+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh don't get me started on public restrooms!

Shudder
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Several of the ladies here have to wear biohazard suits to use public restrooms, from what I gather

John, they all should have DECON showers upon exiting.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I just found this thread. I am glad to know that "normal" people do some of the same things that I do. Some days my OCD is worse than other days.

I count stairs. The dishwasher silverware holder has to have the same number of utensils in each space.

The bathroom deal seems to be universal. But, girls, do you use your freshly washed hand to open the door when you leave the public bathroom? Did the person in front of you wash before you? It kills me to see someone wash for five minutes then go open the door with their hands. Save that paper towel to open the door........I hate those air driers. I try to leave with someone in front of me, so I don't have to touch the door handle. It the door opens out, I use my foot.

I can never live with another human being again. A place for everything and everything in it's place is my mantra. If you use it, put it back or die.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

Wow, this may be my favorite thread ever. I guess I don't have too many OCD behaviors, because I can be extremely disorganized. However, I do...

- Check several times to see that I unplugged the iron before I left the house. I have been known to turn the car around and go home and check. I am always sure that if I ignore the compulsion to check than I will definitely burn the house down and take the cat with it (who cares about the house, but I would die if I did that to my cat!)

- Same scenario as the iron, but about locking the front door.

- I also share the same public restroom habits as many of the other ladies here (karate kick flush, paper towel on the door handle)

- I like to eat all my food together (unlike many of you), so I try to eat equal portions (proportionally, of course) of the different things on my plate, so as not to run out of one item before the other.

- Always eat the least desirable candy flavors first. Save the best for last!

I guess these little quirks are what make us all human...

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    When I read a book I HAVE to read every single page from front to back. I can't skip a word! Same with the newspaper & magazines. Same goes with the computer. Good thing I'm a fast reader or I would never finish anything!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Great thread, everyone! . . .and here I thought I was "special!"

1. I won't drink from a glass in a restaurant unless I have a straw. I think it's a cleanliness thing. For some reason, wine glasses are OK.

2. Candy: when eating multi-colored candy, I line them up in rows according to color. I eat one from each row until the rows are even. I then proceed to eat 1 from each row, in the order of least favorite to most favorite. In the case of M&M's, I eat the brown first, and the green last.

3. Toilet paper must come over the top.

4. I can't stand when my husband folds his pillow in half. If I try to be tolerant and not say anything, I will literally stew about it until I can't contain myself anymore.

5. I'm a HUGE packrat. My life's motto may as well be "you never know when you will need. . . " Because I save everything, I simply can't be a neat freak. For some of you, I am your worst nightmare. :

6. OK, OK. . . Clay. It kills me that I can't keep up with his thread. It kills me to know there are others I am not seeing. I'm convinced that I'm going to miss something really important. (Hold your tongue, John, etc. The first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting that you have a problem .)

OH!!! Alice. You are right some of use would kill to come to your house and help you get rid of some of your "stuff".

The drinking glass thing reminds me of my boyfriend. He has very few OCD symptoms. But one of them is getting a cup at a self serve place. He always takes two or three cups off the top to get one in the middle. Same thing with the lids. And he has to have a straw when we eat out.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Alice, I'm SO with you on the glass/straw thing!

And I think the reason we can drink out of wine glasses is we assume the alcohol is killing any germs.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Oh my gosh Alice - I think we were separated at birth. Except that I am a neat freak. I still save everything though. It just has to go into a box in the attic!!

Always, must have a straw!!!

+ Reply to Thread