+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Etiquette Questions

MRD

Re: Etiquette Questions

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2819221;
    heh heh we did! -- That and OUI OUI... about all I know...
    And Moi and I can thank Miss Piggy for that one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I consider myself pretty adept at understanding the newest abbreviations, but RSVT is a little ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2819178;
    I'm sorry but this has me
    RSVT: reply soon via text. Oh my.
    You and me both, MRD. RSVT?? I wouldn't know what that meant either. You learn something new every day on FORT.

livin4reality-- should the need arise for you to buy someone an etiquette book, I can recommend Emily Post's dictionary-sized book. My mom gave it to me for Christmas one year after I'd asked her several times about the appropriate course of action in a certain situation. It's very thorough!

I'd be on board with the FORT etiquette lesson of the day, or something to that effect!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2819455;
    You and me both, MRD. RSVT?? I wouldn't know what that meant either. You learn something new every day on FORT.

livin4reality-- should the need arise for you to buy someone an etiquette book, I can recommend Emily Post's dictionary-sized book. My mom gave it to me for Christmas one year after I'd asked her several times about the appropriate course of action in a certain situation. It's very thorough!

I'd be on board with the FORT etiquette lesson of the day, or something to that effect!
    I think some of the problem today isn't that people don't know the proper way, but dont' WANT to know the proper way. They really don't care. Which is sad.

And I'd never be able to respond via text, because we don't have text messaging! (I know - we're in the dark ages.) My son keeps complaining all the time about it, but I really feel that we can communicate via land line, via cell phone, via e-mail, via IM - do we really need text messaging too???

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2819738;
    And I'd never be able to respond via text, because we don't have text messaging! (I know - we're in the dark ages.) My son keeps complaining all the time about it, but I really feel that we can communicate via land line, via cell phone, via e-mail, via IM - do we really need text messaging too???
    I didn't think of that, but I couldn't respond either, so I guess I couldn't go to the wedding. We don't have text messaging either. I'm with you in the dark ages there-I don't even have a cell phone!

We could just go and have our own party, MRD.

The thing that bothers me most (I think this still fits in this thread) is when you're in a meeting or training event or whatever, and people's cell phones constantly go off. It drives me nuts. I've gotten to the point that when I'm doing training, the first thing I say is "If you have a cell phone or pager, please turn them off or set them to silent." And even with that, sometimes I'll still here the stupid things. I can't believe people think they're SO important that they have to be in touch with the world 24/7. It's just simple courtesy to turn them off/set to silent when you're in a room full of people who are there for one common purpose.

I hate that too. Our church has a sign that says "If God is calling, go ahead and answer otherwise shut off your phone".
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I love that one, dagwood. That's priceless.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

That RSVT is moronic. I wouldn't know that meant to respond by text, and I know how to text! I know what RSVP means 'cause my parents taught me manners and I also learned French when I was younger. But if that invitation was sent to my mother, she would have no idea how to send a text message on her cell phone 'cause she only has a cell phone for EMERGENCIES--like being stranded on a highway with a car that won't work. Who knows--maybe this is the way of the future and this will be the norm for the next generation of brides and grooms. There's a mean part of me that would want to hide the gift and if the couple found it, they could keep it. Otherwise, it's mine.

+ Reply to Thread