+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Wow, now I have so much more to obsess over
    So many things are now stuck in my head...... DAMN

Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    Wow, now I have so much more to obsess over
    So many things are now stuck in my head...... DAMN
    I know, I know...this thread isn't helping.

do you all count stairs??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I count stairs, Duxxy. Mainly so if I am carrying something down or up them and can't see where I am I know how far to the bottom.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

umm yeah! me too.. thats the reason I count them *ahem*
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I must admit I count stairs and do a bunch of other crazy stuff!! You are not alone!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I've actually been diagnosed with OCD when I was little, I'm currently on Zoloft right now to help it. I have a huge whole list of stuff that I do that everyone thinks I'm nuts for.

To start off before I was on meds when I was little:
    - I used to wash my hands so much cause they were never clean enough, that a couple times they started bleeding cause I scrubbed off all the skin on my hands.
    - What really did it for me that made my Mom take me to the doctor was I locked myself in the bathroom cause nothing else in the house was clean enough

Now the weird things I do WITH my meds:
    - I can NOT go to sleep unless the bed is made. My bed needs to be made for me to lay down in it. My sheets have to be perfectly made and folded over on the top correctly, and even on both sides of the bed. My pillowcase openings have to be facing away from the middle of the bed. And I have to sleep on the right side of the bed.
    - Everything in my pantry is organized alphabetically, and by the size of the can, bag, or box.
    - My closet is organized by what type of clothing it is, and then by color, and then alphabetically by the designer.
    - When I turn off my TV, it has to be on channel 4. If my roommate or boyfriend uses my TV and it's not on channel 4 when I turn on the TV, I have to flip through all the channels when I turn on the TV.
    - If I have a drink with more than 4 ice cubes, I won't drink it. When I go to resturants, I just order my drink with no ice please, it's easier that way.
    - Everything I have has to be organized with labels facing out.
    - Everything has to be in 2's with me. (i.e. I won't pick up my phone on the first ring, only 2nd or 4th.)

*hangs head in embarassment*... it's alot worse than that but I can't expose all of my stuff or y'all will outcast me.

I havent read all the posts yet, so I don;t know if anyone has said these... When I have a bag of multi colored candies. Like m&ms or skittles. I have to separate the colors into piles and count them out by 2's. My husband ends up with all the odd ones. If he eats one of my candies that had a pair I get really mad and make him eat the match to it. Of course he thinks that is the best punishment

Also when I'm eating things that are too many to count.. Like a bowl of cereal, I just count the bites. If there is one bite left at the end and it would make me end on an odd number, I take 2 smaller bites instead.

Miss Filangi, I too am anal about my McFries! I dump all of them out and Poke every one of them with my finger. If I like the way it feels and it doesnt have a pointed end I eat it. Little ones, and ones with pointy ends I throw back in the box and give to my dog later. Poke poke poke eat. Poke poke eat..

Burger kind chicken sandwitches are always the same way. I give the bottom bun to the dog. Then eat all the lettuce that fell into the paper. Then eat the top bun with the lettuce on it. Then nibble the edges all the way around the oval of chicken. then peel it apart and pick all the chicken bits out of the middle. Then finally eat the Ovals of breading.

My mother has always complained about the way I "dissect" my food.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 11-11-2005 at 10:09 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Premium Member
    I can't stand anyone breathing on me. If someone gets too close and I feel their breath on my skin I have to wipe it off.

I am obsessed with the odometer in my car. I have to catch it when the numbers are all the same, when there's a sequence or when every other number is the same. I also have to be watching when it turns over to the next set of numbers, such as it just turned over from 19,999 to 20,000. And I sometimes even remember where I was when it turned over to a certain number.. last summer I was in Wisconsin and it read 17171.

I can't sleep with my back to the door. When I'm on call at work I can't sleep with my back to the phone... it might ring and get me. If I wake up and need to turn over I will flip completely over so my head is at the foot of the bed and I'm still facing the phone.

I am also obsessed with colors. I will open a box of crayons in the store just to smell them. I am attracted to paint chips in a hardware store like bugs to a light. I will go into a Yankee Candle store and suffer the headache from all the icky smells just because they have all the candles arranged in a rainbow of colors. I buy big packs of sharpie pens in all the colors and I take notes during rounds at work with a different color gel pen every day. I have to write my progress notes in black but my own notes for when I'm on call are very colorful. We won't even get started with all the bottles of paint up in my craft room.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-12-2005 at 08:20 AM.

I can't read books with that.. "new" smell. It's so odd and it makes my nose hurt.

+ Reply to Thread