+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Obsessive/Compulsive? Come share!

Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Itchy palms is a sign that money is coming your way (not just that you're allergic to the new dish soap your spouse bought). Similarly, itchy feet means that you will travel soon.
    I would be the richest world traveler ever! Instead I just aquired two new prescriptions to treat the condition that causes my itcy hands and feet. Who knew that thyroid problems could be such a pain/itch!?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

This is my most recently aquired compulsion. Aytime my post is the first on a new page of already existing thread, I have to go back to the previous page and make sure that I did not miss anything from that page. Does this make sense to anyone?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I'm still in denial about the weird quirks I have.

But some apparent ones:

1) I have to read something when I'm in the toilet. Eventhough it's only for a short while. From advertisements, to full newspaper reports or novels, I just need to read in the loo.

2) This may sound really gross but I do not believe in wasting food. I pick up my food that I dropped accidentally when I'm eating. Okay, only those I find clean enough. I got enough nagging from my friend and family about this compulsion.

3) After every drink and the ice is left, I have a compulsion to crush the ice and resort to using my hands to get the ice in the glass if I have too. I cannot leave the ice alone.

4) After every meal, if I finish up my food first which I always do since I do not eat much, I will always chew on the straw. I just had to munch on something and I did not feel like eating more. So while waiting for my friends or family to finish their meal, chewing straws is my thing.

5) Compulsive, me. I have to finish reading a novel immediately when I start reading one. It's like the time stopped for me when I'm reading a novel. Against all odds, I will complete the novel as soon as possible. (Got into a lot of trouble with the book-compulsiveness with my teachers in school. During a maths lesson, I would place my textbook upright and then have my romance novel hidden from my teacher's view because of the cover by the textbook. I finally got caught when she asked me a question and I totally ignored her. )
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Compulsions..... hmmmm lol. What should I admit to...

1.I can't start anything new unless it's Monday. (Anything new meaning...new goals, new ways of living, new life altering decisions.....) It's just unnatural.

2.Pairing up people & cars .... I dont know why, but... if I'm at the carwash or ,... at a restaurant or ... similar places, where you can see the parkinglot, I constantly pair people up with cars... "This guy belongs to the ford, this buy belongs to the GMT, that one drives the corvette" ..... I can't help it, it's an obsession (Oh yeah thats what this thread is about)!! My mind won't stop thinkign about this particular issue when Ican see the parkinglot.... (is a fun game though..lol)

3.When eating twinkies, dingdongs, moonpies, whatever it is that has a yummy creamfilling, I eat the outsides first no matter how messy it gets. (and holding the insides of a dingdong in your hands is messy! lol) Same with napoleon cakes & other cakes that has layers with yummy fillings, I ALWAYS eat the outsides first and scoop the middles aside & wait till the end.

Same if I have a bag of candy or something, I always save the absolute best pieces to the end, and eat the "mediocre" ones fast so I can get to the good ones... lol (makes sense? nah... heh

Hmmm dunno what else Im gonna admit to......
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey

Who is Jack Handey and why is he talking about me?

It is just amazing how much we all have in common.

I carry Antiseptic Wipes with me in the car for all occasions.

I also have a glass bottle of water next to my bed. Don't want an open glass collecting 'cosmic dust' overnight. Thank you Ken Follett for planting that seed in my addictive mind (Hammer of Eden).

If I sit in a waiting office -- doctor, dentist, etc. -- I change my clothes when I get home and put them in the laundry basket for the next wash.

The good news is that all of us with OCD are very organized and fastidious. The bad news is that we tend to overdo these things.

Okay, you all are freaks!

Welcome to the club!

Every Sunday, I like to go through my post and rip junk mail (after having read them throughly!) up to throw into the rubbish bin. As for the bills, I get the statements out, rip the envelopes and junk papers. I put the bills into the correct folders, and write a post-it note on my computer to remind myself when a bill is due (so that I can do it with my online banking.) Letters go into this special letters box.

Before the start of a new season, I like to throughly clean my place. I go through my stuff, making sure I still need them, and if I don't, I get rid of them. I wash my duvet and hang it outside. I dust and dust as through as possible. Then I feel ready to start a new season.

Originally posted by holly71
    Do you do the "karate kick" to flush it? That's what I do.
    Oh Yeah. I forgot that one. I always use my shoe to flush public toilets. I also get my paper towel before I wash my hands so that I can use it to turn off the faucets when I'm done. I have been known to drop my paper towel in the floor if the trashcan is full in the restroom because I would never, never touch a public trash can. (You know the kind where there's that flapper thing that swings back and forth so you can't see the trash?)

Like Raindance, I will sit and go over and over a confrontation I had with someone until I find exactly what I wanted to say. Then I'm like, Damn! Why didn't I say that?

I really like this thread! It's making me laugh because I do a lot of the same things, like:

~flush the public toilet with my foot
    ~line up the cap on a pen with the words on the pen
    ~ I HAVE to read while I am eating also. I can remember my mom getting mad at me because I would be reading the cereal box in the morning before school and eat too slow.

And a couple that I haven't seen on here yet:

~I have to read cartoons twice. Even if I get it the first time I will read it again, and then laugh (if it's funny).
    ~I have to have closets and drawers closed in my room at night before I can go to sleep. I also like to have the bedroom door shut, but my husband likes it open and he wins on this one. (Well, also, my little doggie needs to be able to come in and out at night!)
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

I have been known to drop my paper towel in the floor if the trashcan is full in the restroom because I would never, never touch a public trash can. (You know the kind where there's that flapper thing that swings back and forth so you can't see the trash?)
    I know! I do that too!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread