+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the male/female ratio at FORT?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: Whats the male/female ratio at FORT?

Well, I'm no newbie to the Television Message Board Community, just new to this particular board, so yeah, I pretty much know what there is out there and how wonderful everyone around here is.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2362376;
    Just from my own posting/reading experiences, it seems that there are way more females than males. And why is that? Do men not talk about stuff as much as women? I know they watch reality tv.
    My husband totally doesn't get why I hang out here, but whereas he didn't like it at first, he's now resigned to it. He can't understand why someone would take the time to type out posts and even worse, read someone else's. I think part of it is the fact he's a lousy typist (can't touch-type) and that he's very reserved with strangers so can't fathom the idea of talking to people he doesn't "know". But he sure likes hearing the Survivor spoilers.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2363354;
    Well, I'm no newbie to the Television Message Board Community, just new to this particular board, so yeah, I pretty much know what there is out there and how wonderful everyone around here is.
    You know I would call you out if you said you were a newbie to the TV message board community

I am not shocked to see overwhelming majority of the posters being women as I think that we like to talk about everything.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2365118;
    I am not shocked to see overwhelming majority of the posters being women as I think that we like to talk about everything.
    That is so true. However, men gossip just as much. I have gotten more gossip from men than women. Where I grew up, there was a drugstore downtown with a restaurant. There was a "reserved" table for all the business men who sat and drank coffee. Didn't matter what time of day, there was always a group of men sitting there gossiping. And doing business. I personally know that many deals were done at that table over a cup of coffee.

And my mother and I always knew that if my dad wasn't in his office, we could walk down the street and find him at the drugstore with his buddies.
    Those men knew more about what was going on in town than the women sometimes.

But I think Ajane has it right, a lot of guys don't want to type. My husband is a hunt and peck typer and I end up doing most of his typing for him.

Anyway, male or female, I think there is a great group on this forum. And the forum is well run. Thanks all.
    I love coming in to "chat" with my friends and to see what outrageous thing Newf or Gabriel or Unk or Uncle David has posted. They always make me laugh as do so many of our posters.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I got a really hateful PM a while back when something I posted was deemed sexist, so I'm desperately filtering all the smart-mouthed comments that have been inspired by the most recent posts, and I'll limit myself to commenting about typing. My Mom INSISTED that I take typing in high school, and I am forever grateful that she did. I wasn't especially fast, but I had a couple of things working in my favor. There were only two guys in the class, one of whom was a screw-up, and I suspect that we were graded against each other. Second, I was an excellent proof reader. Third, I was also a pretty good athlete back then (stop laughing!) and I'm convinced that helped me by at least one letter grade.

Oh heck, I can't resist just one . . .
    I've noticed that, and I've also noticed that the guys just post about important stuff.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2365945;
    Oh heck, I can't resist just one . . .
    I've noticed that, and I've also noticed that the guys just post about important stuff.
    Ahem, everything's important. Except sports.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2366008;
    Ah, now, sports are important too. I LOVE to talk sports, especially college football. I even watched the NFL draft (while hubby did yard work and I ran in and out informing him of who was drafted by whom and giving him MY running commentary. Keyshawn has NOTHING on my mouth! .) But I'm the ONLY woman I know that is interested in sports. All of my other female friends are NOT interested. So it gives me stuff to talk to the guys about I guess.

I love to talk about anything really. But football ranks up there for me!

And Newf, who would PM you about being sexist. We know you are one of the enlightened men on the planet. Besides, reading one of your posts is like reading the joke a day calenders. I always tend to laugh out loud.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2366008;
    Including sports

I have two older brothers and until I lived on my own there was constantly sports on the tv. I have been to more sporting events than any other. The one thing that bugged me to no end is my brothers got Lakers tickets when I was in the hospital so I couldn't go. They brought me back a plushie Laker Ball...like that would compensate

In fact the first thing my brother did when he came to visit me was to turn on sports at 2 am....never mind that I had to be up in three hours

I am honestly trying to think of something that I don't like to talk about...yep...just as I though...nothing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I Is Stephanie

Yep. Give me something, and I will talk. I can talk about me, you, him, her, this, that, or the other thing. Now, I never promise that it will make sense, but I do talk about everything.

My buddie-bois, however, look at me like I'm crazy when I talk. Almost every day, my friend Eric grabs me and says "Too much Steph. Too much." I don't get how you can ever talk too much, I mean, without talking, people would know nothing.

However, I don't follow sports at all. I am the anti-athlete, and I get horrible bored my sports as a whole. Heck, this past fall, when our school's soccer team made it to the regionals, that was the first time I saw more then 15 minutes of a sport. However, if someone gave me information on any sport, I'd be happy to talk about it!

And I used the word sport a lot in this post. Oh well.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

This is the first forum I've ever been on, where there are more women than men.

I used to post at various WWE related forums and of course, the majority were males. They didn't like to chit chat about life too much, and I'm glad that there is an even balance here. I love it!
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast