+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remedies, Tips & Tricks

Remedies, Tips & Tricks

http://kitchen.robbiehaf.com/

I found the above website just chunked full of wonderful information and wanted to share it with you. It contains everything from Household Hints, Home Remedies, as well as Tips and Tricks to remove various everyday odors and stains, plus much, much, more...

Have any of you tried some of these tips, tricks or remedies specified?
    If so, do they work?

Is there anything in particular that you can share that works well for you?

Are you looking for any special trick, tip or remedy?
    If so, you may want to check the website I found.

As for me... I absolutely SWEAR by "Black Cohosh" for Menopause
    I take (1) 540 mg everyday and I haven't had hot flashes, night sweats or much irritability in God knows how long (I'd say a year at least!)
    It does take a few weeks to get in your system, but then Bingo!
    It really works great for me with NO side effects!

Now, what can you share?

Thanks for sharing that website. Looks like they have a lot of neat ideas. I've added it to my favorites.
    For cleaning the microwave they suggest putting a soaked sponge in and cooking for two minutes. I fill a coffee cup with water heat til it boils and then let sit for a few minutes. You will be amazed at how easily the microwave wipes clean.

I've found that single earrings or pendants that you no longer wear make lovely zipper pulls. Twenty some odd years ago I lost one of the earrings I was wearing when I went on my first date with the man who is now Mr. Rattus, but didn't have the heart to throw the other one away. Two months ago I lost the zipper pull on my favourite bag. And voila! A perfect mating of form and function. I have subsequently replaced the entirely prosaic pull on my favourite sweater with a pendant that I haven't worn for years, so now the sweater always looks just a dash dressier.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Bobofan, neat website for solving eveyday household problems.

BoBoFan - Not only a wonderful website, but a great idea for a thread topic here. Thanks, BoBoFan!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2243533;
    I've found that single earrings or pendants that you no longer wear make lovely zipper pulls. Twenty some odd years ago I lost one of the earrings I was wearing when I went on my first date with the man who is now Mr. Rattus, but didn't have the heart to throw the other one away. Two months ago I lost the zipper pull on my favourite bag. And voila! A perfect mating of form and function. I have subsequently replaced the entirely prosaic pull on my favourite sweater with a pendant that I haven't worn for years, so now the sweater always looks just a dash dressier.
    What a great idea!

Looking at the napin folds section reminded me... I have a friend who can fold a napkin to look like a certain part of the male anatomy. Thanksgiving at grandma's will never be the same.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 02-16-2007 at 09:26 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2243536;
    Bobofan, neat website for solving eveyday household problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2243545;
    BoBoFan - Not only a wonderful website, but a great idea for a thread topic here. Thanks, BoBoFan!
    You're both welcome & Thank You too.
    I think it will be a great reference guide for everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2243517;
    http://kitchen.robbiehaf.com/

I found the above website just chunked full of wonderful information and wanted to share it with you. It contains everything from Household Hints, Home Remedies, as well as Tips and Tricks to remove various everyday odors and stains, plus much, much, more...

If so, do they work?

Are you looking for any special trick, tip or remedy?
    If so, you may want to check the website I found.

As for me... I absolutely SWEAR by "Black Cohosh" for Menopause
    I take (1) 540 mg everyday and I haven't had hot flashes, night sweats or much irritability in God knows how long (I'd say a year at least!)
    It does take a few weeks to get in your system, but then Bingo!
    It really works great for me with NO side effects!

Now, what can you share?

Thanks for that BoBo

If so, do they work?
    Yep. They mention vinegar as an odor remover ... which is an old standby and yes it works.

Lava Soap (bar). It has a slight abrasive in it and works on (and won't damage) most hard surfaces to clean almost anything. It also works as a pre-wash treatment on many stains. I discovered this when a friend got a black marker mark on some wood furniture. Just slightly dampen a corner of a cloth, wrap around a finger tip, get a little Lava soap on it and work on the mark, stain. Work very gently and patiently. Be sure to test in a little hidden corner to be sure it's not scratching/etching the item. Again ... gently and test first ! You can use a toothbrush on clothing stains for pre-wash treatment, or better, buy a stiff denture brush.

Speaking of Denture Brushes, they sure are handy to use in tight places, around sinks faucets, etc., and again to pre-treat stains.

The site mentions spraying cotton balls with your favorite scent, and placing in linen closets. I use the non-spray stuff ... but I have been doing that for years. Cotton balls all over the place ! I also put some after-shave or lightly scented mens' cologne on cotton balls and "polish" bathroom faucets, etc. after cleaning. The alcohol shines it, and a nice scent remains.

I absolutely SWEAR by "Black Cohosh"
    Be careful with that stuff and be sure to check with the Doc, as you should with all herbal remedies. Black Cohosh can negatively affect your liver, so occasional liver function tests might be in order. Can is the operative word here. Glad it helps you though.

Again, thanks for the site. I'm always looking for effective and inexpensive tricks. !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2243533;
    AWESOME idea!

BoBo - great website - thanks for sharing

BoboFan: Great idea for a site!

Rattus: Love the idea for misc. earrings and pendants!

I just mentioned this to my sweetie and he'd never heard of it. We had mashed potatoes last night. He was peeling the peels into the garbage can and some ended up on the floor and it was messy.

I told him my Dad always peeled potatoes onto a pile of 3 sheets of newspaper. Then he just folds up the paper and puts it neatly in the garbage. No mess, no fuss, easy peasy!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast