+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you go out on a date with celebrity?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2312613;
    Older actors I think are really handsome, especially as they were a couple od decades ago (some before I was born ).
    Robert Redford
    Paul Newman
    Sidney Pointier
    Those are some classy guys. There aren't many actors around like that anymore. Though George Clooney, Viggo Mortensen, and Gary Sinise do come close.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2312843;
    You're young so I will assume (though I may be wrong) that you haven't dated a lot of different people. The thing is, once you get out into the dating world *shudder*, you really don't have a clue about what anyone is like until you've gone out with them a few times, or sometimes not even until the divorce becomes final.

Well, I haven't personally gone out with many guys, but my best friend has, and I usually end up being like a second girlfriend to them, as 'lanna and I follow each other everywhere, and if the boyfriend is there, chances are, she's dragged me behind her and won't let me go away.

And I could be totally wrong, but I've found that you can tell pretty quickly what they're going to be like. I'd go so far as to say that you can tell in a couple of hours. A lot of her boyfriends have been the guys I wouldn't have looked at twice, but I have been able to tell if they're a good egg or a bad egg in a matter of lunch periods. Just little things that they do really clue me in, and, to this day (5 boyfriends later), I have yet to be wrong. Maybe it's beginner's luck?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I Is Stephanie
    Not to double post or anything, but I think that what I was trying to say is that after the media has made these people look so wonderful, if they turned out to be anything less, I'd be especially disappointed.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2312843;
    You're young so I will assume (though I may be wrong) that you haven't dated a lot of different people. The thing is, once you get out into the dating world *shudder*, you really don't have a clue about what anyone is like until you've gone out with them a few times, or sometimes not even until the divorce becomes final. While we're all joking about this, if a celebrity did ask me out, I wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand because honestly, I probably do know more about them than I do about the guy at the bar, or the guy at the gym, or the guy on-line.
    You speak the truth oh wise one! I just found out something about my husband I never knew and I've been married to him for 18 years.

Dating is much different as an adult than a teenager too. Now that my daughter is dating, the flashbacks to my dating years as a teenager are causing me panic attacks! Just kidding, but what she is going through has brought many memories to the surface from way back then. Many I wish had stayed buried.

If a celebrity did ask me out, I'd probably act like Bill Engvall. I just saw his routine on tv and he did a bit about meeting George Straight and I'd be so dumbfounded I couldn't speak. That and I'd ask if I could bring my husband along. So basically, I'd probably act like an idiot. First instinct would be to turn around and look behind me to see who he's REALLY talking too!
    But I have a better chance of winning the lottery than ever having a celebrity ask me out. Personally would pick the lottery over dating celebrity if given the choice. Unfortunately I won't ever get either choice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie
    Now come on....

You're a great woman, and it's all statistics with the lottery...there's a sgood chance of either one happeneing to oyu in this lifetime! I, however...

Sorry. Comforting a friend who's convinced himself that his girlfriend is too good for him...issue is HE'S too good for HER.

If Vince Vaughn asked me out I would be all over it.

Some others I would consider: Owen Wilson, Mo Rocca, and Michael Ian Black. I like my celebrities funny...and tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2313107;
    If Vince Vaughn asked me out I would be all over it.

Some others I would consider: Owen Wilson, Mo Rocca, and Michael Ian Black. I like my celebrities funny...and tall.
    so then I guess Danny Devito is out of the question?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2313110;
    Yup!

Gnomie, we have similar tastes in men. I'm in line right behind you for Mo Rocca (my #1 choice ), and Owen Wilson, then would also add Paul Rudd and John Cusack. Oh, and I realize Jon Stewart is married, but I'd be willing to overlook that minor 'problem.' *ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2313110;
    Heh. I did a "who's your ideal celebrity mate" quiz once, and Danny Devito was mine. I was pretty happy with that actually. He's a funny, intelligent, interesting man - just my cup of tea. My tiny cup of tea.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast