+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Quote Originally Posted by G.G.
    Too funny on the black pen thing. I absolutely need to use a blue pen. When I worked in real estate, that was the easy way to tell if a document was an original, so most of the title companies, mortgage lenders, etc. preferred blue.
    I do this now too since I am in real estate. We have to sign in blue and now with scanning docs, the signature scans in blue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I am obsessed with the odometer in my car. I have to catch it when the numbers are all the same, when there's a sequence or when every other number is the same. I also have to be watching when it turns over to the next set of numbers, such as it just turned over from 19,999 to 20,000
    I do the same thing. I just have to be watching when it turns to the next number or I get depressed that I missed it.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35
    I do the same thing. I just have to be watching when it turns to the next number or I get depressed that I missed it.
    Not a good thing to do while I'm driving.. I'm lucky I haven't rear-ended somebody. I'm too busy watching my odometer and cannot be bothered with watching the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Not a good thing to do while I'm driving.. I'm lucky I haven't rear-ended somebody. I'm too busy watching my odometer and cannot be bothered with watching the road.
    And I try not to notice when it hits 666 in sequence...I will keep driving to not stop on those numbers.

Premium Member
    I can tell you exactly where I was when my odometer hit 666. How compulsive is that?

Fort Never Ending Party Thread - 2005

We now have 33,339 members so I missed the all 3's.

My little problems:

- must have an answering machine physically in the house, not one of those far away call answering service thingies that are so popular nowadays. Had a little bit of a freak when told by Bell Canada whilst shopping for a new phone/answering machine combo that they didn't make them anymore because they were trying to sell a service. Why must I have an answering machine you ask? Because I have to call it several times a day to make sure the house hasn't burnt down. If the machine picks up, the house is still there.

- various food items on my plate can't touch.

- can't eat other people's cooking, so even though I am personally a dreadful chef, I am doomed to eat my own food for eternity.

- my food can't be wet (soup aside) or overripe.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I used to compulsively chew the inside of my mouth. I don't now because I can't. With all my dental work the dentist has done, it has shifted my bite, therefore disallowing my obsessive mouth chewing. Which...... is a good thing. I'm so glad, because it really did bother me.

Since I'm a lefty, I give my left foot preferential treatment. Like.. the best sock (one with no hole or whatever) goes on my left foot. Oh, and it's also the first to GET the sock on, that's with shoes too! So I'm weird, sue me!

Groceries. Oy. This is a big one.. from the way it's put into the cart while shopping, to the conveyor belt assembly line (cans ALWAYS go together, non perishables always together, and so on..), and finally.. the way their put away..very "in order". It's a long drawn out OCD-day after I go grocery shopping.

The way I fold laundry is systematic and VERY militaristic. Exactly the same every time. This has also caused many riffs between my gf and I.

The more I think about it..the more I could go on... so I'll stop for now.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I just found this site today and had to read the whole thing from start to finish. I'm so glad to see I am not alone with my quirks. I also have to pat the airplane 3 times before boarding, but even more important is that before take-offs and landings all the little hooks that hold the lap trays in my row have to be straight up and down, even if I have to lean over strangers to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    My little problems:

- must have an answering machine physically in the house, not one of those far away call answering service thingies that are so popular nowadays. Had a little bit of a freak when told by Bell Canada whilst shopping for a new phone/answering machine combo that they didn't make them anymore because they were trying to sell a service. Why must I have an answering machine you ask? Because I have to call it several times a day to make sure the house hasn't burnt down. If the machine picks up, the house is still there.
    Rattus! Oh my God. I did the EXACT same thing for YEARS.

Wait, I know it's here somewhere.

Okay, check it out, this is from more than 2 years ago, in a different thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I can't believe it took me like 3 days to remember this one: fire. I'm deathly afraid of fire. I'm not afraid of candle flames or my lighter or anything, but the idea of my house burning down freaks me out. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Uh yeah, none of us like to think of our homes burning down." Yeah, I know. But my fear of this almost - ALMOST - started to affect my life. If I was gone for more than a few hours, I had to call home a lot, because I had myself convinced that as long as my answering machine picked up, the house was okay. (I know, the logic doesn't stand. It was irrational.)
    Anyway, thank you. You've just validated me in a big way.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am right handed and do the right hand/foot thing that maveno does. My food can't touch on my plate and I am scared of bathrooms that have closets...and clsoets. They freak me out. I also HAVE to be covered to sleep. And it has to be on my side of the bed.

( If I don't cover up something will "get me " )

And I have a certain tool I use at work...I misplace it constantly but I have to find it before I work on anything else. "my precious! Where the **** is my precious?"
    Last edited by JAFO'S PRINCESS; 11-17-2005 at 01:15 PM.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

+ Reply to Thread