it stood for "Causes Joey Distress"...

- I've always had this "thing" about the number 28, and I'm not really sure why. I'll sometimes do things in multiples of 7, but I'll never go higher than 28.

I'm glad to read this thread...makes me feel a little better about my peculiarities...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm glad to read this thread...makes me feel a little better about my peculiarities...
    I'm with you on that one! I love reading these things about other people -- and you know, in many cases I've been nodding my head in agreement at how much sense they make!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It makes us all feel a little more normal to know we're not alone in our OCD'ness!

And I get new ideas for stuff to do, too - thanks, Lobeck!

OK, I just realized this one the other night...and after I started reading this thread!()...Anyway, I sleep on 2 down pillows. When I'm getting in bed to go to sleep, I make sure that the open end of the pillowcases are both pointing in the same direction (to the right). Don't ask me how or why this one started, but I've been doing it as long as I can remember...

You did it! You got me started on pillow cases. I have had different phases of pillow case strangeness. I used to have the open end of the pillow case facing the edge of the bed that it was closest to. That way, any excess casage could hang off the side. I moved onto wanting every pillow case to fit exactly so there was no excess. Now, I buy all King sized cases, so that I can tuck the ends in for a snug fit. It is great because the cases always fit the pillow. so, how wierd am I?

I just thought of this question. Do you fluff or flatten?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I fluff...so I can sink down into the pillow...I have to have pillows that are "squishy" and that I can bunch up if I want to...

labtech
    I can't stand for my pillowcases not to match my sheets. I will not sleep in a bed where the sheets and cases don't match because it makes me hot. I can't help it and I don't really know what made me this way. I don't even put unmatched sheets on the boys beds. I am so strange!!

because it makes me hot
    So I'm guessing tvjunkie switches the pillowcases any time he's in the mood? That's what I'd do if I knew mismatched sheets and cases turned my wife on.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Oh, and I neither fluff nor flatten. By the time I make it to bed, I usually just collapse and drool all over the place.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like to fluff and then flatten.

While we're on the topic of what do you do.... are you a folder or a crumpler (TP)?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread