+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Forks, spoons & knives must all be placed in their proper slot in the silverware divider! What's the point of having a divider if the utensils are just thrown in the drawer willy-nilly?! We have a little kitchen in our office, & I find myself checking that silverware drawer several times a day & rearranging it as necessary. Thankfully, I live alone & can arrange my own silverware drawer
    according to my exact specifications (which are too complicated to go into here).
    They say Prozac is supposed to be good for OCD. Well, it hasn't changed that many of my OCD behaviors; it's just made me more relaxed about having
    them!

When I'm writing something, I can't write one word on a line by itself because it will be lonely.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crista galli
    Forks, spoons & knives must all be placed in their proper slot in the silverware divider! What's the point of having a divider if the utensils are just thrown in the drawer willy-nilly?! We have a little kitchen in our office, & I find myself checking that silverware drawer several times a day & rearranging it as necessary. Thankfully, I live alone & can arrange my own silverware drawer
    according to my exact specifications (which are too complicated to go into here).
    They say Prozac is supposed to be good for OCD. Well, it hasn't changed that many of my OCD behaviors; it's just made me more relaxed about having
    them!

I agree about the silverware. And all the tong facing the same way and stacked. Not haphazard. I took prozac but it just made me talk really fast and I couldn't sleep. And I was really happy. Like to the point of wanting to smack myself but I was too happy! ( me on prozac )
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Wow just found this thread and I am so happy to have found some new buddies.

My best friend lives in Austin and comes to visit me about every 3 months. She laughs and calls me anal about my house. She tells everyone she knows "you could eat off her floor". Well I am not that bad but one thing that really bugs me is when she uses my sink she doesn't take the hand towel and wipe out the water. I finally asked her to please wipe out the sink because the next person coming after her wants to look at the sink and know it is clean. She just laughs at me.

Another friend.........never made her bed. It used to bug the crud out of me. Of course, when she would come over my house was always straight and my bed is made every day. She said "why do you make your bed you are just going to crawl into it tonight".......I looked at her and laughed and said "well why do you flush the toilet when you poop........you are just going to poop again tomorrow". I got her...............
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Take USA's "Are You Monk-ish?" test and see how obsessive-compulsive you are!

How I tested:

Wow! You're definitely more concerned with cleanliness and routine than the average person. This keeps you well organized, but your friends are probably making jokes about you behind your back. Take a deep breath, leave the hand sanitizer at home, go totally nuts and actually step on the cracks of the sidewalks once in a while. You'll see it's fun to occasionally break out of your comfortable cocoon.
    That's uncomfortably close.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Here's mine:

You've got a few Monk-ish tendencies, but they're totally natural. You're more go-with-the-flow than grab-the-flow-and-redirect-it-so-it's straight-and-symmetrical. Keep the delicate balance you've got b/w keeping order and embracing spontaneity and you'll be set. Mr. Monk might very well be envious of you!
    I used to be more "Monkish" but not anymore.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO View Post

Another friend.........never made her bed. It used to bug the crud out of me. Of course, when she would come over my house was always straight and my bed is made every day. She said "why do you make your bed you are just going to crawl into it tonight".......I looked at her and laughed and said "well why do you flush the toilet when you poop........you are just going to poop again tomorrow". I got her...............
    I'm compulsive about my bed also, and may I steal your pooping line for my husband when he gets on me for getting on him? It probably won't work because he hasn't made a bed or cleaned a toilet in 16 years/7 months and probably 5 days-give or take)
    My compulsives are my dishwasher. I can't have other people load it because everything goes in a certain spot. If someone does load it, I have to reload it.
    I used to have a thing when I would watch TV I would count the square around the screen, around the tv, the square the knobs are in, etc. I would do that over and over during a show. It would drive me nuts so I would have to get up and leave. I don't have that now because we have a screen on our wall, so there isn't anything to count.

When I am going down several flights of stairs (like at work) I have to "untwist" myself at every landing. This goes for anytime I make more right turns than left (or vice versa) but only when walking. When I walk around my block and I make the turn on the 3rd corner I have to turn all the way around the opposite way (I make sure no one is looking!)

Luckily I have been able to resist this when driving, otherwise I'd be in a world of hurt!

I just found out my dad does the same thing!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by vondl0 View Post

I just found out my dad does the same thing!
    That is funny how families inherit some strange traits. When I was little I remember my older sister always yelling at me to quit bumping into her when we would walk side by side. I guess I would walk and veer right into her (I never noticed) It hit me one day that my daughter does the same exact thing to me and I have a hard time walking next to her because she always walks into my path or bumps me or walks me off the sidewalk

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO View Post
    . She said "why do you make your bed you are just going to crawl into it tonight".......I looked at her and laughed and said "well why do you flush the toilet when you poop........you are just going to poop again tomorrow". I got her...............
    If that line were aimed at me, I'd tell you in a hurry... the bed doesn't stink because it's not made.
    But, there is one very important detail about my unmade bed; none of the sheets, comforter, blanket, or anything else can ever touch the floor or even get very close. IF any creepy crawly gets in my bedroom, I don't want it using a dangling bedsheet to crawl into the bed to get me. No dust ruffle here either for that reason. Creepy cwawlies would never climb up the bed frame you know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread