+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It drives me nuts...

It drives me nuts...

That not a single clock in this house is right! There's the computer clock that I keep re-setting and I think DYLAN keeps chainging, then there's a little digital clock below the monitor so if I'm playing the Sims I can keep thrack of the time. The clock on the oven is wrong by at least 5 minutes, the clock on the microwave that's right next to the oven is wrong 5 minutes the other way, the clock on the thermostat is out by about 15 minutes, sometimes an hour and 15 minutes if it's daylight savings time, the clock in the Blazer is way wrong, the clock in the truck is also wrong. My watch is set to what I think ist he right time and Dylan's watch is out by 10 minutes so he's not late to his meetings. I can't find a single right clock in this house. Even the post time on the posts gives me something different!

I think it's Dylan. I think he has some kinky fetish for the wrong time.

I'm a clock fanatic. I have to have a clock everywhere I look, and I can't stand not knowing what time it is. In my cubicle when I was at a real job, I had 7 sources of time within my cube walls. And they all have to be the same, preferably to the second. I've been known to unplug a clock, and plug it in based on a clock with a second-hand, just so it matches up right.

It's part of my obsessive-compulsiveness.

Right now, I have 4 clocks in view. And they're all the same, dammit!

Dude I know what that's like. I'm not quite a fanatic about having it to the second but I like it to the minute at least.

Wow, I'm a freak. Not one of my clocks are right. I set them all a bit early because I'm chronically late. And they're all at different times. Bedroom is 10 minutes fast, car is 15 minutes fast and the others in the house are 5 minutes fast. It's a thing with me. The only clock that is accurate is the TV/VCR and the computer.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think my VCR clock is slow, because I always set things to tape five minutes early and five minutes late, and I always have lots of the show at the start and not as much at the end.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The office where I worked for a long time had clocks in 24 hr time. I drove my family nuts by giving time in that format constantly.
    " It's 15:17" blank look- oh yeah 3:17 er just a bit after quarter after 3. I used to have a digital watch set with 24 hr time, but have now come back to the civilian world.
    All the clocks are set to the same time , except our bedroom clock as Hubby is a snooze button man.Tricks him every time "oh man I could have had 10 min. more sleep , look how early it is"

I recently quit wearing a watch, except on days when I work. I like to have one clock handy so that I know when to get the kids to the bus or pick them up. Other than that I gave up "real time" as it was driving me nuts!
    My oldest son is constantly aware of time, and has to know what time it is all the time.
    I just don't care as I usually know "about" what time it is anyway!
    And just to keep with thread topic.... computer, coffee maker, microwave ~ Same times. Oven, wall clock in living room and TV ~ same time, but diferent from others. Car clock, set to the town clock... I guess it's about right Bedroom alarm way the hell off.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Most of the time I look at the clock/watch then pick up the phone to call time and temperature to make sure. Maybe I should just throw out all of the clocks and narrow it down to the call. There are two alarm clocks in the bedroom and I am nuts about getting them the same to the second. I despise seeing two different times.

I'm usually always late, so I have all my clocks set about 5 minutes fast. Gives me a little leeway.

I am also a bit clock obsessed. I have one on the comp toolbar, one on my desk, another on the wall over my bed (it's a loft, ooohhh). Basically I just don't wanna be in the middle of something and have to move to see the clock.

Not one of my clocks are right. I set them all a bit early because I'm chronically late. And they're all at different times. Bedroom is 10 minutes fast, car is 15 minutes fast and the others in the house are 5 minutes fast. It's a thing with me. The only clock that is accurate is the TV/VCR and the computer.
    Ahhhhh Miss F you are so not alone!! My computer clock has been freaking out lately and it's always behind regular time, but the ONLY clocks right are the cable boxes since Time Warner makes sure they are set and the VCR's so I can record stuff. My car clock is 10 minutes fast to keep me on my toes so I'm on time to work (and actually I shouldn't worry about that since work time is about 10 minutes slow of regular time, but it's a habit). The absolute worst is my bedroom alarm clock which is half an hour ahead so that it will scare me awake at 5am every day. Sadly I've found it's amazing how much math you can do when you're half asleep, I can figure the half an hour fast that it is, what real time should be, and divide into it just how many 7 minute snooze sessions I can fit into it and still make it out of the house by 530.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast