+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Etiquette Questions

Premium Member

Re: Etiquette Questions

OK...I don't mean to display my ignorance but here goes...why were they needing help cleaning up after a wedding?
    It was held in a reception hall. What I meant by "cleaning up" was packing up all of their things. Centerpieces, floral arrangements, leftover cupcakes (they had cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake), hauling the gifts out, votive cups and candles, the craft items from the children's table, basically everything that they had brought in themselves - it was a lot of stuff. Of course the reception hall took care of tearing down tables, cleaning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2918049;
    ATM??? I'm sorry, but if I had been a guest at THAT wedding, not only would they NOT have gotten cash, but I would have been tempted to get up and leave and take any gift I might have bought home with me.
    Tempted? I would have left, along with the gift. My time is of too much value (to me, anyway) to waste it being friends with anyone who would stoop to such a level.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2923613;
    Of course the reception hall took care of tearing down tables, cleaning, etc.
    Ahhhh...I'm still glad you didn't have to lift anything heavy! Did you use your Starbucks card yet? (p.s. I love cupcakes!)

Cupcakes? Yum.

Which remind me, my cupcake tins are missing. I think DD did something with them, but she denies it. Why would pans be missing from my kitchen?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2924932;
    Cupcakes? Yum.

Which remind me, my cupcake tins are missing. I think DD did something with them, but she denies it. Why would pans be missing from my kitchen?
    If you have a drawer at the bottom of the oven and if you keep them there, pull the drawer out and look behind it. I've found lost tins before when I saw that they fell out and got stuck behind the drawer. If they aren't there, do you think you loaned them out or left them at a function?

I keep them under the kitchen sink. But that would've been a good place to look ACF. Didn't loan them out either. Now I could see DD doing that...or taking them over to her Dad's.

Are you really sure you haven't used them recently? - Think back to the last time you used them or saw them.

It's been a long time-couple of months at least.

Anyone watching the etiquette challenged Real Housewives of New York? If not, I highly recommend it.

Here's my question. My step daughter is graduating and mr buglover will be driving to Oregon to attend the ceremony. I cannot go due to work obligations as well as my son needing permission from his father to leave the state. Those could be easily taken care of but I also don't want to take him out of school the last week of his sophmore year. Do I apologize for not being able to make it or just get her a nice graduation gift with card and no apology? I'm not terribly close to her and do not in any way want to upstage her own mother with an expensive gift.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2931531;
    Here's my question. My step daughter is graduating and mr buglover will be driving to Oregon to attend the ceremony. I cannot go due to work obligations as well as my son needing permission from his father to leave the state. Those could be easily taken care of but I also don't want to take him out of school the last week of his sophmore year. Do I apologize for not being able to make it or just get her a nice graduation gift with card and no apology? I'm not terribly close to her and do not in any way want to upstage her own mother with an expensive gift.
    I would get her a nice gift and write in the card how much you wish you could be there, but due to work and school obligations that unfortunately you couldn't, but that you are proud of her accomplishments and wish her all the best as she starts out in the world.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread