+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It drives me nuts...

Since i usually have to be at work around 5am i keep the clock by the bed set 50 minutes fast so i still make it to work on time.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

agentcarver
    I have the same problem... My mornings, everything pretty much has a pre-set time (Turn on coffee pot, visit the little girl's room, get mail, come back to kitchen, get cup of tea because I forgot I don't drink coffee... You get it)

Re: It drives me nuts...

Originally posted by duckgirl
    then there's a little digital clock below the monitor so if I'm playing the Sims I can keep thrack of the time.
    Oh thats a good idea, I keep getting myself in trouble playing the Sims or Civilization and losing complete track of time. A couple hours later I realize how long I have been on...

DOH! Look at that huge motherfucker of a typo.

I'm not having much luck with that these days...

labtech
    Those 24 hr. clocks drive me crazy. I have to stop and figure out what time it is after is passes 12:59. I guess you can definitely say I am not the sharpest tool in the shed!!!!

FORT Newbie
    At my mom's place, she has a clock in every room and they all have different times on them. It drives me NUTS!

My daughter and I will spend a weekend over at her house and on Monday morning, I am always late to work because I have no idea what time is it. My mom will yell out that it's 7:15am and then my daughter will say, no it's 7:20am...my watch will say 7:10am and then I will go in the kitchen and that clock will say 7:18am. At that point, I just want to scream.

Then I'm screwed for the week because you know when you start off with a bad Monday, nothing goes right the entire week. Especially in the world of education.

~S

The only clock in my house that's wrong is the one the microwave.
    I change it but somehow it always gains time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by Savannah
    .....Then I'm screwed for the week because you know when you start off with a bad Monday, nothing goes right the entire week. Especially in the world of education.....

~S
    I never realized just how important the whole "time issue" was until I started substituting. Some teachers would even leave things like "Gym starts at 11 am. It takes the kids 1 minutes to line up, then 3 minutes to walk to the new gym" in their plans for me. Of course this only matters at the elementary school where the kids have to be walked everywhere. Gosh, I could never be a teacher there. I do really well with time when I'm subbing, but I hate it I'll take the middle or high school anyday.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

@ Ducky's new avatar.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

My frickin' computer clock is all over the map. I'll be up late, working on a recap or precap or something like that, and I'll wrap it up and say, "Hm, 2AM. That's not too bad." Then I turn around and look at any other clock in the house and find out it's actually 2:30AM or something like that. Next day, the computer clock is normal, and it loses more time as the day goes on. We leave the thing on all the time so it shouldn't be doing weird crap like that.

Our house must have been built on an old Indian burial ground...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast