+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Would you go out on a date with celebrity?

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey famita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,812
    My date would be Kurt Russell (from when he was in the circus movie) but with Goldie Hawln, too. That'd be a hoot!

  2. #12
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163
    No, I would not go on a date with a celebrity, even if I wasn't already cured of dating. I can't believe that there would be enough commonality of experiences to make it comfortable, and I'll be hanged if I'm going to spend the evening fawning and drooling over somebody just because they've been in a movie or on TV.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  3. #13
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    667
    Newf, I agree. I don't care how wonderful you think you are, you still have to prove it to me, show me a good time, and don't take it for granted that I'll be all over you just because you're famous... and I don't get the impression that many celebs would be up for something like that. At least, I feel that way about movie and TV stars... But I have a real soft spot for musicians, guitarists in particular, so maybe I'd date a celeb musician. Okay, by "maybe" I mean definitely.
    Last edited by remote_goddess; 04-04-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling and stuff

  4. #14
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2312529;
    No, I would not go on a date with a celebrity, even if I wasn't already cured of dating. I can't believe that there would be enough commonality of experiences to make it comfortable, and I'll be hanged if I'm going to spend the evening fawning and drooling over somebody just because they've been in a movie or on TV.
    I agree. I tend to have crushes on characters that the today's actors play. In today's gossip world I learn too much about them and get turned off. I was upset to hear the Brad Pitt smokes and may not wash much. If I did date a celebrity it would have to be one that isn't caught up in being a celebrity. One that is down to earth and sees acting as a career and doesn't view celebrity as a lifestyle.

    Older actors I think are really handsome, especially as they were a couple od decades ago (some before I was born ).
    Robert Redford
    Paul Newman
    Sidney Pointier

    All men that I don't know a lot of dirt about.

  5. #15
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2312613;
    I agree. I tend to have crushes on characters that the today's actors play. In today's gossip world I learn too much about them and get turned off. I was upset to hear the Brad Pitt smokes and may not wash much. If I did date a celebrity it would have to be one that isn't caught up in being a celebrity. One that is down to earth and sees acting as a career and doesn't view celebrity as a lifestyle.

    Older actors I think are really handsome, especially as they were a couple od decades ago (some before I was born ).
    Robert Redford
    Paul Newman
    Sidney Pointier

    All men that I don't know a lot of dirt about.
    Interestingly I had similar conversation recently with a friend. I was talking about the new Pirates of the Carribean movie coming out and how I liked Johnny Depp and she starts going on and on about what he does in his personal life and she doesn't like that. I said: "I could care less what he does in his personal life. It's his own business. I just go to the movies to see him do his JOB and his JOB is to entertain me." What he does on his time is his business. I feel that way about any public figure, celebrity or politician, etc.
    We all have personal lives and most of that is not fodder for the masses in my opinion.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #16
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911
    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2312587;
    ... But I have a real soft spot for musicians, guitarists in particular, so maybe I'd date a celeb musician. Okay, by "maybe" I mean definitely.
    That's sort of why I have John Doe on my list . Love creative people. Actually, everyone on my list is creative as well as being an actor whether they're writing, directing or playing music (remember Fishheads? Bill directed that). Though actually, I don't know how creative Viggo is, but I really like the fact that, as far as I know, he still lives in the same bungalow he's lived in for years. I appreciate the down-to-earth quality of someone not changing their life for fame and fortune.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey cricketeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,696
    I read a while ago that Viggo is also an artist - so there ya go.



    Gary Sinise. Good looking, talented actor and a humanitarian.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

  8. #18
    I Is Stephanie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,037
    Actually, no one. Not because we'd have nothing in common, or because I'm not interested in meeting the paparazzi (which I'm not), but because we have NO CLUE what these people are like in real life.

    Take my stalking obesession fondness with Chad Kroeger, the lead singer of my favorite band ever Nickelback. He seems like a great guy, nice, down-to-earth, funny... and I've seen him in concert. Not only is he twice as hot in real life, but he's just as nice, down-to-earth, and funny as he is in the interviews.

    However, as much as I love the guy (Chad- if you're reading this- I LOVE YOU!!!), I take everything he says with a grain of salt. There's a certain image celebrities have to have to stay celebrities, if they veer away from that image, they run the risk of losing all social status. So there's never any way to know what they're like in real life. He could be nothing like what we read in these not-trustable tabloids, for all we know he has a writer scripting out everything he says, so that he doesn't sound like a totally horrible person (of course, he is totally amazing in every way...). Spending one-on-one time with a celebrity would be the perfect time to realize that they aren't the totally amazing gorgous character that we thought they were, but worse, no one would believe you, because you wouldn't actually have any proof of anything...

    That and he's like, 18 years older than me...

    However, if there was a chance to interview them, or maybe just talk to them for a minute, I might jump on it. Just as long as it would be too short for me to get to know what they're really like.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

  9. #19
    Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2312689;
    I read a while ago that Viggo is also an artist - so there ya go.
    Viggo Peter Mortensen, Jr. (born October 20, 1958) is an Danish-American theater and movie actor, poet, musician, photographer and painter.

    So, yeah, he's definitely a yes!

  10. #20
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911
    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2312798;
    Actually, no one. Not because we'd have nothing in common, or because I'm not interested in meeting the paparazzi (which I'm not), but because we have NO CLUE what these people are like in real life.
    You're young so I will assume (though I may be wrong) that you haven't dated a lot of different people. The thing is, once you get out into the dating world *shudder*, you really don't have a clue about what anyone is like until you've gone out with them a few times, or sometimes not even until the divorce becomes final. While we're all joking about this, if a celebrity did ask me out, I wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand because honestly, I probably do know more about them than I do about the guy at the bar, or the guy at the gym, or the guy on-line.
    Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2312820;
    Viggo Peter Mortensen, Jr. (born October 20, 1958) is an Danish-American theater and movie actor, poet, musician, photographer and painter.

    So, yeah, he's definitely a yes!
    Sigh . I knew it wasn't possible for me to fall so hard for someone who wasn't creative.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.