+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Wow, reading all the past posts here makes me feel better!! I do, however, have some compulsions of my own:

Grammar/formatting: Any presentation, memo, email, or any other written thing from work MUST be perfectly formatted with correct grammar and spelling, as succinct as possible and the templates (especially in PowerPoint) used the right way.

My toolbars in Office XP have to be fixed so that the full menus show all the time, instead of after a delay or that stupid arrow at the bottom. Even when I'm on business travel and at a guest computer, I fix the toolbars.

I like symmetry and even numbers. When I'm getting a massage, it drives me nutz if I think the masseuse spent 30 seconds longer on one leg than the other!

All my music files MUST has the same naming convention!!!!!

Most of mine are work-related--I'm pretty easygoing in real life!

My ex-husband, however, is a MESS of OCD. I'll clarify this ahead of time: I DON'T hate him and he's not the anti-Christ of former spouses. We're still good friends and talk every couple of months, so this isn't a bitch-fest on the jacka** former spouse.

He MOPS the garage once week. He sweeps, then mops, then when it's dry he mops again.

He will wash his truck and go way out of his way to avoid any kind of puddle. A ten minute ride home once took us 45 minutes because of puddles.

There can be no clothes in the dirty clothes hamper. Two shirts is a load of laundry for him.

He wipes the water marks off the faucet every time he goes into the bathroom.

Dog smucks on the sliding glass door never last longer than five seconds. He has Windex on the table by the door. Same with the truck windows after he takes them for a ride.

The bathroom trash can is FOR DECORATION, not for trash. I used to put Kleenex in there and he'd make a special trip in to take it to the kitchen trash.

Only one pair of shoes by the front door and the laces must be tucked inside.

NOOOOOOO WIRRRRRRRRRRRRRE HANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS! Only white plastic hangers. Period.

He'd smooth the butt marks out of the couch, even if someone was just getting up for a drink and would be right back.

He would clean the china and shelves, etc, in the china hutch once a week--I used to do it twice a year...heh heh. It's not like we really ever used the good china.

He vacuums in straight lines and freaks if you ruin them!

After I cooked dinner and cleaned up, he'd sneak upstairs to "tidy up after me".

Basically, this man cleans house 3 times a week for 2 hours at a shot.

He has lots more, but I don't wanna bore ya'll!!

Um, wow, no wonder he's an ex.

Most women think it's great that he did all the housework...except for the cooking. I did the yard stuff and home improvement--he SUCKED at that. He and his Dad tried for 2 hours to install the new dishwasher...I took care of it during their third run to the hardware store...heh heh.

Seriously, he's a good egg; was just one of those things where we were friends since junior high and should never have been married friends...lol.

Hmmm, if a guy can't install a dishwasher, you have no use for him, I'm tellin' ya.

I've installed 2, built 3 decks, a shed, a pole barn, and replaced many a sink and faucet, among other things

This summer's project is turning my woodburning fireplace into a gas fireplace. I get to learn about gas line piping. Yay me.

Hmmm...new thread? My favorite home improvement projects?

Okay, I love this thread and I love all of you for making me feel like so much less of a freak.

1) My living room has about 3492 throw pillows, each of which MUST be in an exact place. The boyfriend has forever been banned from trying to clean, because he won't learn the correct order.

2) If I'm on a road trip that lasts longer than about an hour, I make "teams". I pick one car to be my partner, and we must stick together and beat everyone else on the road. I'm sure there have been people wondering why this crazy chick has been following them so closely. If only they knew we were teammates. I actually feel a sense of loss if they end up having to exit before I do.

3) I too am a counter. I come up with a yes or no question in my head, and then count, usually as I walk from my car to my building at work. What I count can change, and has been anything from the number of birds I see to the number of worms on the ground if it's been raining. If the number is odd, the answer is yes. Even is no.

4) I have a window in my shower. The various shampoos and conditioners have to be lined up in alphabetical order on the bottom sill, and the body washes, facial scrubs, etc. are lined up - also alphabetically - on the top.

5) I CANNOT have typos in emails, even in really casual letters to my mom or friends. Every time I send one, I go back and check my "sent messages" folder. If I see a typo that I missed the first time around, I'll write back to the person and correct it.

There are about a hundred thousand more, but I think I should be looking for a shrink right about now instead of posting them.

kaj

Counter here

When I was a kid, I used to count the steps to the stairs in our house, I would count going up, going down. Count the rails...count the tiles. Count commercials.

I always count stairs. It's amazing to me why one level will have odd/turn/even, and then the next level will be even/turn/odd. It bugs me.

FORT Fogey
    Grammar were we married to the same person? I mean it really!

The vacum marks, geeze, I got refridgerator violations for having put the butter on the drink shelf,he numbered his socks, could ony eat w/one specific fork. The spaghetti sauce has to go on the plate before the noodles and then you can't mix it up!
    He would eat in a very specific way, always use fork on everything even traditional finger food! Lots of weird stuff!

+ Reply to Thread