+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: Car Repair Advice

  1. #31
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,462
    I know, I know - I always was a goodie-2-shoes.
    Count your blessings!

  2. #32
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2239142;
    I thought I saw your picture at the post office today.
    I was at my post office today and was looking at the wanted posters and I kept saying to myself "she looks familiar"......

  3. #33
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2239142;
    I thought I saw your picture at the post office today.
    I'm always terrified that I'm going to know one of those people!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2239274;
    I'm always terrified that I'm going to know one of those people!
    A woman I used to work with's son was on Cops a couple of years ago. He wasn't a cop, either.

  5. #35
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946
    Husband's bass player's crazy GF and her crazyer sister were on America's most wanted a while back.

    She's so off kilter. I hope she never finds out that we joke about her "running around the desert with guns" Or we'll probably all be shot

    And Father-in-law's Bass player's son's ex GF *kudos if you could follow that* was just the "victem" girl in that whole Nasa love triangle thingie.
    When I found both of these out I was super

    But anyway... None of this has anything to do with cars.

    Can anyone settle a car disagreement for me? Husband and I can't agree on what is worse for the car's body: Letting it stay covered in road salt all winter, or washing it often in the winter and having fresh salt keep getting in the wet clean scratches? :hmm
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  6. #36
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2239323;
    Can anyone settle a car disagreement for me? Husband and I can't agree on what is worse for the car's body: Letting it stay covered in road salt all winter, or washing it often in the winter and having fresh salt keep getting in the wet clean scratches? :hmm
    Why are you scratching it?
    I'm no expert, but I would think definitely letting it stay covered in salt is worse for it. Wash it and WAX it, and that would help protect it.

    Which leads me to a more general lesson. I am bad about not washing or waxing my car. And my car is black. A friend took it to wash/wax it for me a few weeks ago and said that the dirt had baked IN to the paint, and that it was going to be a huge ordeal to get it out. I had no idea that was even possible. So, people, wash and wax your cars regularly.

  7. #37
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2239323;
    And Father-in-law's Bass player's son's ex GF *kudos if you could follow that* was just the "victem" girl in that whole Nasa love triangle thingie.
    It took me several times but I think I finally got it....and I must say WOW to who she is!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  8. #38
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,462
    I wash by hand. Having never done an automated car wash/wax, I'm nervous about doing it. Is it hard? Will I look foolish? Is there someone there to help me if I can't figure out what I'm doing? Am I likely to jump the tracks and bash into the wall or get tangled in the octopus fabric I remember when my dad took me through one as a girl? I don't know why I'm so timid about some things and ballsy about others.
    Count your blessings!

  9. #39
    A Meat Loaf Aday... ClosetNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2239347;
    Why are you scratching it?
    I'm no expert, but I would think definitely letting it stay covered in salt is worse for it. Wash it and WAX it, and that would help protect it.

    Which leads me to a more general lesson. I am bad about not washing or waxing my car. And my car is black. A friend took it to wash/wax it for me a few weeks ago and said that the dirt had baked IN to the paint, and that it was going to be a huge ordeal to get it out. I had no idea that was even possible. So, people, wash and wax your cars regularly.
    I'm not scrathcing it. But it's a 98. It has a few small rust spots along the bottom and a nice swirly scratch on one of the doors where some lovely(probably college kid) decided it needed a bit of sprucing up. *with his keys* :nono
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

  10. #40
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2239347;

    Which leads me to a more general lesson. I am bad about not washing or waxing my car. And my car is black. A friend took it to wash/wax it for me a few weeks ago and said that the dirt had baked IN to the paint, and that it was going to be a huge ordeal to get it out. I had no idea that was even possible. So, people, wash and wax your cars regularly.
    I never heard of such a thing as dirt being baked into an already baked paint job. Anyone? I think your friend was yanking your chain Lucy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.