+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the male/female ratio at FORT?

FORT Newbie

Whats the male/female ratio at FORT?

just curious

Re: Whats the male/female ratio at FORT?

Not so sure you'll ever get a precise measurement, but you can actually tell by some people's avatars. Mine, for instance, shows that I'm female. However, anyone can opt out of displaying that fact.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Anyone can opt to lie with those avatars as well. John might have some of those stats from some of the anonymous surveys that we've done over the years, but I'm guessing it would be difficult to get an accurate count.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

At one time, there were stats indicating that 75% of the members are women.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Yeah, that's still pretty much the breakdown. The most recent survey said 78% female, 22% male.

i'd say around 75% female to 25% male. but then again, i'm new and wouldn't have much to back this up with.

i think i made the mistake in assuming that most of the men who posted on here were gay, as i came over to the FoRT to discuss The Bachelor and hadn't ventured into the other realms.

But having done so (the venturing into other topics) i saw quite a few straight men out there.

PS, and god is this hard to convey over the written word (on boards), I have ZERO ISSUES with the gays or any gay topic for that matter - male or female. i adore them (well, most, as I can't truly say I adore all straight people either!). I worked at the Gay and Lesbian Center for years and my number one passion when it comes to non-profit work is to further gay rights. And has been for years and years and years.

So please don't take anything I say about the gays on here or assuming that they're here in any sort of derogatory way.
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

MRD

Just from my own posting/reading experiences, it seems that there are way more females than males. And why is that? Do men not talk about stuff as much as women? I know they watch reality tv.

My husband wouldn't think of coming here to post, but he is always asking me what I've heard on FORT about certain shows, especiallly LOST.

We also have a great discussion almost every evening concerning the topics and opinions in current events. So he keeps up, but just through me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I guess I never thought about it. There are so many different voices with different backgrounds-...variety,...the spice of life.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2362376;
    My husband wouldn't think of coming here to post, but he is always asking me what I've heard on FORT about certain shows, especiallly LOST.

We also have a great discussion almost every evening concerning the topics and opinions in current events. So he keeps up, but just through me.

Similar situation with me - the boyfriend teases me a bit about my reality TV obsession, but even more about my FoRT obsession! He thinks it's hilarious, but he sure does like it when I get spoiler info and when the majority opinion matches his on certain shows/about certain contestants. It's almost like validation for him to like a particular contestant or dislike another...

Male or female, doesn't matter to me... I love the mix and think this site has the most intelligent, well-written, and astute posts! Everyone is kind and funny, and I really like being a part of it all. Good job running a fantastic site!

I Is Stephanie

Aww no remote_goddess, you haven't even seen the beginning of it yet. Wait until you've been here almost a year--THEN the teasing will start.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast