+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Re: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Our dishes are Fiesta, which means they are all solid colors but different colors. I cannot eat off a plate that is too similar in color to the food on it (yellow plate for Mac and Cheese, red for spaghetti, etc). I was trying to keep it a 'secret' until I realized it bothers my husband to have two same colored dishes touching each othr in the stack, so now I make sure they alternate when I put dishes away and he makes sure my plate and food 'clash' if he's getting a plate out for me. We laugh about it, but we sure don't mess with it!!
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.
    Wag more, bark less

All I have to say is I have so many OCD tendencies I wouldn't know where to start. The main one I can think of right off the top of my head is compulsive hand washing.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

My highlighters have to be in their storage case in "ROY G BIV" order, or as close to it as possible. So, left to right, are pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
    (I have others, too...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    My highlighters have to be in their storage case in "ROY G BIV" order, or as close to it as possible. So, left to right, are pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
    (I have others, too...)
    I always put everything I can into rainbow order. My daughter calls it 'rainbolical'. She insists that should be the word. I have tons of colored paper which is in order, my inks for my stamps are all in order. It always made sense to put it in that order if you're putting it in any order. As it turns out not everyone thinks that way. I have a friend who likes to organize stuff. She asked for my plan on my paper. When I told her rainbow order she said she doesn't know what that is! I'm still trying to figure out how you get to your late '30's without knowing the order of the rainbow.
    Ellen and Miss Scarlet like this.

So you guys have OCD about organizing things or placing things in a certain order.

I am disorganized; but I do like to rank my food eating order from not as good to best ( I am vegan mostly). And I have an interest in patterns and astrology.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I never thought to take pictures of the mileage - but I do notice and remember where I was - I just hit 45,000 on my Nissan Murano - a few weeks shy of her 3rd birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Haul that Photo Phone out, PGM, and snap away! Or find a man named "Big Jim", and have him turn the odometer back so you can recapture those moments.

See what you learn in this thread?! Baby pictures of our cars....
    This is funny - I will have to do that with my new car - I already have 900+ miles on Kowalski - and I've only had him a 3 weeks today!

My mom used to always leave the iron on... so I think she caused my OCD. I am always checking the iron... even when I don't use it. KOOKOO, I know!

And before I go to bed... I touch all the burners on my stove... over and over... and stare at all the knobs... in the OFF position. As if I am waiting for them to turn themselves on... and if anybody goes into the kitchen after me... the process starts over.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I really fear fire so I make sure to check burners and the oven multiple times before leaving the house if I was using them. I only had one time that I left a burner on when I came home for lunch. Fortunately, I had ramen noodles that day and left the pot of water on the stove. By the time I came home from work, all the water was boiled away but at least the house wasn't burned down. That scared me so bad because I'm never ever that careless!

One time my parents and I went out to eat for supper and we came home early (I don't remember why). The first thing I noticed when coming in the house was the smell like a burner was on and heat coming from the kitchen. I rushed in to find that a burner was red hot with no one around. I quickly turned it off. It ended up that my nephew had turned the burner on to heat something up and forgot about it. I was sooooo happy we came early early that night or we might have come home to a house on fire. I still shudder to this day thinking of that incident.

People can call me crazy and OCD for double, triple, quadruple checking to make sure the stove/oven is off before leaving the house but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Where do I start? Indoor routines and organization are my areas of distress- I have a specific morning and afternoon routine, if I'm stopped, I can't remember what happens next.
    All my art supplies are organized by color, pencil/pens lead type, tip size. The points are all sharpened and pointing up. My clay is organized by color and function. Yet my drafting table looks like a bomb blew up on it.
    When I work with numbers, I check and recheck, add/subtract from the top and the bottom. I read and reread words/ sentences. I can't stand noises that are not suppose to be there. I keep the inside of my vehicle clutter free, nothing on the dash and no stuff that rolls around.
    I color co-ordinate my plates (Fiesta and Blue Willow) with food. I check and recheck electrical appliances, filters, especially the filter on the clothes dryer. My pantry is organized with old items to the front, type of foods and is well stocked. I don't have a meal plan but cook food depending on my mood. I hate to have to stop to go to the grocery store (that's another picky topic). My son comes home to go grocery shopping in my pantry.
    Outdoors, My front landscaping is orderly...but my backyard is freeform, relaxed, colorful and can get a bit on the wild side.
    I figure I like to be outdoors so much because the indoors stress me out.
    I have specific places that I put things and when I use it it goes right back to its home.
    When I'm in other people's spaces their stuff/clutter doesn't faze me and I don't clean. I figure they have their order too.
    Hopeless aren't I.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 08-17-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    ... When I'm in other people's spaces their stuff/clutter doesn't faze me and I don't clean. I figure they have their order too. ...
    Under cover of anonymity, I shamefully admit to actually tackling the clutter (as I perceived it) in other people's homes -- without being asked. How horrible of me! It was just a few times, and I don't do it any more. I'm a struggling controlaholic. I will incorporate your comment into my recovery: they have their order too.
    inthegarden likes this.
    remember to play

+ Reply to Thread