+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Re: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    Under cover of anonymity, I shamefully admit to actually tackling the clutter (as I perceived it) in other people's homes -- without being asked. How horrible of me! It was just a few times, and I don't do it any more. I'm a struggling controlaholic. I will incorporate your comment into my recovery: they have their order too.
    That reminds me of my boss's desk. One cannot see the desk. Papers and things everywhere. Yet he knows where everything is.... and so he claims. I decided to see for myself if its true. I removed "some" things from his desk.
    1. His phone (the office phone)(of course he always uses his cell)
    2. stick'ems
    3. trash can (the floor is his trash can)

The only thing he missed was his "stick'em" pad. For all the "to do" things he gives me.

I can't have my food touch any other food on my plate. The gravy can't run off the potatoes and touch anything, the meat definitely cannot be touching anything else and I refuse to put a dinner roll on my plate..it goes on a napkin. I use divider plates when I eat because it just grosses me out. I'll pile everything on a salad and that's ok....but for everything else...no. Just no.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I can't have my food touch any other food on my plate. The gravy can't run off the potatoes and touch anything, the meat definitely cannot be touching anything else and I refuse to put a dinner roll on my plate..it goes on a napkin. I use divider plates when I eat because it just grosses me out. I'll pile everything on a salad and that's ok....but for everything else...no. Just no.
    Funny... just funny!

I don't know why your comment made me think of people that will share food after another person yet will NOT drink out of the same strall as another.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Well, sharing food with someone is different than drinking from the same straw. I don't mind cutting off a piece of something I'm going to eat and sharing it with someone else or having them do the same with me but I'm not going to eat it with their fork or take a bite of their sandwich directly! The idea of drinking out of someone else straw, with residue of their spit still in it, is gross.

I was in line at a concert once and a girl in line was chewing on some Gatorade gum. A friend of hers wanted to try it so she took it out of her mouth and gave it to that girl, who started chewing it. I about barfed. Ewwww!
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Well, sharing food with someone is different than drinking from the same straw. I don't mind cutting off a piece of something I'm going to eat and sharing it with someone else or having them do the same with me but I'm not going to eat it with their fork or take a bite of their sandwich directly! The idea of drinking out of someone else straw, with residue of their spit still in it, is gross.

I was in line at a concert once and a girl in line was chewing on some Gatorade gum. A friend of hers wanted to try it so she took it out of her mouth and gave it to that girl, who started chewing it. I about barfed. Ewwww!
    OMG! Thats just sick!

Didn't Silverstone chew food and spit it in her childs mouth?

*shivers*

With a few exceptions, I have always been quite picky about eating or drinking after others. (I have no issue with kissing. That's in an entire different category.) But, eating or drinking after others just isn't my thing. I remember as a young child, my mom trying to drink from my cup and then giving it back to me. I would cry and refuse. If my brother took a lick off my ice cream cone, I would throw it away. LOL I have no idea why. I don't think of germs. That has nothing to do with it. I think it's something in your brain chemistry.

I could french kiss someone, but not want them to eat off my plate. Silly, I know.

I also don't like it when people scrap cake frosting off the serving tray with their fingers or double dip a chip. It drives me crazy. It doesn't seem to bother most people though. I think I'm the only person I know who is like this.

Debb70 - No, this is the same reason I'm not crazy about potlucks. I just can't get past the idea of someone cooking or preparing a dish, and tasting it more than once with the same spoon.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Debb70 - No, this is the same reason I'm not crazy about potlucks. I just can't get past the idea of someone cooking or preparing a dish, and tasting it more than once with the same spoon.
    Oh yes! I'm funny that way too. I refuse to eat at church homecomings. I used to eat my mom's or family friend's dishes that I knew were clean, but all that handling by others, ruins it for me now. Most adults allow the kids to pick up food and put it back in the serving dish.

I think it's odd how most of the time when the food arrives in a restaurant and others say they want to taste my food. I cringe. I usually take a clean fork and put it on their plate. Most people have no problem with just taking their used fork and grabbing it right off your plate to their mouth and back for seconds. Uggghhh...lol

It's not that I think I will get some serious illness. I don't think I will. I think a fair amount of germs are fine. It's just the thought of it that bothers me, even though I don't think it's actually harmful. Odd.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not really a germaphobe. I think people who use a paper towel to open restroom doors or kick it open with their foot are silly. If they're that afraid of germs, how do they ever go out in public without a face mask and gloves?? Germs are all around you and you're exposed to them everyone. I think it's more important to keep your hands away from your face rather than to worry about what your hands have touched. You may not be able to completely isolate yourself from germs but you can keep from transferring them to yourself by not rubbing your eyes, chewing your fingernails, wiping your nose, etc.

I don't have a problem with eating something off of someone else's plate or letting them eat of mine but I think you should use separate utensils to transfer the food, just to be on the safe side. Generally at a restaurant there's a place setting someone isn't using, or at least an extra spoon or fork. You can use it to move the food from one plate to another easily enough.

I've had times in the past where a friend didn't finish their entree and gave me their leftovers. I know I'm going to reheat it before eating it so I don't worry about getting germs from their food. Anything on there will be killed when I reheat it.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I'm not really a germaphobe either but I am one of the 'open the public bathroom door with a paper towel' people. Household and outside germs (within reason of course) don't really bother me at all, pretty sure growing up touching everything in arms reach has helped me build quite the immune system, but public bathrooms and everything that goes along with that, uh no thanks. I've seen people do some pretty gross things in there and that's with a stanger watching! I hate when ladies put their purse on the public bathroom floor ...the floor is the dirtiest part of the bathroom, then they pick it up and carry it everywhere with them. I have more of a phobia of strange ladies purses than I do of an actual toilet seat. Also I HATE flushing toilets without a lid, like 10 years ago I flushed a toilet that sprayed the back of my legs and got so grossed out that I pretty much turn and run when I have to flush a lidless one now.

I like to alphabetize everything with a title or author lol and I don't mix bluerays with dvd's, movies with concert disks or tv shows etc. My bf's friends laugh about the video games always being in a perfect line and never out of order. It drives me crazy when stuff is in the 'wrong' place, I hang my clothes by rainbow order, the greens will even be limes by the yellow, turquoise by the blue lol it must blend the right way! Non colours are white then grey then black, the bf's are hung the same, but grouped with work shirts, golf shirts then tee shirts so he has 3 little rainbows going on his side.

+ Reply to Thread