+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Well I took the monk test:

Paul -you are MORE MONK-ISH than most.
    WOW!You're definitely more concerned with cleanliness and routine than the average person. This keeps you well organized, but your friends are probably making jokes about you behind your back. Take a deep breath, leave the hand sanitzer at home, go totally nuts and actually step on the cracks of the sidewalk once in a while. You'll see it's fun to occasionally break out of your comfortable cocoon.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan
    I just remembered this morning about a compulsive/obsessive trait I've had for years...I cannot leave the house without my perfume on. If I do (which only happens if I get a call or something during my morning routine) I get a little panicky. If I realize it on the way to a store, then the first thing I do is go and squirt on a tester.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I just took the Monk-ish test and I am totally monkish. Which surprises me, but then I have not been to a movie in years-I roared at that question!"Famita, No wonder you're a Monk fan-you're practically twins. Just like this brave and brilliant detective, the thought of human contact is enough to make you break out in hives, which you will then obsess about endlessly. Brace yourself for a life like Monk's. Stock up on latex gloves, hand sanitizer and air purifiers, althugh you probably already have a hefty supply."

Just found this thread, and I must say that is is nice to find some kindred spirits out there! Here's the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

-I always have to be instep with anyone that I am walking beside. Mr. Hyper is the same, so we are a perfect match!

-I eat finger food in pairs. If I have a handful of peanuts, I eat them two at a time, one in each side of my mouth. If there is only one left in my hand, I will grab another handful, never just a single to make a pair. I will continue this until I finally end with a pair (it's a wonder I'm not 300 pounds!) If I absolutely cant make a pair, I will bite it in half to make sure that I have something in both sides of my mouth. When eating something longer, like a French Fry, I bite it in half as evenly as possible so that I have even sizes in each side of my mouth.

-My money absolutely has to be facing the same way. I cannot stand to have "messy" money! If someone hands me bills that are not organized, I will flip them all around before I count it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    -My money absolutely has to be facing the same way. I cannot stand to have "messy" money! If someone hands me bills that are not organized, I will flip them all around before I count it!
    Heh. I do the same thing. All the same way, numberical order from lowest to highest (except Canadian Tire money, which is highest to lowest for some reason). I just assumed that everybody did this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Heh. I do the same thing. All the same way, numberical order from lowest to highest (except Canadian Tire money, which is highest to lowest for some reason). I just assumed that everybody did this.
    Hah, I wish! I deal with people and money all day, and I am amazed by how little respect people have for their money. I stay far far away from the Canadian Tire Money. My husband keeps it in an envelope, it is so bad, I can't even be in the same room when he counts it. It drives me nuts to watch, and I can't keep my mouth shut if I am in the room.

Canadian Tire money! Right now I have $8.20. How much do you guys have?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Canadian Tire money! Right now I have $8.20. How much do you guys have?
    We have over $100 now - the result of living in shacks that required many purchases from CT to keep standing and in working order (plus I'm a little OCD with respect to the accumulation of CT$ and toonies). I got a $200 gift card for Christmas this year that I am planning on spending, along with a decades worth of CT$, on plants and such at the garden centre this spring.

I get the gift card from my boss every year because she knows that I think CT is absolutely the best store in the world.
    Last edited by Rattus; 02-17-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have to make the bed before I get in it. All the wrinkles have to be smoothed out, the sheet & duvet have to be even all around the bed & the pillow has to be straight. If I don't I can't fall asleep, then I toss & turn. I swear my husband goes to bed early sometimes so I cant make it.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Hello, my name is Geek the Girl and I'm an OCD freak

Whenever I leave the house, I have to check that I turned off the stove at least three times.

I, too, have to make the bed before I get into it. The sheets have to be smooth, or I can't sleep.

I have to do the dishes straight after a meal. If I leave as much as a coffee mug unwashed, I won't be able to get on with my day. (Yes, my name is Bree Van De Kamp)

My OCD is most clearly recognisable when it comes to categorising my babies - that is, my books and CDs. I categorise all my books the bookstore/library way: by genre (fiction, crime, non-fiction, and poetry all have individual sections) as well as - within each genre, of course - strictly alphabetically and - within each author - cronologically. That is, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd goes before And Then They Were None if we're talking Agatha Christie because the former was published earlier. (Obviously, I know all the years the works in questions were published; that's part of my particular brand of OCD.) Oh, and I couldn't put a hardcover novel next to a paperback even if I had a gun to my head, so I keep individual sections (all of which, of course, follow the rules regarding surname, genre, and internal chronology mentioned above) for hardcovers and paperbacks. I also keep my CDs in an alphabetical order, and if I have to sort out, say, Nick Cave's back catalogue, I put them in chronological order.

Yep, I'm a freak
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread