+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

AliceBShoe
    It's nice to have some affirmation on the straw thing. I've gotten many wierd looks from waitresses when I ask for a straw with one of those tiny little glasses of juice!

P.S. While I am a packrat, my spaces tend to be "scattered," not dirty. Don't want you all to think I'm a slob! I even try to organize sometimes. Sometimes it works for a while. Other times, I get really upset because I knew where to find something when it was strewn about, but now that it's "put away," I can't remember where I put it! There is a method to my madness.

Originally posted by AliceBShoe
    While I am a packrat, my spaces tend to be "scattered," not dirty. Don't want you all to think I'm a slob! I even try to organize sometimes. Sometimes it works for a while. Other times, I get really upset because I knew where to find something when it was strewn about, but now that it's "put away," I can't remember where I put it! There is a method to my madness.
    Me, too! I know what pile to look in for something, but if I put it away somewhere, I can't find it and have to tear the place to shreds to find it
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

CaliGirl

That is a fabulous name!

AliceBShoe, I am obsessing over your name! Every time I see it I think to myself, "What a great name." and then I have to say it out loud.

Secondly, the whole pack rat/cleanliness thing is so much a part of OCD.

When I post here or write a recap, I am in a huge hurry to get it done. Then I have to go in repeatedly to correct and change things that will bother me.

I have turned off my computer at night, lain in bed and thought of something I must alter and then come back into my office, fire up the 'puter and try to adjust my post. This doesn't always work because too much time has elapsed.

I have developed the following fetish in the last few years: I don't like anyone wearing shoes inside my house. I ask them politely to remove their shoes at the door. I just think that shoes that have stepped in dog poop and worse have no place inside my house.

Does anyone else share this one with me?

P.S. I have already been back for one edit.

Time2MoveOn
    Im definately with ya on the shoes thing!! TP has to go overtop and at the moment I cant really think of anything else. I did however have a very bad habit back in the day of having this routine that I did before watching this certain NFL team play. I wont name the team as they have to be the MOST hated PS...dunno if this is OCD but I have to have atleast one sentence containing ........ in my Posts. LoL

AliceBShoe
    CaliGirl, I must admit that I stole "AliceBShoe" from a shoe illustration Andy Warhol did earlier in his career. It used to be my avatar. I'll have to dig it up again. As a high school student, I was somewhat obsessed with Andy. Weird.

And another thing, I am now obsessing over the fact that I misspelled "weird" in an earlier post. It's driving me crazy, and it's too late to edit! I usually proofread carefully.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i have to keep a small bottle of windex next to the computer or tv to get rid of fingerprints... cant stand finger prints... i bet i have the cleanest monitor on the FORT! does that constitute obsessive?? if not, then i'm pretty much normal, i think...

CaliGirl

What's in a name?

Originally posted by AliceBShoe
    CaliGirl, I must admit that I stole "AliceBShoe" from a shoe illustration Andy Warhol did earlier in his career. It used to be my avatar. I'll have to dig it up again. As a high school student, I was somewhat obsessed with Andy. Weird.

And another thing, I am now obsessing over the fact that I misspelled "weird" in an earlier post. It's driving me crazy, and it's too late to edit! I usually proofread carefully.
    Thank you so much for the clarification. I knew it sounded somewhat familiar.

I was obsessed with Lily Taylor's performance in "I Shot Andy Warhol." Then I became obsessed with Lily Taylor's disappearance in "Six Feet Under" and later on I became obsessed with Lily Taylor.

Now I am obsessing about a reply in a different thread. I think I got yelled at and put in my place and it is driving me insane. I will be living with it for half the day. That is the biggest OCD issue that I have. I just live with junk for a day or so until I either vent it on someone.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

Scrumpot, I'm like that too. I can't forgive myself very easily.

Remember though, don't take too seriously what people say over the internet. I knew what you were getting at in the "other" thread.
    Who shot who in the what now?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Caligirl, about the shoe thing.

We always take off our shoes when we're at home. I think it's an Asian culture. I get your disgust for wearing shoes in the house.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread