+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Etiquette Questions

Re: Etiquette Questions

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2459815;
    Lois, she's going to go to the local community college first. All 3 of us are not quite prepared for her to go off to college just yet-and she's only 16 still. And there are about a dozen colleges and universities within an hours radius of here, so she will have a big choice about where she wants to finish up when that time comes. But we've already talked to the community college and will have no problem getting her in there and its certainly a lot more inexpensive than some of the other schools (Furman being one at $25,000 a YEAR).
    )
    Money saving tip...send her to the best of the less expensive colleges until the last year (or the minimum the school will let you do it for) and then transfer tothe big name one...the degree will still say "Snooty School U"
    I do know my dentist and a few of his buddies have done it with their kids; hasn't hurt the younguns a bit!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

mrd, by all means send announcements. She only graduates from high school once. Just make sure you order enough!!!!!

I had this website bookmarked from when I was looking for various and sundry graduation items. It has announcements for homeschoolers. Click on "Announcement/Invitations", then on "About..."

Homeschool Diploma.com - Your Graduation Store for Diplomas and Covers, Announcements, Apparel, and Accessories

There are probably a lot more sites out there like this.

Send out the announcements by all means.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Send out the announcements and run it up the flag pole, too! Your daughter deserves everything a "conventional" student receives.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm glad I found this thread, because I will be Mid-Year graduating in January of 2010. I really would love to send out something to my friends and family, but my parents thought it would be better to do it with everyone else, despite the fact that I would have graduated 5 months earlier...?
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

FORT Fanatic

We have received all kinds of announcements. One of the nicest ones we got was from a home schooled girl and they designed it themselves.

You have done the work and it is your day do what you want! People will be happy for you whatever you decide and be glad you sent them notice.

MRD I like your idea of a photo card. This is an accomplishement meant to be shared (shouted from the rooftops) I say go for it, and if some hoity-toity gets their nose out of joint too bad.
    I see this in the same vein as sending out birth announcements. Share the joy with no expectations.

MRD

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses and I think I may send a photo card. Shutterfly.com has them with graduation themes and they are fairly inexpensive and you can add a message.
    Although my daughter is very artistic, so maybe one she designs would be good too. So many choices! But at least I don't have to question whether we should send them. Now its just going to be what to send. But we still have several months to figure that out.
    We have an appt. with the local community college this week. She has to take an admissions test to be eligible to take the college courses this fall. The good news is that they have a very good highschool/college program that is designed to be less expensive than the regular college program, but will give the full college credit for the course. She can take up to 4 courses a year while still a HS student and the fee is only $100 per course. Now you can't beat that!

RealityDiva, I say with all the responses I got, then you should go for it too. As everyone has said, this is an accomplishment that deserves to be shared. Congrats on your own achievements.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva;2460306;
    I'm glad I found this thread, because I will be Mid-Year graduating in January of 2010. I really would love to send out something to my friends and family, but my parents thought it would be better to do it with everyone else, despite the fact that I would have graduated 5 months earlier...?
    Send out the announcements when you graduate, not later. It's a great achievement.

FORT Fanatic

Kids are so busy getting in trouble today that little victories go by with no applause so by all means the big ones and graduating is a big one should get thunderous applause! It should be celebrated and shouted!!

+ Reply to Thread