+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Travel tips

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2276603;
    I've never heard of this. Wouldn't the newspaper get the clothes all dirty?
    I would think so, especially lighter colors. I've been told that if you fold in newspaper it will keep them from wrinkling.

There's paper called newsprint that doesn't have writing on it. It's the cheapest grade of drawing paper.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2276422;
    I also do NOT wear an underwire bra when going through airport security. Learned that by embarrassing experience.
    I've never had my underwires set of the alarm, that's kind of disturbing that you had to go through that. I'll make sure I wear a pretty one so it won't be quite so bad if I have to whip it off in the security line.

I booked my hotel for my May conference and they said it would be no problem to put a refrigerator in my room for my meds. I do plan to call the hotel before I leave and confirm it though.

I've never had underwire bras set off the alarm either. Not even m belt buckle, which is quite massive set it off. Maybe I should make sure to wear pretty ones though.

One of my old teachers had both his knees replaced with metallic prosthesis so he was alwyas prepared for being stopped. He couldn't do anything about it though, just show his knees. That must be even more annoying, knowing you'll get stopped every single time. And he does travel a lot.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've had a bangle bracelet of mine that I wear all the time set off the alarms!! Now I just automatically take it off and put it in the container to scan through with my other stuff.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Premium Member
    When I booked my flight there were some cool activities available. One that I would like to do is a Grand Tour that goes all over San Diego, then a harbor cruise and then down to Tijuana for the afternoon. I'm going to be there by myself and I've never been there before so I thought this sounded like a fun way to see things but I'm wondering if I would need a passport for the Tijuana part? It doesn't say anything about that in the tour info, and I only have 8 weeks before the trip so I don't even think I could get one in time.

ETA: Never mind. I answered my own question. If you are staying less than 72 hours you don't need a passport.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-18-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: answered my own question

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2285417;
    When I booked my flight there were some cool activities available. One that I would like to do is a Grand Tour that goes all over San Diego, then a harbor cruise and then down to Tijuana for the afternoon. I'm going to be there by myself and I've never been there before so I thought this sounded like a fun way to see things but I'm wondering if I would need a passport for the Tijuana part? It doesn't say anything about that in the tour info, and I only have 8 weeks before the trip so I don't even think I could get one in time.
    WOW! That's a good question Marley. I was in San Diego about 4 years ago and we went over into Tijuana and we had to show our drivers license going into Tijuana and leaving but that was back before it was required to have a passport!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Marleybone, I think you only have to have a passport if your flying in and out. I would call or e-mail them and find out ahead of time. They should know what you need. Good Luck and enjoy your trip.

Premium Member
    I found Tijuana.com : Everything about Tijuana: Hotels Services City Guide travel discounts hotel reservations in my conference brochure, and on that site I found this:

Visitors to the northern part of Baja California do not need passports or tourist cards if staying in the country for 72 hours or less. If you plan to stay longer or travel beyond Ensenada, you'll need to obtain a tourist card. This document is free of charge; proof of U.S. citizenship is required.
    I've signed up for the tour, I'll have to play hookey for a day from the conference but I can't go all the way to California and not have a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2285279;
    One of my old teachers had both his knees replaced with metallic prosthesis so he was alwyas prepared for being stopped. He couldn't do anything about it though, just show his knees. That must be even more annoying, knowing you'll get stopped every single time. And he does travel a lot.
    I have three plates and 12 screws in my neck (I know what you're thinking...no loose screw jokes please ), and I have a credit card-thing the doctor gave me that I present to security if I set the things off. It's a general "she's got metal internally," and between that and my gruesome scars, I've never had a problem.

Barley, it will be beautiful in San Diego/Tijuana (well, Tijuana isn't really beautiful, but the weather will be nice) in May. You were smart to check out the passport requirements, and it's good to hear you don't have to mess with it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread