+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Travel tips

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2290019;
    Star, if you wear an underwire they normally go off if you get wanded.
    Well, that's what I'm saying. I do wear one and they don't go off. It's probably just luck of the draw. Maybe some wands are more sensitive than others.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Yes, Star, I think that must be the case. Sometimes the plates or screws in my neck set them off, and sometimes not.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD
    I've just had to laugh at the underwire thing. I am apparantly the only one that has had this trouble. Going to check my bras to see if they are "bras of steel" or something.

MB- Be prepared in Tijuana. You can get into Mexico with no wait. Took us 3 hours wait to get back out! No lie! And this was before the passport thing. But we did have to show our ID.

I was ready to find the fence to climb over to get back to the US we had to wait so freaking long and of course, the drunk college kids had to be in line right behind us. I really thought I'd punch one of them before it was all over.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2290071;
    I think you're already all covered but I want to point out that you can get expedited passports--it just costs more. The husband and I both needed to expedite our passport renewals, paid double, gave them our FedEx account # so it would be overnighted and it worked out fine 'cause we got our passports within two weeks. But the lesson learned? Mr. and Mrs. Lois Lane shouldn't procrastinate so much next time!
    Last time I renewed mine I got it in less than a week. However, as a warning, there was an article in our paper about a week ago that even the expedited passport requests are taking a long time because there are so many requests with the new rules regarding Canada and Mexico.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

You definitely want to allow plenty of time for passports and renewals. Also, it's cheaper to renew your passport rather than allow it to expire and then get a new one. So make sure you look at those expiration dates!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2290267;
    I've just had to laugh at the underwire thing. I am apparantly the only one that has had this trouble. Going to check my bras to see if they are "bras of steel" or something.

l
    No, I've had it happen to me too. There's not too many things more embarrassing than having the wand buried in your cleavage right in front of everyone. I know many bras nowadays have a plastic type 'wire' so I guess those would work, but after two times, I've started wearing the wireless kind to fly. It's more comfortable anyway!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, as someone else said, I'll make sure to wear nice ones from now on. With plenty of coverage.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Well, then, if there are passport delays, here's a question -- do I need one to go to Alaska? I planned to renew it in case our flight wound up somehow stopping there or something.

I don't know if my underwire has set off metal detectors, because when I get stopped I usually forgot a belt buckle or jewelry or something. Once, in the Portland, Maine, airport, they pulled me aside to wand my flipflops -- they were sort of platform rubber, and they were making sure I didn't have a knife or something slipped in the sole.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

You shouldn't need one for Alaska unless you are going through BC at some point. Whoa a knife in your flip flops. Nice.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Now y'all have me wondering if the titanium screws I now have in my stomach due to my surgery will set off the metal detectors. I guess I better ask the doctor that one.

+ Reply to Thread