+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Okay, Bumpkin, I've made that trip many times, and that's pretty funny, because I can just imagine it Surprised you didn't lose them when you had to pay the toll though.

Hey Caligirl
    In Canada it is not unusual at all to ask someone to remove thier shoes inside.I didn't know until recently that that was a Canadian thing but apparantly it comes from the prairies,people working on farms yada yada yada.My OCDs are quite large in scale.....Like I have to check on my kids twice befote I go to bed to prevent earth quakes, fires ,sunamis,terrorist attacks etc.Basically preventing unforseen disasters.Yikes
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

FORT Fogey
    Leo, Tirlittan, Unexplained, Susie and Dr. Kim, my dentist have validated me regarding shoes off at the door. Dr. Kim went as far as to say I have an Asian soul. OK, I'll buy it. I have also seen that in Bhuddist Temples you have to leave your shoes at the door and I'm certain it's traditional more than OCD. Am I rationalizing too much?

This thread is the best, it makes our seeming irrationalities seem very logical.

I love some of the stories about teaming up with the cars on a road trip without their knowledge. That is just adorable.
    Side note: I finally quit at age 6 by making a deal with my parents that if they'd quit smoking, I'd quit. They did, and I did. Then I started smoking at 18. Still waiting to see if they'll start sucking their thumbs now.
    Thank you, GJ113 for showing us that while we may all have OCD. we are not lacking a sense of humor.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Is smoking considered OCD? If so, I've got it.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Originally posted by breathless4975
    Is smoking considered OCD? If so, I've got it.
    I think it's an oral fixation

But let's not go there ...

Originally posted by oneTVslave
    Sigh...I wish I had that obsession...

BTW Hi Shazzer! Where have you been the last few days? You're not actually working at work are you?
    OneTVslave, hey! I don't have the obsession completely, but I'm getting better. You know the episode of Friends where Ross dates Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, and she has the messy apartment, and in the end Monica is so OCD that she comes over and offers to clean it? Well, I used to wish I had an OCD friend like that who would LOVE to come over and clean my place!

I've been here a teeny tiny bit each day, but yeah, we had out of town visitors, and LOTS of meetings. (Damn work, getting in the way of FORT. Sheesh. What the "h".)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'm sorry, but these OCD stories have got me laughing! Hilarious! The team stories on the highway? The thumb sucking and the smoking?? Hah-larious!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Originally posted by Shazzer
    OneTVslave, hey! I don't have the obsession completely, but I'm getting better. You know the episode of Friends where Ross dates Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, and she has the messy apartment, and in the end Monica is so OCD that she comes over and offers to clean it? Well, I used to wish I had an OCD friend like that who would LOVE to come over and clean my place!

I've been here a teeny tiny bit each day, but yeah, we had out of town visitors, and LOTS of meetings. (Damn work, getting in the way of FORT. Sheesh. What the "h".)
    Yes, I saw that one, where he sits on some bologna or something and later beats up a potato chip bag that her hamster is rustling around in. Classic.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Hey Shazzer,
    We are absolutely tied for posts now! Or were... guess maybe I am one ahead now
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Shazzer:
    You know the episode of Friends where Ross dates Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, and she has the messy apartment, and in the end Monica is so OCD that she comes over and offers to clean it? Well, I used to wish I had an OCD friend like that who would LOVE to come over and clean my place!
    Ooh--I'd like to be able to feel that way. Sadly, I can't stand it when people touch my stuff. I'm afraid they will move or throw away something important. This relates to mail too. I have to be the one to get the mail. Some stuff I can throw away without opening it. This is a step for me! Other stuff though, goes on the kitchen table because I don't know where else to put it. All I know is that I might want it later.

Starting next week I will be living away from home for 6 weeks (grad. school residency), and Mr. BShoe is actually looking forward to it, if only because the kitchen table will remain clutter-free in my absence. In the meantime, I've already started worrying about all of the mail I won't be getting. . .

Hmm. . . I like this thread-- but to hear myself admit this stuff "out loud" is a little frightening! It's nice to know that you're all crazy too!

+ Reply to Thread