+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infomercials That Got to You

Infomercials That Got to You

As I was watching the Amazing Race on GSN, a lot of informercials came up. They were pretty bad. But then I thought about other informercials that actually made me want to pick up the phone and buy the product. There was this one product called the One Sweep. It was a broom that could clean any type of floor. Anthony Sullivan, the guy in the informercial, sold the One Sweep so well. As I was about to dial the number, I had second thoughts. Thankfully, I didn't spend $10 on two One Sweep brooms. It sounds like a good deal, but who really needs brooms?

Here's a link to the One Sweep site: One Sweep Official Site

Re: Infomercials That Got to You

I am a sucker for them sometimes. I own a YogaBootyBallet DVD that I've watched and then was too scared to try. I bet I'd be really fit if I did it, though! I swear by my Q-Ray. I'm on my 3rd one, my son's on his second, my ex has one, my mom, and several people at work - all because of my experience with mine. We got a big cooking pot that cooks meat from frozen, cooks whole meals in layers, came with recipe cards. We used it a lot at first and not so much (at all) now.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I have that Yoga Booty Ballet DVD. I did see it on an infomercial, but bought it in a store. You should try it, I rather like it.

The only thing I've actually bought by calling the number on the screen was that Revo hairstyler. It was all over the place, infomercial-wise, a few years back -- this big round battery-operated hairbrush that spins when you press a button and claimed to be an easy way to straighten and volumize your hair. And it made sense, since hairdressers are always spending ages pulling round brushes through my hair to make it sleek and shiny.
    It cost an arm and a leg, but it actually does work. And I still use it daily. I'm not sure I'd know how to fix my hair in the morning anymore without the thing.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease... I saw the infomercial and thought it would be a fun, and entertaining [] workout. It keeps me pretty toned, but I love TaeBo even more.

I also have a bunch of TaeBo tapes and equipment. I always fall for those fitness infomercials...
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

FYI we bought ours at either CVS or Walgreen's and we love it, it picks up pet hair amazingly well. Doesn't get in the corners very well though.

rie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2394583;
    As I was watching the Amazing Race on GSN, a lot of informercials came up. They were pretty bad. But then I thought about other informercials that actually made me want to pick up the phone and buy the product. There was this one product called the One Sweep. It was a broom that could clean any type of floor. Anthony Sullivan, the guy in the informercial, sold the One Sweep so well. As I was about to dial the number, I had second thoughts. Thankfully, I didn't spend $10 on two One Sweep brooms. It sounds like a good deal, but who really needs brooms?

Here's a link to the One Sweep site: One Sweep Official Site

Quote Originally Posted by mhpercival;2395044;
    FYI we bought ours at either CVS or Walgreen's and we love it, it picks up pet hair amazingly well. Doesn't get in the corners very well though.

rie
    Hmmm... maybe I should think about it then.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2394590;
    I am a sucker for them sometimes. I own a YogaBootyBallet DVD that I've watched and then was too scared to try. I bet I'd be really fit if I did it, though! I swear by my Q-Ray. I'm on my 3rd one, my son's on his second, my ex has one, my mom, and several people at work - all because of my experience with mine. We got a big cooking pot that cooks meat from frozen, cooks whole meals in layers, came with recipe cards. We used it a lot at first and not so much (at all) now.
    What is a Q Ray? I never buy anything infomercial because I figure that if the product is good, it will be in stores shortly. One thing I did see (but not on an infomercial, but advertised to buy on TV) was a shed ender for dogs. I got one at Walgreens on sale for $6.00 and it works wonderfully and it's very relaxing for my dog. I only bought it really because Petsmart charged me $25.00 extra to do it when she got bathed/groomed.

I saw the Magic Bullet at Costco and i said to my mom, "Oh! I want THAT!" My mom said to me,"is that what you want for your birthday?"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I got my daughters Magic Bullets for Christmas. Originally seen on tv but got theirs at WalMart. Love. Them. A Q-Ray is a ionizing (not magnetic) bracelet that works with the chi energy lines of the body to reduce pain. I could go all infomercial on you here myself, but they really work. I wore one on each wrist during chemo and radiation. A little expensive, but worth every penny. There's a website if you're interested. Just search "Q-Ray".
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread