+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Etiquette Questions

Re: Etiquette Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3173463;
    Everyone hates me and my tucked-in shirt. I'm going to eat worms.

I prefer the neater look of the tucked shirt, but seeing untucked tails doesn't bother me in informal settings.
    I never understood why you tucked a shirt into your SPEEDOS!!

Newf, if it makes you feel any better, I prefer seeing a guy look comfortable with what he's wearing. Tucked in or out, it doesn't matter. They make shirts that look good in both styles, and some that can be worn in or out, no problem.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3173478;
    I never understood why you tucked a shirt into your SPEEDOS!!
    That IS his signature look you know!!!!

I do think the key is whatever makes you comfortable as long as you aren't showing something the rest of the world doesn't want to see. (I don't mean anyone here, I mean the people that purposely how us carpenter's crack or whatever.)

Personally, I would rather see an untucked or tucked shirt than a too short shirt and someone's belly. Especially a belly that was not intended to wear those shorter shirts that expose it.

I'm actually thinking that maybe those burkas would be a great fashion item for me. Cover it ALL up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3173830;
    That IS his signature look you know!!!!

I do think the key is whatever makes you comfortable as long as you aren't showing something the rest of the world doesn't want to see. (I don't mean anyone here, I mean the people that purposely how us carpenter's crack or whatever.)

Personally, I would rather see an untucked or tucked shirt than a too short shirt and someone's belly. Especially a belly that was not intended to wear those shorter shirts that expose it.

I'm actually thinking that maybe those burkas would be a great fashion item for me. Cover it ALL up.
    I want to go the Paul Lynde route and start wearing caftans when I retire.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3173846;
    I want to go the Paul Lynde route and start wearing caftans when I retire.
    I used to have a caftan a few years ago. It was great. Almost like being naked, but completely covered up! It was the most perfect couch potato, ice cream eating, tv watching outfit I ever owned.

I actually own one I got in Kenya and it is the most comfortable thing ever.
    Count your blessings!

Doesn't tucking in shirts into the speedos accentuate the positive?

I love the caftans. I sew a lot and have made them in many different materials for the different types of weather!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3173463;
    Everyone hates me and my tucked-in shirt.
    I like tucked in shirts, Newf, and I wear tucked shirts quite a bit--when I can find shirts long enough. I'm longwaisted but I'm thin, so it's not always easy to find shirts that are long enough but not too big everywhere else. I think there's a time and a place for both...casual wear, untucked is great. With a suit and tie--tucked definitely. Underneath a blazer, tucked is nice. I think as long as the clothes suit the person, that's the important thing. I don't need to see skintight clothes on a 65 year old woman just 'cause she can still fit into them. I was at the auto shop and the receptionist dressed like a 20-year-old tart (teased hair, mini skirt, too shirt t-shirt) but must've been pushing 60 fast. It was just nasty! Also, I don't like HUGE baggy pants falling down a scrawny 16 year old's butt!

Regarding MRD's comment about someone wearing jeans to a wedding, I saw someone in SWEAT PANTS at a wedding that was held at a very nice country club. I was really surprised...what? You couldn't go to Target for a skirt?
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-23-2008 at 02:03 PM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3174287;
    I like tucked in shirts, Newf, and I wear tucked shirts quite a bit--when I can find shirts long enough. I'm longwaisted but I'm thin, so it's not always easy to find shirts that are long enough but not too big everywhere else. I think there's a time and a place for both...casual wear, untucked is great. With a suit and tie--tucked definitely. Underneath a blazer, tucked is nice. I think as long as the clothes suit the person, that's the important thing. I don't need to see skintight clothes on a 65 year old woman just 'cause she can still fit into them. I was at the auto shop and the receptionist dressed like a 20-year-old tart (teased hair, mini skirt, too shirt t-shirt) but must've been pushing 60 fast. It was just nasty! Also, I don't like HUGE baggy pants falling down a scrawny 16 year old's butt!

Regarding MRD's comment about someone wearing jeans to a wedding, I saw someone in SWEAT PANTS at a wedding that was held at a very nice country club. I was really surprised...what? You couldn't go to Target for a skirt?
    Even Walmart sells dress clothes now! I've seen some really tacky things at both weddings and funerals. Whatever happened to the one good "Sunday best" set of clothes that everyone had just for these occasions and for church on Sun.?
    Does it kill someone to put on shoes or a nice set of khaki's for 4 hours at a wedding? If it does, then stay home. My 2 cents anyway.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3174913;
    Even Walmart sells dress clothes now! I've seen some really tacky things at both weddings and funerals. Whatever happened to the one good "Sunday best" set of clothes that everyone had just for these occasions and for church on Sun.?
    Does it kill someone to put on shoes or a nice set of khaki's for 4 hours at a wedding? If it does, then stay home. My 2 cents anyway.
    ITA! Even when we didn't have a lot of money growing up, all of us kids had a set of "Sunday Best" clothes that my mom got us every year for school recitals, weddings, church, funerals, invitations to their friends' homes for dinners etc. Even when we went to the airport to pick up my grandparents or other relatives, we were dressed nicely for the occasion ('cause we always went out to a restaurant afterwards). I love wearing sandals and jeans and t-shirts...but gees, that's just for hanging around the house--not for work or for a WEDDING!

+ Reply to Thread