+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I like to look at faces of passengers on the train when I'm going home, to see their faces, whether it is happy, deadly, especially sad faces. Then I will think of what their bad day or job is like.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm a counter. I count everything. Every car, step, everything. If I pass a hayfeild or any kind of field, corn, etc., I have to try to figure out an equation to attempt to figure out how many stalks or blades are in the field. I count the white lines in the road and wiggle the toes on each foot for each white line. I notice everything about every license plate I see. Word games - number games, etc. And antenna balls. I notice every antenna ball and try to decipher what it means and where it came from and why would someone put that particular ball on their antenna. (mine: pink minnie mouse....?) And I hate touching paper. Can't touch paper. I have to wear gloves to read the newspaper and such. two, three, four....Oh my God I'm insane.
    Last edited by J.D.; 12-26-2003 at 07:17 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I am very OCD as well... I looooove symmetry... I can't stand things that aren't symmetrical. If I walk through a door and rub against the door post with my left shoulder, I have to go back through and rub against the door post with my right shoulder. That's just one of the many things that drives me insane with my OCD... if I think of more, I will post again.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I don't know if this is obsessive-compulsive or not, but when I'm thinking about something, I start pacing around the room and I don't realize that I'm doing it for about five minutes.

I'm obsessive in that I have to have ice in my drinks, and I crunch it continually. So eventually I run out, only to dwell on whether I have to go downstairs to the fridge for more ice. I catalogue all my books by subject, and freak if I can't find a particular one. I'll turn the house upside down for one stupid book.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Dex, I have your clock hangup
    JD, I react to touching anything dusty the way you do to paper
    Texie, I have your reaction to losing things, not just books; doesn't matter if I have 16 of a thing I must find that ONE if it's "gone".
    All of the above is just for starters. I don't even feel like going into more of my weirdnesses(?) right now.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Dex
    *bump*
    Am I OC if I arrange my dollar notes according to their denominations in my wallet? All the 10s go together, and the 5s in front of the 10s. All the notes must face the same way... that means no upside down notes I just realized this... it was quite funny that recently after buying some food, I had to stand there for a while to rearrange the change I received
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Dex can I borrow a fiver til the weekend
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

LOL Dex .. have you ever worked retail?? I have a bit of a compulsion about money being neat too .. but I came by it honestly, 10 years in retail.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    *bump*
    Am I OC if I arrange my dollar notes according to their denominations in my wallet? All the 10s go together, and the 5s in front of the 10s. All the notes must face the same way... that means no upside down notes I just realized this... it was quite funny that recently after buying some food, I had to stand there for a while to rearrange the change I received
    Ha ha! I'm the total opposite. My whole wallet's haphazard. In fact, it's not even a wallet. It's a 'throw everything inside' holder. Sometimes I find 'extra' money hidden somewhere in some compartment and it makes me happy

Hm, I a little concerned about typing on MS Word though. Every paragraph formatting must be aligned *perfectly*, and there must be NO squiggly red/green lines. Or else it just drives me nuts.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread