+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Seeing the other posts about pens, here's one I thought of immediately . . .

In a couple of situations, I will only use red pens or markers to write, and specific red pens or markers, at that.

At work, I will only take/make notes, etc., with a RED Pilot Precise V5 Extra Fine Point Pen. This quirk of mine is so well known at work that if I'm at someone else's desk and have to make a note about something, usually they'll ask me: "You got your red pen on you?" 99.9% of the time, I do. If I don't, not an eyebrow is raised if I say: "Nope, hang on a sec." I come trotting back with it and scribble whatever.

My preference for writing with a red pen is so well known in the office that if somebody brings a work order to me to make a note on, sometimes they might bring a red pen with them for me to write with. That's really sweet and thoughtful, but I never use the one they bring because it's not a Pilot!

In addition, I usually keep a backup Pilot in the car and at least two in my desk drawer as backup. No one is ever allowed to use my pen unless I'm standing right there and they give it back to me immediately.

The ONLY time I have EVER deviated from this is if I have to sign off on some sort of official paperwork that must go out of the office. And then I will ONLY use black ink. Don't come anywhere near me with a blue pen for that.

At home, except for three of them, all of my VCR tape labels are written with RED Fine Point Sharpie markers, only. I will not make a new label if I don't have a red Fine Point Sharpie marker.

Scribbling notes at home for myself, writing anything else . . . I don't care what color ink or pen I'm using. I've been known to leave my husband notes in DayGlo Purple, or Hooker Orange, which sets his teeth on edge!

He'll mention it, and my response is to shrug and say: "Hey, it was there, it worked . . . what's the big deal?''

THIS coming from me, who will only use red Pilots at work and red Sharpies at home for the VCR tape labels!
    Last edited by ness; 04-17-2004 at 01:33 AM.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar

And also, if I'm doing schoolwork, I will use a blue retractable Papermate Xtend pen and nothing else.

on vacation
    I also agree about the personal space. I hate it when people walk right up to you to talk. It's like they want to suck up your air. I automatically always step back.

Also the thing about pens. I don't mind using black pens, I prefer blue BUT they cannot be fine point. I hate fine point. They have to be medium. And also at work, if they're the cheap pens, they need to have the cap on, UNCHEWED or UNBENT too.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Mechanical pencils only! Has to be bic with .5 lead preferably.

I don't write .. I type

I have a serious problem with the way my groceries are packed. I've probably mentioned this before but we just got back from our grocery run and my teeth are still on edge.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Me too Duxxy! In fact, I won't let my husband help me put them on the conveyor belt thingy in the check out because I do everything very exact. The heaviest items go on first (Bags of dog food, pop, gallons of milk, etc). All the cold stuff goes together, all the frozen stuff goes together, etc. I found out that if I put it up there like that, the baggers didn't screw up as much. So now I'm anal about it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

that's exactly what I do.. and I think thats why I get so ticked off when they don't get it right.
    A while back it seemed like a grocery conspiracy for me! No matter which cashier I went to they did something that ticked me off ...marshmallows with canned apple juice, eggs with the cheese, most recently bloody hamburger ON TOP of a loaf of bread. I lost my frikkin mind. I yelled at the cashier that came over to bag the groceries (she messed up 2 weeks in a row!) She was embarrassed, I was mad as hell and my husband didn't help things by saying well.. do you think you went a little far? then I was a tiny bit embarrassed because - well, yeah I probably did but too frikkin bad! I have sent bag boys away and bagged my own groceries, I don't mind it, as a matter of fact I prefer it.
    So we get to the cash today and my husband chose the aisle, it happened to be a cashier that hasn't pissed me off yet
    and I said oh! was this a happy coincidence or did you choose to come over here to her lane because you know I like her? He said I came here because she's the only one you haven't yelled at yet (huge exaggeration but oh well) .. then she packed my cookies with the dish soap *sigh* I just asked her nicely to separate them. I think I need to find a U Bag place lmao
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm very obsessive compulsive....sad to say. Every time I walk past my front door I have to look through the peep hole. I place everything in 3's or symmetrically and evenly spaced. I have innocuous routines I do everyday and before I execute certain functions. I look for words within words (IE: beLIEve, tRUTh) which makes reading difficult sometimes. If I'm stress I like to count endlessly. Last but not least, I am a total control freak.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Mechanical pencils only! Has to be bic with .5 lead preferably.
    Me too! I can't use regular pencils at all.

Reading Womynlee's post made me realize that I do something weird like that as well. I constantly read words backwards! I think because my grandma taught me to read at an early age,and I read pretty quickly,so maybe I got bored just reading words forward...I constantly read words backward in my head. For instance,whenever I pass a sign that says 'Entrance' in my head I say Ec-Nart-ne How messed up is that ?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread