+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those psychic moments

Those psychic moments

Okay, I'm not a full-fledged believer in the paranormal, but I have had a long history of suddenly singing songs that I have neither heard nor thought of in years, only to have them play later that day. And it's happened often enough for the indubitably skeptical Mr. Rattus to take note.

My most recent occurrence of pointless psychic activity (psychic activity with a point would be lottery numbers) went thusly: A friend at work told me last Friday that she would be away for a couple of weeks because she was going on a cruise from Miami to Bermuda to England, and she was bemoaning the fact that the weather wasn't a little warmer. I told her I'd check Accuweather for the weather conditions in the Azores for the next couple of weeks. She told me not to bother, that they wouldn't be going anywhere near the Azores. I told her that yes, they were, they would definitely be going by the Azores. Anyway, she caved, I checked the weather, we said so long, see you in two weeks. So I come to work on Monday to find an e-mail from her from on-board telling me that there were gale-force winds and 20 foot swells, so they wouldn't be going to Bermuda - they were going to the Azores instead.

So, out of curiousity, what pointless psychic activity have all the FORTers out there had?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Re: Those psychic moments

The weirdest thing that happened to me (and I am a serious skeptic):

My husband and I attended a company Christmas party one year, and I met someone he worked with and chatted for a while. Fast forward to the summer, and I had neither talked to, seen or otherwise had contact with this guy again. I woke from a very vivid dream in which the guy was seriously ill and in the hospital. It shook me up so much I actually talked to my husband about it by phone when he called later in the morning. He got very quiet and told me he had just found out this guy had a heart attack and was in the hospital. That really weirded me out.

Some minor coincidences pop up every now and then. It isn't unusual that I'll be thinking of a specific scene from The Simpsons and then see it within a day or two.

If I were one to try to "prove" that I was psychic, I'd tell the tale, completely true, that on September 10th, 2001, I said in my not too good very best FDR imitation, "Tomorrow, September the eleventh, 2001, a date which will live in infamy . . ." The rest of the story is that I was in bed when one of the dogs started fussing, and I was mock-threatening him with a whuppin', but it would have to wait until the next morning. Psychic careers have been launched with less.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Well nothing as ominous as Newf or canuck, some times I get those weird coincidences. For instance, just the other day I was driving to work, and suddenly I got the notion that a certain client would call me, which didn't make any sense because we've got nothing going on with them right now and I haven't had dealings with them for a good eight months. Sure enough, I get to work and there's a message from them asking for a referral to someone in our Jackson office.

MRD

I've had several and I have always been a skeptic. I call them my "psyho" moments.

Last year when I went on the cruise with my friend, we went to Tiajuna and I bought a marble and black onyx chess set for my husband. It caused considerable discussion among my friends, but I was adament that I HAD to buy it. I called home that night, told hubby I had been in Mexico (was not a planned side trip) and he says: "I have always wanted a black onyx chess set from Mexico, I wish I knew you were going so I could tell you." I almost dropped the phone as I have NEVER heard him utter this at all. In fact, he hasn't played chess in years as we didn't have a chess set since Bogie ate one of the pawns. Needless to say he was surprised. I didn't tell him on the phone, but waited until we got home to give it to him.

Another time we were invited to a friends for dinner. On the way there, I said: We're having spagetti, I just know it. We had spagetti.

But the worst one was the day my dad died, I had felt all day that something terrible was going to happen. I was driving and it would not leave me. I got scared thinking I was going to be in a car accident, but nothing happened. When I got to my sisters house, I got 10 min. with my dad when he had a massive heart attack and died. This one still sends shivers down my back.
    I've had other "bad" premonitions that turned out to be true. I hate that. I'd rather have insignificant ones or good ones, than the bad.

I've also known that the phone was going to ring and who was going to be on it. Those are kind of weird and this was not because of caller ID.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have useless psychic moments all the time. Why oh why can't I ever *see* the winning lottery numbers? I get the phone call and song on the radio premonitions a lot too. And my SIL's dad recently died and I knew that morning that he would die that day. Granted he had been in the hospital and they were expecting him to go anytime but for some reason that morning it just popped in my head that that day was the day.

Another recent example: I've never watched Chicago Hope (I'm an ER girl). But for some reason last night while sleeping, the name of the show pops in my head. This morning I'm flipping the channels and there it is on The Discovery Channel. I've not seen it listed on the program guide before.

An older example: when my dog died last year I was very distraught. I wanted to know she was in a better place and okay. I asked that when the time was right, a certain song play on the radio (it's an old song that doesn't get played often at all). About three weeks after she died it played and I felt very peaceful. I was in the car and the odds of being in the car at that moment listening to a station I didn't listen to often made me certain it was her letting me know she was okay.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 04-19-2007 at 09:16 AM.

I had a dream about winning a bundle of money from a particular type of scratch off lottery ticket. Not only do I hate playing the lottery (VERY rarely do I gamble in any sense of the word), but I particuarly hate this scratch off game, which is a crossword type of game that takes an hour to scratch off each letter ( I prefer the instant knowledge that I wasted my money on this thing...I am not a patient person). Anyway, I did not play this game-even though I not only had a dream about the game but about the color as well (the game is available in yellow, orange, and some other color-don't ask me the difference between the games. The next day I go to my local grocery store where there is a photocopy of this exact same game for a ticket in the amount of $10,000. The woman told me someone had won it the previous afternoon (the same day that I had the dream). I felt like a schmuck.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2339078;

An older example: when my dog died last year I was very distraught. I wanted to know she was in a better place and okay. I asked that when the time was right, a certain song play on the radio (it's an old song that doesn't get played often at all). About three weeks after she died it played and I felt very peaceful. I was in the car and the odds of being in the car at that moment listening to a station I didn't listen to often made me certain it was her letting me know she was okay.
    Archie, my dad was a huge believer in psychic and paranormal activity and I always pooh-poohed him over the years. He always tried to convince me that these things were real and I NEVER believed it.

He died 2 weeks after my grandmother died and 3 weeks after that, the dog we had had for 10 years died. I was so distraught and I know it was the combination of the 3 deaths that caused me to be so upset the day we lost the dog. My dad had been a huge fan of Harry Houdini and we had talked over the years how he (Houdini) had told his wife, he would float a white feather to let her know he was on the "other side".

Well that night, everyone else had gone to bed and I was still so upset, I couldn't sleep. It was about one in the morning and my normal jazz station was acting up, so I had switched the radio to a light rock station. I was reading when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small blue feather (blue was my dad's favorite color) floating around the room. I felt a sudden sense of peace and that "everything will be alright". At the same time, I noticed the song on the radio was "my father's eyes". I watched the feather float out of the room. I jumped out of bed and went in search of it and NEVER found it. We didn't have anything in the house that had blue feathers on it. Even when we moved out of that house, I never found a blue feather behind or under any of the furniture. I "knew" it was my dad.

Also the day before Hurricane Charley hit. I thought my daughter had come up beside me in the dining room. I felt her standing so close to me that she was touching me. I turned to look and no one was there. I also felt a sense of peace and I got this feeling and heard the words in my mother's voice: "you will be ok"

Of all of our friends and neighbors who had damage, we didn't even have a tree limb down in our yard after the storm. Our home served as a refuge for 2 weeks for friends that needed a place to stay, a shower, laundry done or a meal. I've always felt that it was my mom letting us know we would manage though the storm and the aftermath.

I'm not so much a skeptic anymore. I used to be and some things I still am skeptical about, but in the last few years, things have happened that changed my mind about some things.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This may not be psychic because we knew my father was going to die: The family had been sitting vigil with him for days, and the nurses said they couldn't understand how he was hanging on for so long. I had gone home to shower and get some sleep and at 9:50 (I remember looking at the clock) I saw a light outside the bedroom window. We had no neighbors back there, it was all woods. I thought to myself, "well, my dad just died". About 20 minutes later, the hospital called to tell me he was gone.
    A few weeks later, my sister had locked herself out of her car. After trying all the doors, she said she thought to herself that she wished my dad was around to call (which would not have helped her, since she lives in another state). She got the idea to try the doors again, and one of them opened.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I Is Stephanie

Oh wow. I have a few small ones a week, and usually 1 major one once a month.

I can think of 2:

It was Winter break at my school. Nothing was happening, I hadn't even gotten out of bed at all. Then, suddenly, I got this feeling--something good had ahppened to my history teacher. Not just good--amazing. He was engaged. We got back from break and he was jumping up and down. When we finally calmed him down, he told us that he was engaged. I later found out that it was the same day that I got that feeling.

And then, more recently, I had my Nickelback concert. I had 4 tickets to it, and I fully intended to use them all. But a few days after I got them, I sais to my dad, "It's gonna be me, Eric, and 'lanna." I have no clue why. At that point, I had invited 'lanna, and 2 other friends. Eric had made it clear that Nickelback was too 'girly' a band for him. As the date got closer, my friends couldn't go, or didn't want to, until, eventually, I had no one. Then, 12 hours before the concert, I got a phone call. It was Eric, he had decided that he wanted to go. And then, a few minutes later, I got a call from 'lanna, she had dumped er boyfriend and could go. So yes, it ende up being me, Eric, and 'lanna at the concert.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast