+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Ha! If I told my wife she was receiving a "refrigerator violation", she'd kick my ass.

FORT Fogey
    Really John? Can she kick that high? I have seen a photo of your cute little wife and I would imagine she, like me, would do a karate kick and hit about your knee! But hey, knee caps are always good.
    Oh and you notice I am not married anymore! I watched my ex tell my 5 yr old the other day when he picked her up, "when do we put gum in our mouth?" she said before we get in the car so we don't have a wrapper or sticky hands in the car! Geeze! its a car, it serves ME not the other way around!

I tried really hard to think of any obsessions/compulsions that I may have... Other than being a stickler for spelling and grammar, I can only think of work-related things, which may fall under the "things I like my way" category. I do have to line things up on my desk in proper order (stamps go smallest to largest, from right to left. Stapler at the end of the line. Tape next to it. ) It's the same way in my home office - things have to be organized.

Items in my inbox are sorted in order of importance. Every time someone adds to the pile, I sort it again.

Hey, I guess I am a bit obsessive compulsive!! The can of worms is officially open!

Morning rituals - I wash my hair first, add conditioner, wash my body, rinse out the conditioner, wash my face, and get out. Same every day.

When I get into an elevator, I sing. Whether it is out loud or under my breath. I see if I can sing the song before the elevator opens. It's usually "Billy a Dick" (from For the Boys), or the rap part of "Waterfalls" by TLC. I can't believe I'm posting this!

Maybe I don't have OCD. I think I'm just extremely strange.

Originally posted by Aptly_Named

Hey, I guess I am a bit obsessive compulsive!! The can of worms is officially open!

Morning rituals - I wash my hair first, add conditioner, wash my body, rinse out the conditioner, wash my face, and get out. Same every day.

When I get into an elevator, I sing. Whether it is out loud or under my breath. I see if I can sing the song before the elevator opens. It's usually "Billy a Dick" (from For the Boys), or the rap part of "Waterfalls" by TLC. I can't believe I'm posting this!

Maybe I don't have OCD. I think I'm just extremely strange.
    hey, i shower in the same way! any chance we wash our body parts in the same order? hmmm, maybe i won't go into details. might get the guys here too excited.

i think i'm more strange than OCD, too. at least that's what i tell myself.

my hubby used to be a bit of a neat freak, but i guess i wore him down and he got over it.

no refrigerator violations in this house!!!

Ahhhh, firegirl...you brought back scary flashbacks with your stories!! Mine had a good sense of humor about it, at least. I remember at our rehearsal dinner, the best man made a toast that went something along the lines of, "So here's to Terry being an exemplary housewife...and to Lori for bringing home the bacon!" Everyone died laughing.

I do wonder what life is like in his household now. The man never wanted kids, but married a VERY young cocktail waitress with two of them. I asked him once if they are only allowed one toy out at a time and he said, "Pretty much." YIKES!

JR.
    Originally posted by splatty
    hey, i shower in the same way! any chance we wash our body parts in the same order? hmmm, maybe i won't go into details. might get the guys here too excited.
    Too late

I think we have a shower-routine thread, too, somewhere.

kaj
    Oh, no. Not a shower routine.

I also have that OC.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    This is one of my favorite threads.

I just love to see I'm not alone
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I don't know if this is OCD, but whenever I use a public restroom, i have to flush the throne with my foot and still wash my hands for a good 5 mins. Public restromms are the scariest places on the face of the planet. Just take a roadtrip down 95 south and you'll agree.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

+ Reply to Thread