+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winning contests

Re: Winning contests

I've won a couple of call in contests, answering trivia questions. I won an expensive pair of sunglasses once, and another time I won a very nice fishing rod and tackle box that would retail for over $100. I never win anything based on pure luck, though, and quit calling for things that caller-number-whatever gets a long time ago.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have never tried to win any phone contests but I have had my share of good luck with other raffles, contests and prizes. Through my work with our small local paper, I am always covering those little community events where there are 50/50 raffles, silent auctions and drawings. I always buy a few tickets and a few years ago went to an event with a good friend of mine. She told me to fold the ticket like an accordian (spelling? Thank GOD I have an editor). Whatever the ticket size she said folding it in this way would create more area for the one picking the tickets to grab on to. I didn't know if she was right but I tried it out and sure enough later that evening I got the call that I had won. (That was a really nice prize from a Christmas craft fair and included a full Christmas dinner, a Christmas tree and a basket full of items from all of the vendors at the fair, including homemade chocolates, maple syrup, candy and cream, a delux cutting board from a local manuafacturer and much more.)
    Could be a fluke right? Well I have used the technique ever since and have continued to win almost every raffle I enter. Last Christmas I won a kids bike, and since I don't have kids gave it to my pastor to provide a really nice Christmas morning for a child in need. I have won dinner gift certificates, a bag full of sports equipment and every kind of ball under the sun (nephews are loving that), a doll house, numerous gift baskets, about $600 in 50/50 raffle winnings, free golf and more.
    I encourage you to try the folding technique, but as long as you don't go to any bake sales, craft fairs, basketball games or anything else in my territory!

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2362498;
    I have never tried to win any phone contests but I have had my share of good luck with other raffles, contests and prizes. Through my work with our small local paper, I am always covering those little community events where there are 50/50 raffles, silent auctions and drawings. I always buy a few tickets and a few years ago went to an event with a good friend of mine. She told me to fold the ticket like an accordian (spelling? Thank GOD I have an editor). Whatever the ticket size she said folding it in this way would create more area for the one picking the tickets to grab on to. I didn't know if she was right but I tried it out and sure enough later that evening I got the call that I had won. (That was a really nice prize from a Christmas craft fair and included a full Christmas dinner, a Christmas tree and a basket full of items from all of the vendors at the fair, including homemade chocolates, maple syrup, candy and cream, a delux cutting board from a local manuafacturer and much more.)
    Could be a fluke right? Well I have used the technique ever since and have continued to win almost every raffle I enter. Last Christmas I won a kids bike, and since I don't have kids gave it to my pastor to provide a really nice Christmas morning for a child in need. I have won dinner gift certificates, a bag full of sports equipment and every kind of ball under the sun (nephews are loving that), a doll house, numerous gift baskets, about $600 in 50/50 raffle winnings, free golf and more.
    I encourage you to try the folding technique, but as long as you don't go to any bake sales, craft fairs, basketball games or anything else in my territory!
    Someone told me that technique as well and I think it really works. Of course in my case it helps to have my lucky daughter enter for me. She is not an adult yet so can only enter kids' drawings, but I have her enter adult drawings in either mine or mr. veejer's name. I think folding it makes it stand up, rather than laying down flat like the rest.
    Last edited by veejer; 05-02-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I've won several call in contests and I have no special method, just call, call, call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12