+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those psychic moments

Re: Those psychic moments

Well, I'm not a skeptic at all - I'm a true believer. I've had so many things happen over the years I hardly know which to tell about, but my favorite was when I was in my 20s and buying a truck from a co-worker I had a crush on. It had a flat and I was pumping it up (at his house) with a foot pump while he was walking around the yard. Suddenly I heard my own voice say, "Go tell your father..." as if I were saying it to a child, while I was looking at this guy. I eventually married him, had 3 children by him, and lived at that house for 15 years. He's now my ex, but it was a little shocking at the time.
    Count your blessings!

My sister dreamed of my son before I was even pregnant. She saw me walking with him and calling his name. Of course, I chose the name because of my sister's dream, but he looks exactly how she predicted.

She also woke up one morning happy because she saw her cousin in law was pregnant. A few minutes later, she felt her lose the baby. Sure enough, it's exactly what had happened. Nobody knew at the time because it had just happened.

Believer here.

About four years ago Mr. C and I were out of town and were staying with his brother and their family overnight. In the middle of the night some very loud music woke me up - it sounded like it was coming from outside (we were sleeping with the bedroom window open because my brother-in-law kept his house like a sauna). Now, since my nephews were teenagers who had electric guitars, amps, etc., hearing loud music didn't particularly surprise me, but what did surprise me was that it was church-type organ music. I remember thinking how strange it was that the boys were playing a hymn, as they were into heavy-metal. I also remember wondering how they made their guitars sound exactly like an organ, and why were they outside, as surely it must be disturbing the neighbors as well. But, having pondered briefly, I went back to sleep. A couple of hours later, at about 4 am, my cell phone rang - it was my aunt telling me that my dad had just passed away. It was very sudden and unexpected, as he wasn't sick, and in fact, had never really been sick a day in his life (except the occasional cold). He apparently woke my mom up a couple of hours earlier and said he wasn't feeling well, and then just collapsed and died. The weird part about the music I heard? My dad had been a Music Minister in church, and would always embarrass me as a teenager when he was driving and he would have that type of music on and be conducting it wildly while he drove - all the while with a big smile on his face. He absolutley loved music and loved directing music. Coincidence that loud organ music woke me up around the same time as he died? Maybe . . .

But now fast foward to about seven months ago. I was sitting in my room on a Monday afternoon - Labor Day to be exact - when floating on the air through my open window (I live in Texas, it was a warm September afternoon), was the faint music of a hymn. I thought of my mom, as it sounded like her favorite hymn, Amazing Grace. Although my mom wasn't in the hospital, her health had been failing, and I had recently had to arrange for a caregiver to come help her every day. My mom and I talked on the phone every day, but that day she hadn't answered when I called. I didn't think too much of it because she often took afternoon naps and had told me on more than one occasion to not worry if she didn't answer - that she would call me back when she woke up and got my message - which she always did. Well, the call I got around 5 p.m. that afternoon - the same afternoon I had heard her favorite hymn floating on the air through my open window a couple of hours earlier - was from her caregiver . . . my mom had quietly passed away in her sleep earlier in the day.

Now I know that's not psychic in the sense of knowing something before it happened, but I also don't believe they were just coincidences, either!
    Last edited by chrelsey; 04-19-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I got chills reading your post chrelsey. When my dad died while I was in Africa I "happened" to find a book on near death experiences on a coffee table when I was up earlier than everyone else. It helped immensely. Since he's been gone, I find dimes everywhere... in my car, on the floor, on the sidewalk, in the driveway, on chairs. I always say, "Hi Dad!" when I see them.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2342769;
    I got chills reading your post chrelsey. When my dad died while I was in Africa I "happened" to find a book on near death experiences on a coffee table when I was up earlier than everyone else. It helped immensely. Since he's been gone, I find dimes everywhere... in my car, on the floor, on the sidewalk, in the driveway, on chairs. I always say, "Hi Dad!" when I see them.
    That's funny that you mention that as I had never heard of that and I found them continually after my mom died. Finally someone told me that its a sign from the "other" side.

The other thing is that we will go through a spate of lightbulbs burning out with a pop and flash. I always say: Ok, mom and dad, I know you're here. As I've been told that paranormal activity will cause lightbulbs to do that. I don't know if its true, but it always seems to happen in clusters and then it won't happen for a long time.

I forgot about the tv thing. My friend Carl that passed away last year used to tell people they were "number one". He said it in his jokey sarcastic way instead of giving you the finger. So it got to be a huge joke in our circle and anytime anyone saw anything with the number one on it, they bought it for him. He had birthday cakes that said "you're number one", he had a collection of stuff that said #1 fan, #1 friend and so on. When I gave his eulogy, I ended it with "You are definetly number one in our hearts and I mean it the real way and not the way you always lovingly said it". It got a lot of chuckles from everyone that knew him. Even the plaque on his mausoleum has "you're number one" on it. Very fitting and everyone loves it and knows he would too.

Well a couple weeks after his death, hubby and I were watching tv. The remote was between us on the table, nothing touching it, and the tv changed channels to channel one. Channel one has NOTHING on it. We just looked at each other and at the remote, the tv, back at each other and just burst out laughing. We knew it was him.
    Then a few nights later it did the same thing, but changed to HBO
    and the Sopranos which was his all time favorite show. We had never watched it as we had at that time only recently gotten HBO.
    So we watched the Sopranos. Since then, we've rented all the seasons on DVD and caught up. But we both knew it was him changing the tv channels. Reminding us we were number one.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-21-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

OK, MRD, you've officially creeped me out about the light bulb thing. I'd never heard that before. I told my husband once that for some reason, streetlights will pop off when I go under them. Not super often, but more than you'd expect as normal. He laughed at me, of course, but then he noticed it. We can be walking to our car in a parking lot, hear a pop and the light overhead goes out, it happens when we go for walks at night and while driving. In our old neighborhood, there was a streetlamp that, during our evening walks, would go out as we approached and then go back on after we passed. We've always treated it as a little joke, thinking it was just some weird coincidence.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2342869;
    I told my husband once that for some reason, streetlights will pop off when I go under them. Not super often, but more than you'd expect as normal. He laughed at me, of course, but then he noticed it. We can be walking to our car in a parking lot, hear a pop and the light overhead goes out, it happens when we go for walks at night and while driving. In our old neighborhood, there was a streetlamp that, during our evening walks, would go out as we approached and then go back on after we passed. We've always treated it as a little joke, thinking it was just some weird coincidence.
    How interesting. I just watched a show about people who have been struck by lightning and one woman said she affects traffic lights, street lights, store signs etc. just how you described. You haven't by chance been struck by lightning before have you? Maybe you just have a much higher amount of energy than most people. I know people affect tv and radio reception when they are really close to it. I do that. I hated the days of rabbit ears when the reception would be fine while I was close to the tv and then go back to fuzzy when I moved away from it. Sometimes it happens with our shower radio when I'm near it and then move away. I also get shocked often when touching door handles and other metal surfaces. I know lots of people do but I hate it. I'm just glad I don't start any sparks at the gas pump!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 04-21-2007 at 11:18 AM.

No lightning. I haven't even been struck with a good idea in a long time! Maybe that's why I feel tired all the time. All my energy is being wasted on street lights.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2342934;
    No lightning. I haven't even been struck with a good idea in a long time! Maybe that's why I feel tired all the time. All my energy is being wasted on street lights.
    Wow, that is weird. Maybe you just have this magnetic energy about you. Now to find a way to harness it and you could get maybe use it to power your house and lower your electric bill.

I never heard that about street lights, just about lightbulbs in the house, so hopefully that helps you get less creeped out.

I want to clarify my first post where I said I was a skeptic. I was skeptic most of my life until my parents passed away. I like to think I am still skeptical, but then I read my posts and others on this thread and think, I do believe, but I'm "afraid" to believe if that makes sense. So I guess I'm no longer skeptical, but not sure exactly what it is I am. I acknowledge that these things happen to me and others, but I still have trouble processing it I guess. I know, it makes no logical sense, but then again, I'm not very logical which was why math was never my strong point.

(I'm just waiting for Newf to come in here and say he KNEW we were going to start this thread. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I use my all-knowing powers for good, not trivia. I'm not suprised at the thread, but I've got to say that I will out-skeptic any of you here. Weird stuff happens all the time, but that doesn't mean that it can only be ascribed to supernatural causes. Quick example--MRD posts
    I know people affect tv and radio reception when they are really close to it. I do that. I hated the days of rabbit ears when the reception would be fine while I was close to the tv and then go back to fuzzy when I moved away from it. Sometimes it happens with our shower radio when I'm near it and then move away.
    Maybe it's some weird electical currents in the body, but more likely is that your body is acting as an extention of the antenna, or in the case of being near a TV or radio and improving reception, the body is reflecting additional radio waves toward the antenna.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast