+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Travel tips

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks guys. I saw one on qvc the other day. It's nice to here from someone who has tried the product and likes it. I especially like tha qvc price. I've seen some on other sited for about $100.

I ordered my purse from gvc this morning. I got model F10350.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2302577;
    I ordered my purse from gvc this morning. I got model F10350.
    That's like mine except I have an older version without the exterior phone pocket. To be honest, I don't think I would use the phone pocket...too easy for someone to lift it or me accidentally lose the phone!

What color did you get? You'll really find that purse very handy rt1ky....I may go order me another one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I ordered the camel. I was also worried about the phone pocket, but it looks like there is room inside for my phone. My mother ordered one too, same color.

They had another, similar, expandable purse without the phone pocket, but the front part with the credit card organizer only closed by magnets and that also worried me. It's model F10867.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was my first time shopping at qvc. I tried looking at luggage stores but the prices were too high for my budget usage.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 03-30-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Re: Travel tips

I just heard about this on CNN. This summer is supposed to be really bad for airport delays.

NATCA: Avoid Delays

Anyone have any experience checking bottles of wine or champagne (or water, even)? More to the point, any experience with any of those exploding or something en route?

I'm going to France in October, and haven't flown with wine since before the liquids regulation! Thanks!

When my brother came to visit in January, he stowed two bottles of wine in his checked in luggage. He had them in a case that protected them from being bounced around. Both bottles arrived in perfect condition.

I can't remember what the name of that case was but try Googling "travel case for wine bottles", etc., and you will find quite the array of different styles.

We have a lot of visitors, and Chile has excellent wine. So, I always have bubble wrap in the house, and my brother actually used PVC pipes which worked really well and are cheaper than the wine boxes available here.

I have never had a problem with exploding etc., in packed luggage.

I have a question - I printed my boarding pass for tomorrow and the whole page didn't fit on the paper. All the important stuff is there - name, flight, some whacky bar code, the name of the airline, etc. Will that be good enough? Will the fact that I registered for it online be confirmation? An answer tonight would be good. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

It should be fine. Your name, seat, flight are probably all in the bar code anyhow.
    and yes. your online confirmation works. You can reprint the boarding pass at a kiosk if you want to when you get there - but I'm sure your paper is fine.

+ Reply to Thread