+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Have you met anyone on-line in person?

Thanks for the congrats on the LASIK, phat! Never too late. As for my av, hell, even I sometimes think I look like that.

Enjoyed your story. Not sure where to start with "Little Camel". Hoping it doesn't refer to most of the physical features or behaviors we normally associate with camels...unless it's two big "humps."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Leo
    Premium Member
    Wow, I'm surprised that so many people met their significant others online. Didn't know that many people hooked up online.

Anyway, to the question: no, I haven't, but that's mostly because I can't afford to travel abroad and most of the people I know online are abroad. There are lots of people I know online that I'd like to meet in real-life, if the opportunity allows it (read: I win the lottery).

After meeting this one guy on a message board and then later talking over email and IM over 8 months and finding he lived a half hour away from me, I decided to finally meet this guy.

It actually went pretty well...I got so I even met his family and he met mine. I'm glad that I was fortunate enough to have a good experience.

I have been posting with a lot of the same people on sports boards for something like 5 years now. They want to get together for a game all the time but it is an idea I am not all that comfortable with. You feel like you know people but how well can you really now them through a venue such as a message board.
    I guess it is just my shyness coming out.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I'm relatively new to the whole online community thing, and the FORT is pretty much the first place where I've ever really registered and posted regularly, so I haven't actually had any opportunity to meet new online friends.

I'm really happy to hear all your wonderful stories of finding love & friendship on the net. It seems that is more the norm than the exception, because amongst my friends there have been many who also met their significant others online. I know sooo many people who have met their partners online with such a great success rate, that if I were single (I luckily have a great husband I met the old fashioned way) I would definitely try it!

I take it back, I did meet someone that I'd chatted with for a while. My friend gave me the AIM name for his long-distance girlfriend who lived on the other side of the country and finally last Xmas she came for a visit. She was such a sweetheart online, and in person she was even nicer and so pretty too! It's fun, b/c by the time you meet them you already feel so familiar w/ ea other. They're getting pretty serious now...I'm crossing my fingers for these two, they are so great together.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The FORT is the only online community that I've posted regularly, too. I haven't met anyone online, and I never even gave it a thought, either.

I'm glad that a lot of you had great results in meeting online friends/mates. I've heard so many other awful stories, that I'm just a little iffy about meeting anyone online.

But we just want to STALK you, Wolfy!

Sure, John. You say that to all the women here!

I'm glad that a lot of you had great results in meeting online friends/mates. I've heard so many other awful stories, that I'm just a little iffy about meeting anyone online.
    They key is to take it slow.... alot of the horror stories about people meeting their online love interests etc, happen because a lot of them dont take the time they should to get to know the other person. Let's face it, alot of peopel are out there for a fast love affair or are desperate to find that special someone ...
    Nobody should ever push to meet each other in real life, if it's meant to be it'll happen naturally over time.

Me & my hubby, we chatted for over 2 years before we met (well distance was obviously a great factor to that) but when we met it was like meeting an old friend lol

You feel like you know people but how well can you really now them through a venue such as a message board.
    I reckon if everyone is pretty honest & upfront about who they are, then it won't be a problem meeting IRL. I'm always myself pretty much online, what you see is what you get so when I meet people from online, there are no false pretences or anything.
    I'm like.... if ya can't cope with me the way I am then just move along lol ... :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

A girl friend of mine met her husband online. She noted she met a couple real weirdos over the years, but she noted once she got serious about what she was looking for and became pretty honset she met the "right guy". I think they chatted daily for about 3 months before meeting in person. I figure for an adult, it's no worse then going to a singles club or a bar or any where else.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast