+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you go out on a date with celebrity?

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2312689;

Gary Sinise. Good looking, talented actor and a humanitarian.
    Could I get in line behind you? I have loved him since The Stand.

I would, if it were private so you could get to know the real person, not the public person.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Heck yeah, I'd go out with a celebrity ( as if that would really happen!)....If George Clooney or Ricky Martin asked me out, I'd just like to sit there and stare at them!

My tastes range anywhere from Tom Hanks to Gene Simmons to Donny Osmond...in another words...all over the place!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2314003;
    Heck yeah, I'd go out with a celebrity ( as if that would really happen!)....If George Clooney or Ricky Martin asked me out, I'd just like to sit there and stare at them!

My tastes range anywhere from Tom Hanks to Gene Simmons to Donny Osmond...in another words...all over the place!
    George Clooney was in town in Feb/March shooting a movie and this place went NUTS. They had nightly George Clooney sightings on the news (before the actual REAL news, the important, world and local, change your life type news). Everyone here was stalking the places he was supposed to be at. I had met with a group of women from my church and the ENTIRE topic was him and how they had all been running all over trying to see him. One woman's daughter had had her photo taken with him and it was passed around and oohhed over like it was of Jesus Christ himself. Personally, I thought it was a tad ridiculous and felt for the poor man. Apparantly they had to have crowd control out everytime he set foot out of his hotel room.
    That has to really suck for the celebrity. I could not imagine my every move being talked about, photographed and people plotting ways to meet me.
    And these woman I was with thought I was crazy because I wan't into the feeding frenzy surrounding all this. No thank you. I once ate in the same resturant as Eddie Money (80's rock star). We looked at him, but never once did we try to approach him. Let the man enjoy a dinner in peace was my thoughts.
    Which is probably why I wouldn't go out with a celebrity even is one did miracuously ask me. Too many people get in their faces all the time.
    Rather win the lottery as stated above.

Rattus, I like Danny Devito too. I think he would be a riot to talk too.
    Personally, I'll take funny over goodlooking. Oh, I do like goodlooking too. But I'd rather have someone make me laugh.

I think I'd also rather meet politicans than celebrities. I want to know why they do some of the stuff they do and I want to make them listen to MY concerns as a voter and US citizen. After all politics and government affect the way I live, every single day of my life. Johnny Depp only affects me for two hours when I see him in a movie. They are a damn good 2 hours, but he has no control over health care, education, wages, and other issues that affect my quality of life.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I guess I was looking at this as getting to eat out with a celebrity with a getting-to-know-you scenario, not a maybe-I'll-want-to-marry-you-in-the-future sort of deal. My definite no's would be Kevin Federline, any of the Rolling Stones, Paris Hilton, Brittney Spears. Ok, I would go out with anyone that I thought had substance,...not a media wh***.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;2314892;
    I guess I was looking at this as getting to eat out with a celebrity with a getting-to-know-you scenario, not a maybe-I'll-want-to-marry-you-in-the-future sort of deal. My definite no's would be Kevin Federline, any of the Rolling Stones, Paris Hilton, Brittney Spears. Ok, I would go out with anyone that I thought had substance,...not a media wh***.
    I wouldn't mind meeting the Rolling Stones (The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band) but I wouldn't date any of them. I would like to ask Keith why he did what he said he did this week. That was just tooooooo weird.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I was kind of hoping he said it just because he knew he'd get a stir out of it.

I'd go out with Charlie Watts, but since he's been married to the same woman for 43 years, it's not likely he'd ask me. He seems pretty sensible and down-to-earth, though, which is something that really appeals to me.

And what did Keith say he did?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;2314956;
    I was kind of hoping he said it just because he knew he'd get a stir out of it.
    Oh, I'm sure that's why he did. He's always been outrageous and will probably continue to be. I mean, I'm really not all that shocked by it because it totally sounds like something he would do, from what I've read and heard. Obviously don't have first hand experience. I like Keith precisely because he's outrageous and I love how he does his hair. Wish I could get away with that look myself.

I have always had a secret wish to be in a band. Not for the fame or fortune but so I could dress outrageously and act outrageously and everyone say: "Oh, that's just how she is." Not: "look at THAT weirdo".

What? What did he say he did? I'm dyin' here. I need to know.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Rattus, check it out here and see what you think...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast