+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Car Repair Advice

I know, I know - I always was a goodie-2-shoes.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2239142;
    I thought I saw your picture at the post office today.
    I was at my post office today and was looking at the wanted posters and I kept saying to myself "she looks familiar"......

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2239142;
    I thought I saw your picture at the post office today.
    I'm always terrified that I'm going to know one of those people!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2239274;
    I'm always terrified that I'm going to know one of those people!
    A woman I used to work with's son was on Cops a couple of years ago. He wasn't a cop, either.

Husband's bass player's crazy GF and her crazyer sister were on America's most wanted a while back.

She's so off kilter. I hope she never finds out that we joke about her "running around the desert with guns" Or we'll probably all be shot

And Father-in-law's Bass player's son's ex GF *kudos if you could follow that* was just the "victem" girl in that whole Nasa love triangle thingie.
    When I found both of these out I was super

But anyway... None of this has anything to do with cars.

Can anyone settle a car disagreement for me? Husband and I can't agree on what is worse for the car's body: Letting it stay covered in road salt all winter, or washing it often in the winter and having fresh salt keep getting in the wet clean scratches? :hmm
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2239323;
    Can anyone settle a car disagreement for me? Husband and I can't agree on what is worse for the car's body: Letting it stay covered in road salt all winter, or washing it often in the winter and having fresh salt keep getting in the wet clean scratches? :hmm
    Why are you scratching it?
    I'm no expert, but I would think definitely letting it stay covered in salt is worse for it. Wash it and WAX it, and that would help protect it.

Which leads me to a more general lesson. I am bad about not washing or waxing my car. And my car is black. A friend took it to wash/wax it for me a few weeks ago and said that the dirt had baked IN to the paint, and that it was going to be a huge ordeal to get it out. I had no idea that was even possible. So, people, wash and wax your cars regularly.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2239323;
    And Father-in-law's Bass player's son's ex GF *kudos if you could follow that* was just the "victem" girl in that whole Nasa love triangle thingie.
    It took me several times but I think I finally got it....and I must say WOW to who she is!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I wash by hand. Having never done an automated car wash/wax, I'm nervous about doing it. Is it hard? Will I look foolish? Is there someone there to help me if I can't figure out what I'm doing? Am I likely to jump the tracks and bash into the wall or get tangled in the octopus fabric I remember when my dad took me through one as a girl? I don't know why I'm so timid about some things and ballsy about others.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2239347;
    Why are you scratching it?
    I'm no expert, but I would think definitely letting it stay covered in salt is worse for it. Wash it and WAX it, and that would help protect it.

Which leads me to a more general lesson. I am bad about not washing or waxing my car. And my car is black. A friend took it to wash/wax it for me a few weeks ago and said that the dirt had baked IN to the paint, and that it was going to be a huge ordeal to get it out. I had no idea that was even possible. So, people, wash and wax your cars regularly.
    I'm not scrathcing it. But it's a 98. It has a few small rust spots along the bottom and a nice swirly scratch on one of the doors where some lovely(probably college kid) decided it needed a bit of sprucing up. *with his keys* :nono
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2239347;

I never heard of such a thing as dirt being baked into an already baked paint job. Anyone? I think your friend was yanking your chain Lucy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast