Wow, that would be tough I would think??
Wow, that would be tough I would think??
What, crazy ass Patrick not skating on the red/blue lines? It wouldn't be that hard. Especially not when he skates right over them!! Bah.
I have OCD ~ I take medication for it.
When I'm not on the meds, life is miserable for me & everyone around me! I have an "addictive" personality; meaning I easily become obsessed with things, whether it be cleaning, arranging things in a specific pattern, or having a panic attack if I have to veer from my "plan" or "routine". Meds make it to where I can be normal, yet I still have my little "quirks", but I don't become consumed by them.
The only OCD things I do is, read books or magizines cover to cover even if I'm not interested. And I compulsively check my email.
Hey, we all have obsessions don't we.
I always have the sudden impulse to on my radio everytime when i'm in my room. Once I lent my radio to my sister, and I keep going over to where the radio was and try to on it!!
I think that's the only thing i'm obssesed with
What WEIRD habits do you have? I was sitting here the other night, reading my people magazine from back to front like I normally do, & thought this might be a fun thread to read.
I believe everyone have their share of weird habits or even superstitions ....
Hmm I guess let me start off with a couple of mine:
1. I read newspapers & magazines from back cover to front cover
(not sure why ... just do ...)
2. When I eat moonpies, I eat off the top & then the bottom, dont care how sticky it gets, I always save the marshmallow part for last :-D
3. I can't start anything new on any other day than a Monday. It's not right to start a diet or quit eating sugar on a tuesday or a thursday!
Oh yeah, there's much more.... but incase this thread is a flop, I'll at least go out with a little bit of dignity & not admit to every weird thing I do ;) lol
:laugh Oh yeah, there's much more.... but incase this thread is a flop, I'll at least go out with a little bit of dignity & not admit to every weird thing I do"
I will not ever walk under a ladder. If I break a mirror I think oh lord I'm screwed.
I'm always trying to figure out who has real boobs or fake ones.
I try and save bugs. For example if I see a bug that looks lost I try and find it's home (yeah wacked I know)
And if I see an ant stuggling with a crumb that's too large I'll break it up and give it back to him.......
I know I have more but, not only will I spare you all - I can't think of any right now too tired.
Ha ha! Good thread, Wyn! In fact, I was going to start one just like it.
I am, it may or may not surprise you, a seething cauldron of obsessive-compulsive behaviors. I'm not As Good As It Gets bad. They don't rule my life, for example, but they exist.
1. I don't step on sidewalk cracks. Not because it may "break my mother's back." I simply don't.
2. Before an important test or any other important occasion, I am averse to being told "Good luck!" I think you catch the devil's attention that way.
3. I try to remove as many of those godforsaken subscription inserts in magazines as I can before reading a magazine. This, perhaps, is more practical than superstitious.
4. When I cap a pen, I like the cap clip (that part that keeps it in your pocket) to point at the inscription on the pen (the "Paper-Mate" part, for example).
5. I like can labels in my pantries to face out, towels to be even and shoes stacked neatly. Yes, this is not unlike Sleeping with the Enemy. However, some of us just want to be anal without wanting to beat women. Let me be! :)
6. I like things done in "even" increments. For example, I would never set the microwave to cook for an uneven increment. (No "3:35," for example. "3:34" or "3:36" would be preferable.) If I scratch the back of my hand, I count out four strokes, not three or five--that sort of thing.
7. If I find a telephone cord that's been all wound up and twisted, I have to unwind it.
8. I can't stand cracks in curtains that have been drawn.
9. When done with a video, I have to rewind to the beginning. When I'm done with a DVD or CD, I replace it in its case as quickly as possible, as straight as possible in its home.
10. I can't stand bent corners on things. If I pick out a book or magazine in the store, I will often go through three or four copies to make sure I have the most pristine one. And, looking back on Item 6, I make sure it's the second or fourth copy I come across. ;)
There are other things. You get the idea. Now before you think I'm crazy, I'll have you know that if you spent time with me in real life, and didn't know about this post, you wouldn't even realize what I was doing. I hide my OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorders) from plain sight. :)
Wyndemere, I think this is an fun topic for a thread! I would love to hear about people's different idiosyncracies or superstitions.
I'll share the first few of mine that I can think of (my kooky family has many which can be attrib. to anything from culture to OCD):
1) When eating, I always save a "best for last" bite somewhere on the plate (which can also be a hazard if people in the know like, say, a cruel older brother, likes to torment you by threatening to eat it).
2) I really, really don't like to step on cracks on the sidewalk. Not sure whether I actually fear "breaking my mother's back" but I will do my best to avoid it.
3) In my family, if you give someone a wallet or a purse as a gift, you must put some money in it (even if it's just a doller or some coins) in order to attract more money or ward off bad luck financially.
4) Opening mail with a knife will bring bad news.
5) Itchy palms is a sign that money is coming your way (not just that you're allergic to the new dish soap your spouse bought). Similarly, itchy feet means that you will travel soon.
Phat, my mom has OCD--don't get me started on the things SHE does.